Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear that this is finally coming up for pre-order. I'm thinking this will be a pretty big piece. I remember someone from SS mentioning that this would be a great centerpiece to a collection. Hopefully that means it will be huge. :thud:

Given the price compared to the Spino and Apato I've got a feeling its going to be very big. I don't think it'll be bigger than either of those, but I bet its going to be impressive. I'm soooo excited right now. I just wish the Apato had shipped earlier so I'd have another 300 points to put toward this bad boy.

Looking at the apple-scale image, it doesn't really look significantly bigger than the others in the line. Guess we'll have a better idea in a few hours, though.

Hope it's well received, ladies and germs! Just popping in to say "howdy," in the parlance of our times. Let me know what you think of the backstory! :D

Love the backstory. Especially youngling. Did you use that or did Sideshow add it?

Bigger than the spino...that's a pretty impressive size imo.

I enjoyed the story on this one. Most of the others are fairly linear in describing the present scene, so flipping to a past event was a cool touch. Definitely had a feeling there would be a ceratosaur involved.

Really enjoyed the story, Scar. Very enjoyable. :hi5:

Btw, I don't see how anyone can be disappointed in the size. This thing is going to be massive. :horror Just take out a tape measure, and see how big the dimensions will be. :thud:

Well, any sense of size-related disappointment could be chalked up to the PT interview that claimed the Stegosaurus would be... what was the word, Chris? Massive? Anyway, I'm not concerned with it. It's a beautiful sculpt, that's what counts.

I also noticed the weight estimate at 15 pounds, which I believe is the heaviest of any Dinosauria statue. Obviously this is a more robust animal than your typical theropod, but it's a bit of a surprise anyway.

And Steve Riojas did the painting. It does look quite a bit like lil' Sarah, doesn't it Jeremy?

Im not really disappointed in the size it is actually nice its just the apato is about 43 inches long for 300 bucks. The stego however is 27 and 350 but overall my favorite dinosauria piece yet! :peace

Pre-ordered this even though it did cost nearly 1k for me.... It's not as 'big' as I thought it would be (I was actually hoping it would dwarf the Spinosaurs maquette :monkey1), but it truly is massive, and the backstory rules~!

Ordered it as soon as I got home yesterday. I used one of my SSC Originals coupons, so I got the 10% discount. :yess:

Pre-ordered this even though it did cost nearly 1k for me.... It's not as 'big' as I thought it would be (I was actually hoping it would dwarf the Spinosaurs maquette :monkey1), but it truly is massive, and the backstory rules~!

Love your signature, Dinosaur dio

Awesome backstory Scar!

Love the backstory. Especially youngling. Did you use that or did Sideshow add it?

Bigger than the spino...that's a pretty impressive size imo.

I added in the youngling bit. A bit of a two-fold motivation in mind - first, it's a rarely used moniker for juveniles so it seemed appropriate; and secondly because I thought the Star Wars fans might get a grin. :)

I enjoyed the story on this one. Most of the others are fairly linear in describing the present scene, so flipping to a past event was a cool touch. Definitely had a feeling there would be a ceratosaur involved.

That was a large part of my goal with this one. Everything in the backstories up to this point has followed in a sort of undeviating linear progression over time. I wanted to establish a bit of unease mingled with the animal's majesty, then reveal the source of the agitation before bringing readers back to the immediate present. Just a bit of a deviation from what we've been doing with backstories so far. Glad it's been well-received. Though I'll admit to an ulterior motive of opening a door for the creative team to consider making a "bookend" (complimentary) Ceratosaur piece in the future. I'd love to see one of these scrappy animals rendered by Sideshow!

Really enjoyed the story, Scar. Very enjoyable. :hi5:

Btw, I don't see how anyone can be disappointed in the size. This thing is going to be massive. :horror Just take out a tape measure, and see how big the dimensions will be. :thud:

Happy to hear you guys like it. You're the audience that I have in mind when I write, thinking how fellow paleo-freaks would like to see each animal's tale unfold. Figure if you guys enjoy it, I'm doing my job correctly. :D

I love the idea of the "bookend" piece, Scar. That was a clever bit of thinking there. When they do it you can write the story telling the attack from the POV of the Certaosaurus. That'll be really cool...

Back