Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right. I guess they didn't give the regular a set edition size like they've done with all the past ones.

Man, what an awesome sculpture. The original paint job on the maquette looks fantastic. Lots of colors, especially on the head. Im pretty disapointed in the production paint though. It just does not pop like the maquette does. Mainly the crest area and around the mouth. For $300 though its not a bad price. I was thinking of starting to collect this line and repaint them. Maybe this will be my first one.

The Dilophosaurus maquette is back in stock on Sideshow's site. It had been sold out for some time until now.

Think I might try and pick this one up.

What's everyone's thoughts on these re-issues/re-paints? I was almost thinking of selling all my first release Dinosauria pieces to pick up the re-paints so the new stone bases would match that of the new Triceratops and T-Rex. Then I thought the Tupuxuara, old T-Rex and Dilo aren't getting the stone base, so whatever. Kind of shirty Sideshow's doing this tbh.

My photos oh this little grail.

001.jpg

002.jpg

000b.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

004.jpg

018.jpg

In my home display.

0_e7681_638e0a0e_orig.jpg

This is a very good commercial advertisement for Sideshow, I want to buy Dilophosaurus ...and the forest!!

Back