Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHAVAL

Super Freak
Reaction score
From FB page Dilophosaurus Maquette coming soon

55779_10151184548259145_477056637_o.jpg

With a sitting theropod, no less. I wonder if her body obscures a nest on the other side.

No, most dinosaurs would be too heavy to sit directly atop a nest of eggs. Those with long feathers could certainly roost over them, but Dilophosaurus is typically reconstructed with modest feathery coats, if any.

i-120f413e1673702bd56eb3b6a47f778e-Dyzio_Andy_6-9-2009_resized.jpg

That being said, it still seems possible, perhaps even likely, that she has a nest on the other side of her body in this scene.

No, most dinosaurs would be too heavy to sit directly atop a nest of eggs. Those with long feathers could certainly roost over them, but Dilophosaurus is typically reconstructed with modest feathery coats, if any.

i-120f413e1673702bd56eb3b6a47f778e-Dyzio_Andy_6-9-2009_resized.jpg

That being said, it still seems possible, perhaps even likely, that she has a nest on the other side of her body in this scene.

Sorry, I didn't ask the proper question. I was referring to the shadowed portion of ground right in front of her/beneath her. It looked as if there may be space for a nest somewhere in there.

Oh yes, that could be, but I would expect them to make it relatively prominent on the base somewhere. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Unless Chris is going to bug poor Jorge about it, of course. :lol

I'm liking it! Great addition to the line.

Somebody should tell the NL guys how to spell the name though.

Oh yes, that could be, but I would expect them to make it relatively prominent on the base somewhere. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Unless Chris is going to bug poor Jorge about it, of course. :lol

Hey now there's an idea.. lol

I kinda did know about the mated pair deal but no idea about a nest. It seems very likely to me as well she is concealing one on the other side. We have been asking for a nesting scene as well, I just thought it would be a hadrosaur..heh

I'm quite impressed, these are more like dios than maquettes really and a SITTING theropod ! I'll finally have one. ;D I do wish they had more color though..and maybe have made one with the mouth open..Dilophosaurs have such amazing dentition.

Wonder what the exclusive will be ? Another skull or maybe a hatchling ?

Despite the lack of 'action', it's better than I expected it to be :D

Anyways, I am overjoyed that this line is still alive, when considering how things went with the line over the past year, it pretty much seemed that SS was going to drop off this line after the Stegosaurus maquette was released.

Last edited:
Ah yes, but that newsletter won't be seen by nearly as many eyes as the backstory. And those, unfortunately, do tend to have some typos.

Kind of funny to think this is the second time a sitting Dilophosaurus model has been made. I wonder if there's a reason for that.

dsdiloph.jpg

Ah yes, but that newsletter won't be seen by nearly as many eyes as the backstory. And those, unfortunately, do tend to have some typos.

Kind of funny to think this is the second time a sitting Dilophosaurus model has been made. I wonder if there's a reason for that.

dsdiloph.jpg

I can't recall exactly where, but there were some reports that a set of tracks alongside with marks made by the pelvic region was possibly from a sitting Dilophosaur.

Hey now there's an idea.. lol

I kinda did know about the mated pair deal but no idea about a nest. It seems very likely to me as well she is concealing one on the other side. We have been asking for a nesting scene as well, I just thought it would be a hadrosaur..heh

I'm quite impressed, these are more like dios than maquettes really and a SITTING theropod ! I'll finally have one. ;D I do wish they had more color though..and maybe have made one with the mouth open..Dilophosaurs have such amazing dentition.

Wonder what the exclusive will be ? Another skull or maybe a hatchling ?

I'm sure the exclusive will be another skull. Although, you never know, Sideshow could surprise us.

Btw, I hope this "maquette" will be a decent size. For some reason it looks small to me. I know you can't tell a lot from a picture like this, so we'll have to wait till next week. Here's to hoping there will be enough for everyone. :wink1:

I'm glad I waited for this sitting Dilo..I have been tempted by the other one you posted Dan but this one is much more my style with regards to detail.

I'm sure the butt-prints are a big reason Dilos are often portrayed sitting since there is direct evidence for them doing so.
tumblr_m0r2woYyzs1qmokero1_500.jpg

i-c3b19f28ff369738a17c518479cda15e-dilophosaur.jpeg

Looking at all that art I'm seriously thinking I might get this one repainted.

Dilos were good sized theropods. I'm thinking this one should be 1/15-1/10 maybe ? Not as huge as the Stegosaurus but at least as big as the Rex or Carno.

Looking again I just noticed how the male Dilo has a bit of the Rex maquette in the head..a little grizzled and the red color as well. At least this one got himself a pretty girl there..she looks to almost be smiling..lol

Back