Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not entirely ontopic but had to rearrange some cabinets recently and had to put some of the dinosaurs in another room for safety, made a nice group pic I think. Only part of them are there, some of the kidz were still in the other room.

DSC04853_zps16f4d5b8.jpg

DSC04855_zpsdf12cf0e.jpg

Bad pics but gives a good size comparison.

Now it's waiting for Dilophosaurus and checking prices for a Stegosaurus to complete the non-1:1-scale ones!

Will post some pics of them in the new cabinets in my collection topic btw for those interested :)

Thanks to my Always reliable Dutch shop these baby's got here today...

Have made a photo report and since not many people seem to have this yet, decided to make a little more than usual.

My own opinion on the piece:

First part is the box: this is convienently small, which is good 'cause it wouldn't be a good thing if we would have seven boxes the size of Apatosaurus laying around. There is a little place on top of the styrofoam box that houses the base, a base which is simple but fine and nicely made.
Then there are the dinosaurs. Since it is a bit dark in the room where I unpacked them, to be honest at first I thought the colours were a bit blunt (can you say that like that?) compared to the ones of the prototype. The males head has really nice colours with the blue and red, but the nuances and versatility of colours on the body's of both of them seemed a bit less strong on the real thing than on the proto. Of course this is the case most of the time with prototype vs. selling pieces, but when I brought it downstairs and put it in daylight, it actually looked a lot better immediately and it was almost as if they came to life. As I was making pictures and looking at it longer, it really grew on me and I started liking it more and more. I specifically like the posture and attitude of the female, she has a really bird-like, submissive stance that really brings it to life. I would say that despite the fact that the colours on the males head are really beautiful, she is my favorite of the two, since the way the motion is caught in the statue is really unique. This goes for the male as well by the way, especially from behind you can really imagine how it would pick up his next foot and take another step, just like how the T-rex really gives me that feeling, really awesome.

Overal: in the end I like it very much, the paint apps to me personally don't have the quality like the early pieces like Carno and Rex but it sure is a really, really good statue. The interaction between the two is great, the sculpt is marvellous and the paint isn't bad either. It looks really good with the others and I'm happy to have it, even though it's quite expensive. Really loving it :)

So some pics. Excuse me for the crap around it, only realized it was annoying until after making the them.

No edition number/size anymore?

Last edited:

Love the way she holds her hands and head

For the time being temporarely next to Tupuxuara, size comparison as well.

Without flash

Last edited:
Hello Sleis. Beautiful review. The photos are explicit. Thank you. My statue is on the way :) :wave:yess::clap

PS:I wishes very much to see the final product of the Mosasaur. I hope next year to launch 2 pieces!!!:)))))

Great pics guys! It sure is a beauty :) Would be so awesome if they would do a charging or jumping Deinonychus anytime soon. Morkhiuss, seems like your male did got his teeth painted by the way or is that just the lightning? Good to see that most of these are okay, I pity the poor Marvel and other non-dinosauria collectors who keep getting badly made statues.

Tupuxuara it would be really cool if you could add Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus as well and have every piece they made in that nice cabinet! Especially Carnotaurus, to me it's the best one they did :)

Last edited:
Hello Sleis!

I repainted the head just a little bit especially the teeth, i also added little bit of Liquin arround the mouth nose and eyes so they look more wet which is hard to see on the photos.
Will post new photos when i retouch the maquette more with color :)

You mean my cabinet? Yes, this cabinet is done and designed entirely by me. This cabinet is specially developed for this line. Not a "Chinese cabinet," as some people think.:horror:wink1:

Repainted my Dilo just a little bit more today, don't know if you can see it in the photo but it really makes a difference :)

Thanks chisoxfan2424. I really worked hard to reach this stage. I thought about extending this closet vertically. Next year will the new Trex, Mosasaur and Triceratops :):yess::yess::yess::yess:

Back