Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd post on here but got a Sideshow Original's Coupon code of 10% off I believe still works which I haven't used. I don't think I redeemed it but I have no use for it but would maybe like to trade for a regular code or gift card. Don't need this so a trade or a free loan of a code would be great. Anyone want send me a Pm. :wave

Sideshow Dilophosaurus
Foulkes Allosaurus

1004793_10151580965114023_133229778_n.jpg

Wow Dan looks sensational:thud:. I do not understand something,on the site looks like you have to do preorder, and you have it already in stock:cuckoo:. Very nice:wink1:, how did you buy the world's first, this maquette?:cuckoo::cuckoo::clap

PS, can you show us some pictures?:pray::pray:

Last edited:
Check the size comp on the SS site. It's pretty small but beautiful.

Where's mine! lol

Looks good but the teeth paint app just doesn't work for me, it's too similar to the skin, it looked better on the proto.

Looks good but the teeth paint app just doesn't work for me, it's too similar to the skin, it looked better on the proto.

I noticed it as well..but it's easily touched up and fixed at least it's nothing major. I've been told it's really hard communicating what you want done, fixed, or changed to the Asian factories. So perhaps it was an over sight.

Congratulate you Dan for the great review:yess:. This maquette I like very much, but something seems a little strange, again just my opinion. Male legs seem too short and too went back to the body. The same old problem, the colors seem lifeless and differs from the prototype:(. From my point of view, T-Rex maquette, follow best prototype colors.:lecture

Anybody get theirs yet? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Nothing yet, hopefully this week as it will be the 24th. I don't understand what the delay is ..Sideshow has been pretty mum on this one so far. I recall how with past pieces constant updates went out. Odd.

Congratulate you Dan for the great review:yess:. This maquette I like very much, but something seems a little strange, again just my opinion. Male legs seem too short and too went back to the body. The same old problem, the colors seem lifeless and differs from the prototype:(. From my point of view, T-Rex maquette, follow best prototype colors.:lecture

Dilophosaurs actually have a long torso compared to other dinos, see Hartman's illustration here :

dilophosaurus_skeleton_01.jpg

The legs looks alright, but he does seem a little out of balance..I'll try to fix mine when I get it..maybe add something to keep that one foot from going down quite so far. He is in a long stride..not wrong but certainly it's throwing all his weight forward and to the left.

I think the colors match up fairly well..though even the original prototype colors were a bit bland. Pics taken outside tend to show much more color and detail..I'll snag a few when mine comes in.

Most kits are a little out of balance because, in my opinion, they skimp on the length of the tail.

Also, I got an email telling me that my card would be charged for the Dilopho on Wednesday, so it looks like they are nearly ready to ship those babies out. Yes!

Most kits are a little out of balance because, in my opinion, they skimp on the length of the tail.

Also, I got an email telling me that my card would be charged for the Dilopho on Wednesday, so it looks like they are nearly ready to ship those babies out. Yes!

Same here ! Can't wait to have a new dinosaur finally !

It could be..or the sculpt didn't balance properly while it was being done..heck it could even be the base. My Spino didn't want to go onto his base for a long while..I had to jiggle and maneuver it a bit so it sank down in there tight. Heaven forbid I ever need to get it off of there .. lol

I've also noticed some of these guys have a leaning issue..the Carnotaurus was one..I've used scrap pieces of cardboard around his pin spot to make it tighter so it stayed more " up ".

Well, the tail is a balancing beam, and the kits that don't balance well are the ones with tail length issues.

My card is supposed to be charged today, so this baby looms. Noticed some of the white highlights on the neck of the female were not present on the review kit, or was that just me?

Hello friends. What news do you have about this beautiful maquette? I understand that launches on July 24. Now we're 26 and still is to preorder. Does anyone have this maquette, besides Dan?:cuckoo::cuckoo::gah:

I got mine today and it's beautiful. It's three pieces and the skull. I got number 24. Love the sculpts, and the dinos fit nicely onto the base. One could actually pose just the sitting Dilopho alone if you want. The teeth are painted on mine, unlike the sample that Dan had.
I'm really happy with it.

Back