Dinosauria:Dilophosaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when is the first payment ? I tried looking it up but didn't see it.

Might just go with the full amount when it's ready to ship. Seems easier..lol

Depends on how may payments you choose. If you click on 'payment plan for as little as $60/mo' you can see what month it starts on.

Probably pass on this piece unless I can find one in the UK/EU,shipping and taxes just getting to high.

I will get this after seeing inhand pics ......dont care for Ex .....i m waiting for T-Rex Maquette , Life Size Bust :impatient:

I pre-ordered the EX version for 280.00 with that 10.00 off newsletter signup code.

I'm trying to be a completest with this line and since it's release is May I should have some time to save for it.

I think this piece is 1/15 or 1/16 scale . David Silva's Dilophosaurus shown here is 16" long and the male Dilo in this new piece is 17" and David's is 1/16 . Could be a good companion piece for this one as well if you wanted to expand the scene.

silvadilo1.jpg

Ordered the regular @ a Dutch shop... really love this one (or two actually). Also curious about the size hand-in... it is indeed about the same size as the Allosaurus ( I mesured it, the Allosaurus is even taller) but the Allosaurus has it's neck stretched out and the Dilophosaurus has it's head up, so maybe overall the Dilophosaurus will appear a bit larger. Hope it will be here around june but probably september will be more likely I'm afraid...

Hope they inject some more David Krentz sculpts to this line. Or maybe some Shane Foulkes? I can dream can't I?:pray:

From my point of view, Sideshow should launch a year, 3 dinosaurs:yess::thud::pray:. Thank God there are so many dinosaurs discovered, that you have to bring back to life SIDESHOW DINOSAURIA LINE !!!:pray::pray::pray::panic:

I really wish that David Krentz would work for this line again. His T. rex maquette is still my fav piece from the line so far.

I did suggest to David again just today that he should sculpt a new piece or two for the line..he just said that Jorge was doing a fantastic job ..lol

I have suggested in the past that Shane do a piece for the line..he said if asked he certainly would. So it would seem that if we want more artists on the project ( nothing at all against Jorge ! Love his work ! ) we need to let Sideshow know.

On a side note David mentioned he wrote the stories for many of the early pieces..I can't recall hearing that before.

I did suggest to David again just today that he should sculpt a new piece or two for the line..he just said that Jorge was doing a fantastic job ..lol

I have suggested in the past that Shane do a piece for the line..he said if asked he certainly would. So it would seem that if we want more artists on the project ( nothing at all against Jorge ! Love his work ! ) we need to let Sideshow know.

On a side note David mentioned he wrote the stories for many of the early pieces..I can't recall hearing that before.

Blade, that sounds like a plan.:wink1: Now all we have to do is rally the rest of the dinofiles, & petition Sideshow for more artists, possibly larger scale....etc

Let us mimic the fanatical strategy of Marvel, Star Wars, LOTR, & DC freaks/fans, who relentlessly voice their opinions en masse. At times, Sideshow listens, & takes notice.

The saying goes that the 'squeaky wheel gets oiled'. It would be a true tragedy if we allow this line to die (as we all thought it did), by not so much as uttering a peep.:dunno:thud::slap

Since this is only a run of 175, think it will sell out when it goes in stock? Or is it already sold out??

The exclusive version that's limited to 175 and comes with the additional skull piece hasn't sold out yet. You can still pre-order it. I'm not sure if it'll sell out before it comes in stock or not. I sort of doubt it as the Dinosauria series seems to sell a little slowly compared to a lot of the other stuff. After that, they'll sell a regular version without a skull piece. You can also get this regular version from other online retailers at a slightly reduced rate as well. You might also want to keep in mind that you can pre-order it now from Sideshow with the flexpay option and spread the payments out over a few months.

Back