Die Hard 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Force Awakens kind of followed in the footsteps of Die Hard with a Vengeance now that I think about it. Older hero has to contend with relative of bad guy from first movie. Estranged from wife after previous film had you thinking they were living happily ever after. Even banters and argues with a black guy who doesn't like how fast he drives to their destination, etc., lol.

Older hero has to contend with relative of bad guy from first movie.
Estranged from wife after previous film had you thinking they were living happily ever after.
1. Older Hero is a side character
2. Bad guy is Older Hero's son
3. Bad guy kills Older Hero

Yep, totally see the footsteps... :lol

Still not as unrealistic and stupid as "John and his CIA pseudo-son fight "Russians" in a cheesy OTT version of Russia and then drive to Ukraine over night just in time to fight more "Russians" in Pripyat and stop the villain from gettin' weapons-grade uranium in Chernobyl's secret vault."

u mad cause they made Russians eeeeeevil!
He's just upset because they got all the Russia stuff so right in that movie. Now the world knows about Chernobyl's secret vault, and what the CIA had to do to stop the bad guys. Pretty sure the entire audience stood up and clapped, while chanting, "USA USA USA!" when that one ended.

bare chested on a horse, throwing live bears at people.

Sounds like the Zack Snyder version of "Seabiscuit," lol.

"And then you grab the other jockey and..."

giphy.webp

Not X-TREME enough, I'm afraid. He would need a pony tail, bad-ass tribal tattoo, leg belts, and to order Dmitri Medvedev to run headlong into a tornado to meet Snyder's standards.

He's just upset because they got all the Russia stuff so right in that movie. Now the world knows about Chernobyl's secret vault, and what the CIA had to do to stop the bad guys. Pretty sure the entire audience stood up and clapped, while chanting, "USA USA USA!" when that one ended.

At the Moscow premiere no less.

If that happened, a bare chested Putin would ride right into that auditorium on his horse, throwing live bears at people.

Could be worse... we could all be watching Russian-made action movies.

Nah, **** that! I'd rather watch Last Action Hero.

I haven't seen beyond "With a Vengeance." And even that was too many sequels. DH2 is alright, but I don't seek it out. The injected race angle in DH3 was very irritating.

Opposite for me, 2 feels like a by-the-numbers retread of 1 (which it is, the studio hired notorious hack Renny Harlin to direct) whereas 3 feels like a return to form with McTiernan directing again and the scenario being completely different.

4 was awful, I've never bothered watching 5 but everyone tells me it's somehow worse.

Opposite for me, 2 feels like a by-the-numbers retread of 1 (which it is, the studio hired notorious hack Renny Harlin to direct) whereas 3 feels like a return to form with McTiernan directing again and the scenario being completely different.

4 was awful, I've never bothered watching 5 but everyone tells me it's somehow worse.

I'm not crazy about DH2, but I don't hate or love it. While DH3 is better than the previous film, my main issue with it is what I stated in my last post.

As you said, at least DH3 went somewhere else instead of just a copy of DH1.

It's a shame McTiernan doesn't direct anymore. I think I've seen Basic once, but I liked it from what I remember.

I have fond memories of Die Hard 2 because it was the first ever midnight premiere I ever went to. Such events didn't really exist in 1990 so when a buddy and I went we assumed that there'd be very few people attending at such an ungodly hour. It turned out to be packed and with quite a rowdy crowd. During the early scene where William Sadler was doing the naked Tai Chi and then super dramatically spun and turned off the TV with the remote someone in the audience went "WHOOOAAA!" and we all burst out laughing. And then lots of laughing and cheering at the dialogue and action throughout.

So yes it was indeed a pretty by the numbers retread but that didn't stop it from being a heck of a fun crowd experience.

Die Hard 3 is my favorite.

DH2 is a bit boring, and there's nothing memorable about it.

DH4 is entertaining, but Willis no longer looks the same, so it's like watching another character. Also, the new sidekick was...lame.

DH5...haven't seen it.

Die Hard 3 is my favorite.
DH2 is a bit boring, and there's nothing memorable about it.
Ha, just the opposite for me! :lol
I don't remember anything about DH3 outside of the "I HATE NI--ERS" bit and it's my least fav of the trilogy.
I do remember DH2's plane crash, skywalk shootout, snowmobile chase, ejection seat escape, wing fight scene, etc.

I like them all, but 5....it's just bad. 2 is my second to least favorite. This one doesn't hold my interest after 5 was so bad.

That has to be some of kara’s best posts ever and i’m sure it’s not easy for kara to top kara lol.

Holy crap i’m still laughing.

I already benefited from this movie.

Back