1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Remember, there are a lot of trolls on this forum that will do anything they can to make SSC/HT look bad, so these numbers may not be accurate.

It's always amusing how the bootlicking mods here quickly pounce on any criticisms and scream "TROLL!"

I suppose cracked hip joints on Iron Monger, oily leakage from Batman suits, substandard wiring on Tumblers and Lightcycles, etc. are just figments of some troll's imagination, eh? :rotfl

HT's quality control issues are well documented.
A $600 plus "collectible" toy shouldn't have any.

In this case, it sounds like near half of them do.

The cockpit on this piece is mighty impressive, though.

Sideshow needs to work with Hot Toys on developing an exchange plan for these larger scale figures and vehicles. While the damage is minor, scuffs on a high-end collectible at THIS cost are unacceptable and Sideshow should establish an exchange program with Hot Toys in order to get replacements with Hot Toys.

Very well said and 100% correct.

___

Wow I had really been considering ordering this especially when it showed up low quality on the last newsletter. I had been following the main thread but just came across this one. Very discouraging and saddening. It gonna be hard to order knowing it's basically the flip of the coin for the odds of getting a good one. Even if SS were to offer an exchange it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle to go through sending this back possibly multiple times.

Oh well gues I just saved myself $700.

Wow nearly 50% of damaged...what a shame...

Mine arrived today from Sideshow without scratch. only a very very thin line under both fuel tank hatch and some light dirty spot on the canopy.

Have you some dirty spot too on yours?

Third one from Warner Bros. Store was perfect. No problems. Can't vote again though.

- Sideshow, first batch (scratches on both sides)

- BBTS, second wave (scratches on one side)

- Warner Bros. Store (none)

Third one from Warner Bros. Store was perfect. No problems. Can't vote again though.

- Sideshow, first batch (scratches on both sides)

- BBTS, second wave (scratches on one side)

- Warner Bros. Store (none)

****ing delighted for you man. All the hassle was worth it.:clap

not sure if I posted in here but when I opened mine up all I saw was pure disaster. The plastic wrap over the shield had melted in several spots and I didn't even know there was a plastic film covering it. I thought it was completely ruined. Then I calmed down and peeled it off and everything was good. I'm the dummy. As for the Batmobile itself it was in perfect condition so I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

not sure if I posted in here but when I opened mine up all I saw was pure disaster. The plastic wrap over the shield had melted in several spots and I didn't even know there was a plastic film covering it. I thought it was completely ruined. Then I calmed down and peeled it off and everything was good. I'm the dummy. As for the Batmobile itself it was in perfect condition so I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Congrats. Where did you get yours?

Sideshow.....I had them hold it another month after it started shipping because the shipping was so high. It's just pure luck though if it's damaged or not. I will say Fed Ex didn't really help anything. They just dropped the box on the porch without even getting a signature.

Sideshow.....I had them hold it another month after it started shipping because the shipping was so high. It's just pure luck though if it's damaged or not. I will say Fed Ex didn't really help anything. They just dropped the box on the porch without even getting a signature.

Two members posted their car from Sideshow was in a plastic bag when they opened it. Did yours had the bag as well?

I've talked to a Sideshow rep today and they confirmed that the cars are being shipped now with a plastic bag over them to protect the top of the car from scratches.

mine has a scratch...i am from HK so i have to contact HT directly...but they still havent replied me after 4 days....

mine has a scratch...i am from HK so i have to contact HT directly...but they still havent replied me after 4 days....

Same here. I contacted HT a week ago about getting a replacement canopy and just as I suspected, no response.

You can maybe fix that if its your only issue. I only say that cause I hate the replacement debacle and it wouldnt be better on a box that size lol

Back