1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
Could this damage be from an unpadded factory work-station where they invert the vehicle to do work on the underside? This is just too consistent a scratch.

This sucks. I can't risk buying this without seeing in a bricks and mortar store--to much $$$.

I feel bad for you guys with faulty merch.:(

You've hit the nail on the head! This is the reason why i believe there to be so many of these Batmobiles with consistent scratches in the same area. After numerous telephone conversations with a Sideshow rep, he also agreed that this was the likely cause and that they will be taking the necessary action to prevent the same from happening again with their new shipment which should be arriving mid august. My Batmobile is on that new shipment so i hope SSC dont let me down! :pray:

I wonder how deep the scratches are? Are they only on the surface? is it possible to use some extra fine grit sandpaper slowly and progressively fine to remove it? I know that for many of us this is like the Holy Grail of collectibles, something we never thought we would get a chance at and it must be painful for others to decide to return it after all this waiting.

I picked up my Batmobile I bought from AP Collectibles at UPS today. Mine arrived in absolutely perfect condition. Not one scratch or glue mark on the windows as far as I can see from giving it the full look over.

Boba where's AP Collectibles? are they local or no? I need a new canopy and I'm basically mint...dammit.. had to order a 2nd one from BBTS

Hey Kicker. They're located in Indianapolis, IN. However, Sideshow drop shipped it from California on their behalf.

If you don't mind me asking how much was it and do they have any left. I'm willing to drive down there to make sure I get a mint one.

I got mine for $600 on pre-order, but it looks like they have some in stock right now for $629.99. However, I'm not sure if they allow you to inspect it since they're doing drop shipments which come directly from Sideshow and don't go to AP Collectibles directly. You might want to e-mail them and ask about it.

I finally checked mine and found 2 small scratches ll right between the canopy and the passenger side round window, only visible in a torchlight. Also has a scratch by the passenger side gas cap, again only visible under a torch. I have voted as arrive damaged, but I don't think I am going to take any further action.

You've hit the nail on the head! This is the reason why i believe there to be so many of these Batmobiles with consistent scratches in the same area. After numerous telephone conversations with a Sideshow rep, he also agreed that this was the likely cause and that they will be taking the necessary action to prevent the same from happening again with their new shipment which should be arriving mid august. My Batmobile is on that new shipment so i hope SSC dont let me down! :pray:

Glad we think alike. However nothing is going to happen as any shipment that is to arrive at SS mid this month has likely left the docks in China mid last month :( just hope they caught on and stopped this insane worker from doing any more harm ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Glad we think alike. However nothing is going to happen as any shipment that is to arrive at SS mid this month has likely left the docks in China mid last month :( just hope they caught on and stopped this insane worker from doing any more harm ;)

I hope your wrong on this occasion Jeff! My replacement Batmobile is on that tanker!!! :pray:

I hope your wrong on this occasion Jeff! My replacement Batmobile is on that tanker!!! :pray:

Since the slight majority still seem in good condition I think they or that line worker caught on and maybe sneaked off to another position to conceal his involvement :p.
it's rather simple really to explain things like this. You get paid so little in a dead end job and live below poverty line while seeing all these new rich folks w the most expensive cars and residents making money on their backs. Nobody is going to own up to any mistake. As for QC the known way for that to work is bring someone in from the outside, outside that culture even but who nobody likes to work and live their!!

Since the slight majority still seem in good condition I think they or that line worker caught on and maybe sneaked off to another position to conceal his involvement :p.
it's rather simple really to explain things like this. You get paid so little in a dead end job and live below poverty line while seeing all these new rich folks w the most expensive cars and residents making money on their backs. Nobody is going to own up to any mistake. As for QC the known way for that to work is bring someone in from the outside, outside that culture even but who nobody likes to work and live their!!

Just to update this thread with the latest information, in the past few days there have been multiple reports of units being inspected for damage prior to leaving BBTS - and then arriving damaged to their owners. So the scratches are not from the factory workers or the assembly process; without a doubt, the shield is being pressed against the car and causing scratches during delivery. Either the boxes are being shipped upside down and the cars weight presses against the shield, or the weight of other boxes on top are pressing the shield down against the car.

I'd almost ask them to just ****ing take the shield out and keep it after the inspection. Don't need the bloody thing anyway.

Just to update this thread with the latest information, in the past few days there have been multiple reports of units being inspected for damage prior to leaving BBTS - and then arriving damaged to their owners. So the scratches are not from the factory workers or the assembly process; without a doubt, the shield is being pressed against the car and causing scratches during delivery. Either the boxes are being shipped upside down and the cars weight presses against the shield, or the weight of other boxes on top are pressing the shield down against the car.

Or BBTS didn't notice the damage/ignored the "minor" scratches. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from that really.

What we need to know, is if there are any complaints in HK?

Or BBTS didn't notice the damage/ignored the "minor" scratches. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from that really.
True, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, here.

What we need to know, is if there are any complaints in HK?
Not one. And not one report of a damaged unit from Cornerstore Comics when picked up and inspected in person (Cornerstore is so close to Sideshow that they likely pick their stock up in person). Considering the damage rate is over 45%, its statistically impossible for the damage to have originated during assembly when only units shipped to and then from Sideshow are affected.

My latest Batmobile had scratches on one side of the canopy and near the window (the plastic tape looked like it fell off as well). The shield cocoon's wheel was also floating around in the box too.

The scratches themselves aren't as bad as my first from Sideshow that I'm sending back, but still, they're there.

Back