did you love or hate the last jedi?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you love or hate the last jedi

• LOVED IT

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • HATED IT

Votes: 75 59.5%

• Total voters
50 to 32 and the haters winning. what's the explanation? fake bot troll accounts voting?

From what I have heard, it goes like this:

"Standard to regular fan" audience mostly loved it.
Hardcore fans are completely split.

Obviously on a forum like this, you are going to get mostly a hardcore fan sample.

I mean we spend thousands on Star Wars statues and props. That's a really specialized audience.

But there is no denying that the RT audience score means something. That didn't happen to TFA, nor Rogue One, so it's not just an anti-Disney campaign. The movie is truly divisive.

Also does not account for the millions of people who could care less about Star Wars, like my wife and all her friends. They'll only go if they hear its good. If they hear that its even 'meh' they will avoid it.

And Star Wars isn't huge in Asia. If this dies there, and simply putters along at half speed here in its second week and beyond, then Disney will take note.

From what I have heard, it goes like this:

"Standard to regular fan" audience mostly loved it.
Hardcore fans are completely split.

Obviously on a forum like this, you are going to get mostly a hardcore fan sample.

I mean we spend thousands on Star Wars statues and props. That's a really specialized audience.

But there is no denying that the RT audience score means something. That didn't happen to TFA, nor Rogue One, so it's not just an anti-Disney campaign. The movie is truly divisive.

Normal "fans" hardly spend a dime on SW figures/statues and props. Watching couple of SW this and that and calling themself "fan" would be ridiculous. I watched The Dark Knight 6-7 times already but im not consider myself " a fan"...just simply love how the movie was well directed and intersting characters, good music...thats it... and have no interest to buy related figures from that movie.

But I have seen some people who newly started with SW from TFA and spent thousand on Hot Toys...but that interest quickly faded as time goes by.

The intention of Disney to shift target audience of SW to "new fanbase and new SW generation" clearly..fails to meet their expectations.

Every single target, walmart, toys r us all have shelves full of The Force Awakens merchandise and Rogue One merchandise in clearance
What do you think is gonna happen to the last jedi merch?

Normal "fans" hardly spend a dime on SW figures/statues and props. Watching couple of SW this and that and calling themself "fan" would be ridiculous. I watched The Dark Knight 6-7 times already but im not consider myself " a fan"...just simply love how the movie was well directed and intersting characters, good music...thats it... and have no interest to buy related figures from that movie.

But I have seen some people who newly started with SW from TFA and spent thousand on Hot Toys...but that interest quickly faded as time goes by.

The intention of Disney to shift target audience of SW to "newer fanbase and new SW generation" clearly..fails to meet their expectations.

They spend a lot on t-shirts, caps, Porg toys and other regular merchandise. That brings in a lot of money. Those are "in the moment" purchases, obviously all that stuff is kinda disposable, but that's so much money for Disney when you multiply it by the number of people who purchase this crap.
A lot of people are going crazy for Porgs the same way they did with BB-8 for example.

Disney relies a lot on that, not just the high end consumers who buy Hot Toys, Sideshow, etc...

Here, you get a sample of people who aren't just fans, but knowledgeable fans. These are the hardest to convince that TLJ is great. So the poll definitely makes sense, and I obviously voted for the hate option myself.
But out there, it's different, if you ask 85 people that just came out of the cinema, you aren't gonna get 53 who hated the movie. No way.

Every single target, walmart, toys r us all have shelves full of The Force Awakens merchandise and Rogue One merchandise in clearance
What do you think is gonna happen to the last jedi merch?

True, I did see a couple videos on YouTube a while back pointing that out. Crazy stuff for someone like me who remembers the madness of The Phantom Menace when it came to toys haha.

True, I did see a couple videos on YouTube a while back pointing that out. Crazy stuff for someone like me who remembers the madness of The Phantom Menace when it came to toys haha.

Phantom Menace had Darth Maul. He is hella bad ass mofo.

TLJ do not have anything cool, old guys, granny Leia and new characters just boring.

Phantom Menace had Darth Maul. He is hella bad ass mofo.

TLJ do not have anything cool, old guys, granny Leia and new characters just boring.

That's a good point, actually. Are we getting a figure of Holdo with finger-wagging action?

I can see it now: little ones playing with their toys, recreating the scene where the lovable rogue is shamed by the newly-appointed rebel leader. Iconic scene. Definitely one for the kids. Who needs a double-edged lightsaber when you have office politics?

That's a good point, actually. Are we getting a figure of Holdo with finger-wagging action?

I can see it now: little ones playing with their toys, recreating the scene where the lovable rogue is shamed by the newly-appointed rebel leader. Iconic scene. Definitely one for the kids. Who needs a double-edged lightsaber when you have office politics?

1513565134967.jpg

I didn’t hate it....I liked it....

Love? Not for any film...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back