Did TROS need to bring back Palpatine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did TROS need to bring back Palpatine?

• Yes, Kylo was too conflicted and/or we knew he was going to be redeemed

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No, they should have stuck with Kylo as the main bad guy

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Who knows, anyway it's history now

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
Mike Zeroh is a notoriously unreliable YouTube "leak" source. He has become a joke. :lol I wouldn't believe anything from him.

Ah okay. I've known his name since around the time of TLJ but never knew how credible he was. Take that video with a grain of salt then. It did seem to echo what a lot of other people have been reporting with regard to what was cut though.

Heck, go one step further and say that Logan Boba then crafted similar armor (but couldn't find the same gauntlets :lol), and that was him dying in ROTJ rather than the true Boba Fett. Those red gauntlets in ROTJ were GL's fail-safe the whole time. :lol

There we go, perfect, lol.

I love a Khev/ajp panel!

giphy.gif

I watched Mike Zeroh a few times and once I realized the channel is all about bashing KK and Disney, I quit watching.

:lol

It is the Disney way, isn't it? Like the multiple options for the way your Star Tours ride goes.

You may not get the one you want, but you get the one you deserve.

What might have been with Kylo as the main villain (and Rey turning/infiltrating):

EOfwfovWAAAgfdQ

Someone on Twitter said this is how TLJ should have ended. I'm inclined to agree, it was sorely in need of a cliffhanger and this also may have precluded Palps' return.

What might have been with Kylo as the main villain (and Rey turning/infiltrating):

EOfwfovWAAAgfdQ

Someone on Twitter said this is how TLJ should have ended. I'm inclined to agree, it was sorely in need of a cliffhanger and this also may have precluded Palps' return.

Yeah, I can definitely understand that point of view. No matter what variation of the post-Snoke picture, though, I'll never understand the argument that Kylo couldn't have been the main villain in ep9. For one thing, Adam Driver is the best actor in the ST, and one of the best of his whole generation. That type of acting ability should be used to its fullest potential, and should carry the film. Just have a time jump of one or two years from TLJ, say Kylo has grown even more powerful (and sinister) with the Force as Supreme Leader, and let Driver take care of translating that type of credible threat.

The key for me is that Kylo/Ben is the only next-gen descendant of the Skywalker bloodline in the ST. And after Leia is gone, he's the last living one. His character embodies the Skywalker legacy: incredibly gifted with the Force, and the target of evil corruption being tempted with the power to rule the entire galaxy. That's the story of Anakin, and of Luke, with each one choosing different paths. Kylo/Ben could've been the extension of that to see where it would lead.

The Skywalker Saga started (chronologically) with Anakin believing that others were holding him back. After turning to the dark, he sought to overthrow his final obstacle in order to rule the galaxy. Kylo actually did it! He accomplished what his grandfather had sought. Vader's legacy fulfilled! I can't understand how that's not a compelling setup for the final chapter in this family drama.

What I think would've made this a cool story opportunity for ep9 is to use Luke and Anakin in confrontations with Kylo/Ben now that no dark side puppeteer (Snoke) could prevent it. Use that dynamic to ask the question of what happens to a Skywalker when he has climbed to the top using the dark side but doesn't have a compelling reason to be redeemed. Anakin had his son Luke to compel him to turn back to the light. Luke had his father's tortured soul to fight for and keep him from turning to the dark. Kylo/Ben would have all that power, but be on his own. There's so much you could do with that to put a powerful punctuation on the Skywalker legacy. :gah:

Bringing Palps back not only potentially undermines Anakin's legacy, but reverts Kylo back to being a manipulated puppet. Why!? I don't get it. The external battle of Leia's Resistance versus Kylo's First Order would be a metaphor for the internal battle of the light side of the Skywalkers versus their dark side. Winner take all and cement the legacy. Instead, we got a retreading of the same ground as the OT, but compromising it along the way (IMO). Frustrating.

Vader's legacy is undermined as soon as the balance is disturbed. Yes, thinking balance will be restored forever is absurd, but it lasting just for 30-40 years?
2 things may preserve Anakin's legacy.
1-New threat being smaller than Palps.
2-If Palps returned, Anakin playing a role in his final defeat.
Anything other than these ruin not Skywalkers legacy, but Anakin's legacy.

I want to see Palpatine return again and again as the villain in each subsequent Disney Star Wars film. Each time with more and more "life-support" concoctions connected to him. Always stating, "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

We can have each film's hero joining the Force ghosts cheer-leading squad after they die.

No redeeming of Anakin, Luke, Rey, Jar-Jar, etc., until "broom boy" grows up and finally sweeps the decrepit Sith Lord away.

With Williams no longer writing the soundtracks for future Star Wars films, Disney can purchase the rights to Chumbawamba's hit single: https://youtu.be/2H5uWRjFsGc

Back