Did TROS need to bring back Palpatine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did TROS need to bring back Palpatine?

• Yes, Kylo was too conflicted and/or we knew he was going to be redeemed

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No, they should have stuck with Kylo as the main bad guy

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Who knows, anyway it's history now

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
But that really just sounds like the difference between trainee and master. And if we follow from that and say that Snoke wasn't a Sith it would mean he's a tier below the likes of Darth Maul on the training and force-using scale. Yet I wouldn't have got that impression from TLJ.

Maul and TLJ Snoke both got cut in half. One survived. The Sith one. ;)

In all seriousness, I think we just see it differently, and it gets too close to being a difference of mere semantics. I just never assumed when the Jedi in TPM said that the Sith no longer existed that it meant no Force users had been drawing from the dark side during that time. But elevating it to Sith mastery would be something completely more dangerous, and with its own set of mystical/religious connotations. In my mind, and presumably in GL's mind, the Sith have be dealt with differently than mere dark side Force users because they harness the Force more powerfully, or with greater understanding and awareness.

Even if just to make sense of why the Sith presented such a worrisome reaction from Mace and Yoda, I attribute contextual value to the idea of the Sith "religion" meaning something more ominous than how the dark side gets used by others.

They wasted him. If they were going to bring him back they should have had him in all 3 movies.

George wasn't really shy about the fact that while the EU constituted canon, he didn't consider anything outside of his movies to be "official." He even flat-out said that even though the comics and novels had a returned Palpatine, none of it actually happened. :lol As far as I know, he was pretty clear about his personal insistence that Palpatine died, and that Vader ended the Sith. The EU was probably nothing more to him than money-making extensions of the brand in order to keep Lucasfilm going.

Yes even he saw the EU as potential "suggestions" that he might implement into the films (Aayla Secura) or discard and/or contradict completely. I do remember him chuckling during an 1997 MTV interview that "the comics brought back Boba Fett but he's actually dead, I killed him."

I personally never cared for the EU stories of a post-ROTJ SW. And later knowing that George didn't regard them as legit "truth" either made it all the easier to dismiss those stories. I was fine with the Palpatine "Contingency" as it was being put forward, but having Palpatine survive Vader/Anakin's actions crosses the line for me. I wouldn't be surprised if George saw TROS in a private screening and refused to go to the premiere because of his disapproval of it. And I wouldn't blame him.

Lastly, I don't think Anakin speaking to Rey at the end counts for much of anything since she heard all kinds of voices too, like Mace and Ahsoka. Those aren't Skywalkers, and having Anakin just be one of many disembodied voices telling Rey to get up so that she can accomplish something that Anakin apparently didn't is nowhere near good enough for me. The story value in Anakin destroying the Sith, and specifically the guy who ruined his life and family, is way too strong for me to let Disney override it with their anointing of Rey. GL would have to come out and endorse it all for me to even begin considering it canon.

Okay so like many you pick an arbitrary starting and end point of your own personal canon and then dismiss anything that you don't think satisfyingly fits in that box, whether what you're dismissing is "official" or not. And then to further justify your dismissal you'll nitpick every conceivable thing (that you would have easily justified if it was in the OT) and bash it endlessly online. Hmm, maybe you can relate to all those TLJ haters after all... ;)

I kid, I kid...or do I? :monkey3

That's all right I go off on the stuff I don't like too even if I am surprised to see you treating TROS (ignoring what's openly stated on screen, the weird nitpicks that apparently only apply to TROS and no other film, etc.) in a manner that you took great issue with when the target was TLJ.

But there's nothing wrong with picking Episodes I-VI as your Holy Sextet and elevating "The Prophecy of the Chosen One" to a level that never existed or was even hinted at for the first 20 years of SW. George most certainly *wanted* you to elevate his story revisions higher than everything else by the time the PT was complete so at least your preferences are in alignment with his in that regard.

Personally, I don't give a crap about honoring the PT. If a *good* movie references them (like Maul in Solo or Mustafar in RO and TROS) then great. If a good movie rejects any PT elements, then no big. To me they'll always be a poorly made trilogy with some fun ideas and sequences that ultimately did way more damage to the overall narrative than good.

Luke will always be the core hero of SW and Rey is simply an extension of him. He was the one who equipped her to face Palpatine, he gave her the ship to fly there, and his was the most prominent voice among the Jedi encouraging her. For 20+ years Anakin was a cautionary tale of what Luke could become should he fail (like Gollum in LOTR) and was lucky to simply be redeemed to the point of getting a Force ghost. He played his part for good in the end by saving Luke and changing the Skywalker legacy back to one of heroism instead of evil. That legacy had a domino effect of destroying the Sith and all followers with knowledge of how to resurrect the Sith, once and for all.

Again, that's my take, and I don't see it changing any more than I expect you to change yours, but I think it is worth noting that the ST, particularly TROS, honors the themes, journeys, and quality of the OT ("the story of a boy, a girl, and a galaxy") MUCH better than the PT ever did. Old George loves the PT and hates the ST but I think that young George would have felt the opposite. :)

Last edited:
Okay so like many you pick an arbitrary starting and end point of your own personal canon and then dismiss anything that you don't think satisfyingly fits in that box, whether what you're dismissing is "official" or not. And then to further justify your dismissal you'll nitpick every conceivable thing (that you would have easily justified if it was in the OT) and bash it endlessly online. Hmm, maybe you can relate to all those TLJ haters after all... ;)

So much to address here. First of all, as it pertains to how I "nitpick every conceivable thing" about TROS, you have no idea how much I've left out in these discussions. :lol I know that you think I'm using a double standard when it comes to TROS vs. TLJ, but you only think that because it's hard for you to accept that there's a major difference to me between the "nitpicks" I bring up about TROS vs. the ones that tons of YouTube vids raise about TLJ.

As far as what I pick as my canon, it's basically this: If it's in a George Lucas live-action "episode" movie, it counts. And if it's in someone else's movie, it has to do two things. 1.) It has to be well-written and enjoyable for me to watch, and 2.) It can't contradict or erase key aspects of GL's movies. As far as novels, comics, and shows, I consider them canon until they get contradicted by a movie that counts. But the "canon" of those is a lower step (less important) than movie canon for me; and I say that even though some of my favorite SW stories of all time come from the recent novels and shows.

I kid, I kid...or do I? :monkey3

I don't think you're kidding, and that's fine.

That's all right I go off on the stuff I don't like too even if I am surprised to see you treating TROS (ignoring what's openly stated on screen, the weird nitpicks that apparently only apply to TROS and no other film, etc.) in a manner that you took great issue with when the target was TLJ.

If it were up to me, you and I would go back and forth right down the list of "nitpicks" for both movies. I think that sort of thing would lead you to understand the different level of infractions perpetrated in the TROS narrative. I would justify/correct most of the TLJ nitpicks because I genuinely don't think that the answers to those are straining credibility. Many of the ones repeated most often for TLJ (bombs dropping in space, hyperspace ramming, military tactics, etc.) are ones that to this day I don't perceive as problematic. They make sense to me (even if they don't make sense to others). I've given my logic for those things many times here. With TROS, though, there are tons of flaws that *no one* will be able to apply any credible logic for. And some of them are far more relevant to the main plot.

One of the key factors in this is that I never agreed with what many others perceived as "breaking Star Wars" elements in TLJ. Because I didn't get that sense, I could forgive things like Leia Poppins, and Rambo BB-8, and Rose sermons. But TROS really does break SW for me. It ruins Anakin's arc. It undoes the key takeaway from GL's films. Just as importantly, it obscures the role of the Skywalkers in a saga where they should be the central focus. It's much harder for me to forgive its flaws knowing that I'd be justifying a movie that takes a dump on the most valuable outcomes in GL's saga. The Anakin/Vader story matters too much to me. It's too central to what Lucas decided was the actual main story of the Skywalker Saga.

But there's nothing wrong with picking Episodes I-VI as your Holy Sextet and elevating "The Prophecy of the Chosen One" to a level that never existed or was even hinted at for the first 20 years of SW. George most certainly *wanted* you to elevate his story revisions higher than everything else by the time the PT was complete so at least your preferences are in alignment with his in that regard.

Personally, I don't give a crap about honoring the PT. If a *good* movie references them (like Maul in Solo or Mustafar in RO and TROS) then great. If a good movie rejects any PT elements, then no big. To me they'll always be a poorly made trilogy with some fun ideas and sequences that ultimately did way more damage to the overall narrative than good.

This is a very accurate assessment. The whole "Chosen One" thing is something that didn't seem to be hinted at until TPM, after 22 years of SW. But, this is George's sandbox. He gets to tell the story. The prequels only count for me because GL made them; it's not because I enjoy them (trust me!). His word is gospel when it comes to SW, and especially when it is delivered in live-action movies. If he says that Anakin being the "Chosen One" whose destiny it was to bring balance to the Force was the story he wanted to leave behind, then that's more than good enough for me. I respect his version of the story. It's that simple.

Luke will always be the core hero of SW and Rey is simply an extension of him. He was the one who equipped her to face Palpatine, he gave her the ship to fly there, and his was the most prominent voice among the Jedi encouraging her. For 20+ years Anakin was a cautionary tale of what Luke could become should he fail (like Gollum in LOTR) and was lucky to simply be redeemed to the point of getting a Force ghost. He played his part for good in the end by saving Luke and changing the Skywalker legacy back to one of heroism instead of evil. That legacy had a domino effect of destroying the Sith and all followers with knowledge of how to resurrect the Sith, once and for all.

You're ignoring the fact that Rey demonstrated a mastery of Force abilities before ever meeting Luke (or even Leia). And TROS explains that by saying that her powers and abilities come by way of being a Palpatine! If you want to say that she was chosen by the Force, or by the collective Jedi of the past, I can't dispute that. But if you want to suggest that she's an extension of the Skywalkers, I don't think there's very much foundation for that at all. She heard Kenobi's voice in TFA, read ancient Jedi texts, heard from others like Mace and Ahsoka, used the powers of her Palpatine lineage . . . very little Skywalker influence. And then she defeated the Sith, thus taking that legacy away from Anakin and Luke.

Again, that's my take, and I don't see it changing any more than I expect you to change yours, but I think it is worth noting that the ST, particularly TROS, honors the themes, journeys, and quality of the OT ("the story of a boy, a girl, and a galaxy") MUCH better than the PT ever did. Old George loves the PT and hates the ST but I think that young George would have felt the opposite. :)

I don't want your take on this to change. I'm not someone who needs others to be miserable about a SW movie just because I am. If TROS doesn't bother you, I think that's great. If you love it, then all the better. You're a great SW fan, and I wouldn't take any pleasure from making you enjoy TROS any less. I can criticize it knowing that none of what I post will change your view. All I ask from you is to try to perceive my issues with it for what they are, and not just dismiss my view as some hypocritical take without a well-reasoned foundation.

Yes, the ST does many things better than the PT. I greatly enjoy two of the three films. But I think TROS went too far in several instances. And it was just not a well-written movie, or well-paced, or even all that coherent. If not for my objections to how it broke GL's story, I'd still find it a bad movie (like the PT). Soooooooooo much nonsense. But you disagree, and that's fine. Neither one of us are universal arbiters of what makes a good movie.

?And TROS explains that by saying that her powers and abilities come by way of being a Palpatine!?

This is false the imbalance in the force was created by ren, snoke and palptaine and by luke shutting himself off which led to the force choosing a new chosen one and awaking in rey. It was the force itself seeking balance and she was its host. Her being a palptine only explains why the force chose her she was able to tap into it more quickly without training. I view her more as a conduit for the force which is why she started doing things in tfa and say i dont how i did that or to this effect. Those skills were honed by leia, in fact you saw more training of rey then anakin in that short montage.. If you think about it anakin didnt recieve much training in the films. It went from him being a super pilot at age 10 to obi wan telling him his lightsaber skills match that of master yoda in the stupid car chase at the Beginning of the film. Not much real training was shown on screen, most all of it was off screen or in clone wars cartoon and other stories, its just implied because he calls him master in the movies

And btw everyone who loved the last jedi will dislike tros, because JJ pretty much retconned that whole movie, nearly erased it from continuity. Only the force skyping and holdo move were kept but even that he **** on by saying 1 in million chance of working. Force ghost lukes dig about respecting a jedi weapon lol it was everywhere. He ****s all over tlj, the small faction of fans and large group of critics that liked tlj utterly hate it.

?And TROS explains that by saying that her powers and abilities come by way of being a Palpatine!?

And btw everyone who loved the last jedi will dislike tros, because JJ pretty much retconned that whole movie, nearly erased it from continuity. Only the force skyping and holdo move were kept but even that he **** on by saying 1 in million chance of working. Force ghost lukes dig about respecting a jedi weapon lol it was everywhere. He ****s all over tlj, the small faction of fans and large group of critics that liked tlj utterly hate it.

Unfortunately, this only added to the convoluted mess that we got as a whole (trilogy).

Each director taking a dump on each other's work and pissing off different groups of fans, in the process.

I enjoyed whole ST, despite its flaws. And actually pacing of TROS suited my taste more than TLJ.

So much to address here. First of all, as it pertains to how I "nitpick every conceivable thing" about TROS, you have no idea how much I've left out in these discussions. :lol I know that you think I'm using a double standard when it comes to TROS vs. TLJ, but you only think that because it's hard for you to accept that there's a major difference to me between the "nitpicks" I bring up about TROS vs. the ones that tons of YouTube vids raise about TLJ.

As far as what I pick as my canon, it's basically this: If it's in a George Lucas live-action "episode" movie, it counts. And if it's in someone else's movie, it has to do two things. 1.) It has to be well-written and enjoyable for me to watch, and 2.) It can't contradict or erase key aspects of GL's movies. As far as novels, comics, and shows, I consider them canon until they get contradicted by a movie that counts. But the "canon" of those is a lower step (less important) than movie canon for me; and I say that even though some of my favorite SW stories of all time come from the recent novels and shows.

Yes that's what I figured. I still consider that an arbitrary canon due to George changing his own mind and contradicting himself so often. I mean I guess right now you can say that your particular head canon will be static since he literally can't change the Saga any more but imagine if he hadn't sold the company and instead made the *exact* same ST films that we got. By your own admission Palpatine dying in ROTJ suddenly wouldn't matter so much.

That's why I don't give any person or company control over changing established canon that I *really* like. And maybe George making the exact same ST would have been your tipping point where you go "um yeah that whole live-action George thing never mind," lol. Or do you think you would have accepted seeing little Men in Black aliens driving Luke and Anakin's bodies around "like cars" as he said he wanted to do?

Otherwise your criteria of "do I like it" and "does it ruin what came before" is pretty much 100% my criteria except that I hold George himself to the same standard. So loser kid Boba as a Jango copycat? GTFO, lol. Rogue One? You're in. :)

I have said before though that it'll be hard to accept SW that has no elements that are direct from George's mind but we haven't crossed that bridge yet since obviously RO and Solo were filling in backstory that he himself came up with and the ST was largely culled from his own 2012 ST notes as well as original circa 1982 ST ideas. So everything so far has gotten a pass with regard to his involvement. I did go back and forth on the ST obviously and if I hated TROS then like you I would have just discarded the whole thing.

If it were up to me, you and I would go back and forth right down the list of "nitpicks" for both movies. I think that sort of thing would lead you to understand the different level of infractions perpetrated in the TROS narrative. I would justify/correct most of the TLJ nitpicks because I genuinely don't think that the answers to those are straining credibility. Many of the ones repeated most often for TLJ (bombs dropping in space, hyperspace ramming, military tactics, etc.) are ones that to this day I don't perceive as problematic. They make sense to me (even if they don't make sense to others). I've given my logic for those things many times here. With TROS, though, there are tons of flaws that *no one* will be able to apply any credible logic for. And some of them are far more relevant to the main plot.

See saying that doesn't make it so though. And once I scanned your list of TROS offenses and saw "Rey is able to pilot the water skimmer to the DSII" I thought good lord he's gone full Fandom Menace TLJ YouTuber. I mean if you can't see how that's no more outlandish than Princess Leia hopping onto an Imperial Speeder Bike, a vehicle she's never so much as sat on, and pilot it at 200 mph through a dense forest *better and faster than career military vehicle drivers* (she did overtake the scouts after all to allow Luke to jump onto the other speeder) compared to the many ways the Holdo maneuver breaks every past and future space battle without massive "out of movie" explanations then I can only assume that you're just blinded by your hatred of TROS not continuing the story the way you wanted it to. That's the only thing that can explain such massive double standards for me.

One of the key factors in this is that I never agreed with what many others perceived as "breaking Star Wars" elements in TLJ. Because I didn't get that sense, I could forgive things like Leia Poppins, and Rambo BB-8, and Rose sermons. But TROS really does break SW for me. It ruins Anakin's arc. It undoes the key takeaway from GL's films. Just as importantly, it obscures the role of the Skywalkers in a saga where they should be the central focus. It's much harder for me to forgive its flaws knowing that I'd be justifying a movie that takes a dump on the most valuable outcomes in GL's saga. The Anakin/Vader story matters too much to me. It's too central to what Lucas decided was the actual main story of the Skywalker Saga.

And I think that's the core of the matter right there and that it's really quite simple. In your mind Anakin alone had to kill Palpatine because of what George said in some DVD special features (since the PT itself never fully committed to or even explained the "Prophecy," hell Yoda and Mace weren't even sure if they even understood it) and therefore having the Emperor return and be destroyed by any other means is unforgivable. Okay fine. You have your dealbreakers and so do I. And if the sin of breaking head canon opens the "nitpick floodgates" well, eh, whatever. :)

By the way don't read too much into me saying that "you demand that the movies be such and such because of what George said in an interview" because I *do that all the time.* For decades I've been devouring those same interviews going back to early 80's American Cinematographer issues, morning show and late night television appearances, Star Wars Insider, you name it, to sift through all their original ideas and intentions in my quest to find "what could have been" the best possible continuation of the Saga after ESB.

And there are *definitely* flaws in TROS that I totally admit to chuckling about and then just letting go so it's not like I'm saying that it's a perfect movie or anything. An erratic opening act, unresolved plot points like Finn wanting to tell Rey something to the flip side where we have plot points that do get resolved that we never had a starting point for (Lando's daughter)! But I can easily forgive threads that are messy or incomplete with regard to Finn, Poe, Jannah, etc.

It's the Rey/Ben/Palps/Luke/Han/Leia stuff that are absolute grand slams for me and when you nail the main event with the main characters like that yeah it covers a multitude of sins just like who cares about ewoks when you've got Williams' score after Luke shouts "never!" :D

This is a very accurate assessment. The whole "Chosen One" thing is something that didn't seem to be hinted at until TPM, after 22 years of SW. But, this is George's sandbox. He gets to tell the story. The prequels only count for me because GL made them; it's not because I enjoy them (trust me!). His word is gospel when it comes to SW, and especially when it is delivered in live-action movies. If he says that Anakin being the "Chosen One" whose destiny it was to bring balance to the Force was the story he wanted to leave behind, then that's more than good enough for me. I respect his version of the story. It's that simple.

You're ignoring the fact that Rey demonstrated a mastery of Force abilities before ever meeting Luke (or even Leia). And TROS explains that by saying that her powers and abilities come by way of being a Palpatine! If you want to say that she was chosen by the Force, or by the collective Jedi of the past, I can't dispute that. But if you want to suggest that she's an extension of the Skywalkers, I don't think there's very much foundation for that at all. She heard Kenobi's voice in TFA, read ancient Jedi texts, heard from others like Mace and Ahsoka, used the powers of her Palpatine lineage . . . very little Skywalker influence. And then she defeated the Sith, thus taking that legacy away from Anakin and Luke.

See to me that's like saying that Vader didn't defeat Palpatine in ROTJ it was actually his mechanical arms that get the credit since those were the things that physically interacted with the Emperor as he was thrown over the side. It's like um you know the arms were useless without the guy they were attached to right? ;)

You just cannot say with any accuracy that "Rey defeated Palpatine" as if she wasn't simply a vessel that channeled the full might of every single Jedi (who were present and directly involved in the fight) who ever lived. I get being put off by Anakin *not* getting full credit since it was a group effort but there's no way anyone can say that Rey gets the sole credit. Sure she gets credit for showing up and being brave (as Luke did before her) but it absolutely was not her power that won the day in the slightest. Nor was it her power that even allowed her to survive the day.

I don't want your take on this to change. I'm not someone who needs others to be miserable about a SW movie just because I am. If TROS doesn't bother you, I think that's great. If you love it, then all the better. You're a great SW fan, and I wouldn't take any pleasure from making you enjoy TROS any less. I can criticize it knowing that none of what I post will change your view. All I ask from you is to try to perceive my issues with it for what they are, and not just dismiss my view as some hypocritical take without a well-reasoned foundation.

I do respect your opinion even if it's one I disagree with. I do find that your review for this particular film is uncharacteristically nitpicky in parts as well as inaccurate in how you have described certain aspects of the story but that's just my take on your take, lol. ;) Like you said I'm not the final word on any of this any more than the next guy. :duff

If I didn't respect your commentary (with or without perceived nitpicks or inaccuracies) I wouldn't be responding at all. :D

Last edited:
Tros is better movie than the prequels nobody can argue otherwise. The only reason the prequels have better RT scores is because they were released during the late 90s early 2000s before the woke culture really took off. Had they been released today they would have been obliterated by critics and fans alike.

Tros is better movie than the prequels nobody can argue otherwise.

I can, and do. TPM was my least favourite SW film... until Solo and TROS.

Now if you wanna talk the rest of the ST, that’s different (though I reckon ROTS is up there with those too).

I’ve only seen TROS once but will at least give it a second and third chance. Even if I don’t approve of Rey being a Palpatine, maybe I can at least accept it (like I did with midichoorians!)

ba936owzzr011.png

Last edited:
Rots is the best prequel movie but anakins decent into darkness was not handled properly nor was it believable (he went from saving obi wan to killing kids off screen in a mater of minutes with no self reflection). It didnt even show him hunting the jedi or fighting any jedi in the temple, nor him struggling with his decision. He shed one tear after he killed windu (“what have i done”) and that was it. He was ready to be darth vader. Bens arc was was handled so much better than anakins imo.

Fair points, but you have to remember Anakin was reluctantly doing Palps’ bidding in a misguided attempt to save Padme. He didn’t exactly enjoy killing the younglings. And he remained conflicted even after his transformation.

Fair points, but you have to remember Anakin was reluctantly doing Palps’ bidding in a misguided attempt to save Padme. He didn’t exactly enjoy killing the younglings. And he remained conflicted even after his transformation.

Ah yes force healing!! His grandson achieved what he couldnt sadly he had the power within him the whole time but the jedi rules prevented him from taping into it and palps played on that. Its obvious palps was lying to anakin during that opera scene, the sith only care about themselves they would never do what ben did to save another person, the sith version of eternal life is hijacking their apprentices body. When palpatine says he is all the sith one could infer that he has been stealing his apprentices bodys for a long time in order to achieve immortality. Which also explains why he wanted both luke and rey to kill him in anger (in order to complete the spirit transfer)

If i remember correctly he even bated anakin to kill him when anakin discovered he was a sith. He says i can feel your anger, you want to kill me and then anakin de-ignites his saber and says he is going to tell the jedi council. Once anakin got ****ed up in his fight with obi wan he was no longer a suitable host for palps.

Latest Terrio comments: Rey being a nobody was “too easy” and the link to Palps was “always part of J.J.’s plan”:

"Well, we weren't convinced that it had been cleared up, because there's still this highly troubling vision that Rey had in Episode VII, which is the shop with her parents leaving the planet," Terrio explained. "Also, the events of The Last Jedi are literally just after the events of Episode VII—within 48 hours, Rey has had a force-back to her parents and then the very next day is told 'your parents were no one and they were junk traders. None of that matters.' And we thought in a way that would be too easy because of the idea that Rey had been longing for her parents for so many years. We just felt like there was something more going on...

“I don’t know that I’m supposed to get into the specifics of what story points were already in place, but what I can say is that J.J. always had an idea in his head of where he wanted us to emotionally leave the trilogy, and I think he wanted Rey to have to contend with the very worst things about herself that we could imagine,” he said. “When Rey was wondering what her place in all this was — and she articulated that in ‘Episode 8’ — but she wondered it in ‘Episode 7,’ too. J.J. always felt that she should get the worst possible news," he shared.

Yes that's what I figured. I still consider that an arbitrary canon due to George changing his own mind and contradicting himself so often. I mean I guess right now you can say that your particular head canon will be static since he literally can't change the Saga any more but imagine if he hadn't sold the company and instead made the *exact* same ST films that we got. By your own admission Palpatine dying in ROTJ suddenly wouldn't matter so much.

That's why I don't give any person or company control over changing established canon that I *really* like. And maybe George making the exact same ST would have been your tipping point where you go "um yeah that whole live-action George thing never mind," lol. Or do you think you would have accepted seeing little Men in Black aliens driving Luke and Anakin's bodies around "like cars" as he said he wanted to do?

Otherwise your criteria of "do I like it" and "does it ruin what came before" is pretty much 100% my criteria except that I hold George himself to the same standard. So loser kid Boba as a Jango copycat? GTFO, lol. Rogue One? You're in. :)

I have said before though that it'll be hard to accept SW that has no elements that are direct from George's mind but we haven't crossed that bridge yet since obviously RO and Solo were filling in backstory that he himself came up with and the ST was largely culled from his own 2012 ST notes as well as original circa 1982 ST ideas. So everything so far has gotten a pass with regard to his involvement. I did go back and forth on the ST obviously and if I hated TROS then like you I would have just discarded the whole thing.

You make a very valid point here that I can't refute. If GL himself brought Palps back, I'd have to accept it. I might still dislike the choice, and the film in general (as I do the PT movies), but I'd consider it canon. Lucas gets to make the rules, and I'd have to respect whichever direction he'd take the Skywalker Saga. Doesn't mean I'd be happy about it, but it's his world and I just get to watch it play out. In a way, it's a bit like real life: just because outcomes aren't what I'd always prefer doesn't make them any less real.

You're also right that I would absolutely HATE the microbiotic direction GL has alluded to. If it meant that it would turn Luke and Anakin (and everyone else) into mere vessels/puppets who were simply acting out some microbiotic "will of the Force" . . . I would've been deeply disappointed. But I wouldn't be able to deny that it would "count" as official for me. Again, it would just be like my reaction to things I disapprove of in the PT (Jango/Boba, whiny Anakin, Jar Jar, etc.), but even more disappointing.

See saying that doesn't make it so though. And once I scanned your list of TROS offenses and saw "Rey is able to pilot the water skimmer to the DSII" I thought good lord he's gone full Fandom Menace TLJ YouTuber. I mean if you can't see how that's no more outlandish than Princess Leia hopping onto an Imperial Speeder Bike, a vehicle she's never so much as sat on, and pilot it at 200 mph through a dense forest *better and faster than career military vehicle drivers* (she did overtake the scouts after all to allow Luke to jump onto the other speeder) compared to the many ways the Holdo maneuver breaks every past and future space battle without massive "out of movie" explanations then I can only assume that you're just blinded by your hatred of TROS not continuing the story the way you wanted it to. That's the only thing that can explain such massive double standards for me.

My point with Rey piloting the sea skimmer wasn't to isolate that instance specifically, but to put it in context of all of the other interrelated plot conveniences. I'll gladly stipulate that it is indeed comparable to Leia (and even a ****ing Ewok!) riding a speeder bike. On its own, it's not an objection worth raising. But I listed it among several similar plot conveniences to illustrate how absolutely riddled TROS is with those. Then I followed sometime later with an even longer list of nonsensical plot progressions. They vary from inconsequential to downright laughably reckless writing. If you take any one of them and isolate it, then there's no huge problem. But with TROS, it's the *sheer volume* of these instances of convenience and nonsense that becomes staggering.

It's a little like a house of cards (or a Jenga column). If you remove one piece here, and one piece there, you can do so and still have a viable structure. But the more pieces you need to pull apart, eventually the whole thing collapses. That was TROS for me. Too many instances of lazy conveniences, contrivances, and downright insultingly stupid elements. Each objection that may not matter on its own certainly matters in the totality of problems. The movie falls under its own weight.

When you cite the Holdo manuever to point out how you think I'm being inconsistent, you're projecting your own objection of it onto me. Don't do that. :lol I don't see it the same way as you do. The Holdo thing to me does not fall outside the bounds of plausibility. Even real-world physics/astrophysics makes it entirely plausible that a vessel the size of the Raddus could bisect the section of Snoke's Supremacy if contact happens at a speed similar to lightspeed (or faster). It also lines up perfectly with my interpretation of SW hyperspace being a series of accessible "wormhole lanes" that collapse spacetime in what is essentially another dimension.

The problem with it only exists because people ask, "why didn't anyone in the SW universe do that before?" Well, I have plenty of logic reasons why. And when I consider the technical factors that I just mentioned, everything combines into a perfectly believable example of a rare set of circumstances aligning to turn an unlikely tactical option in virtually any other scenario into a successful one in this case.

For you, it's a bothersome plot device that "broke" SW. For me, it's a creative expansion of a theoretical fantasy concept. For you, the fact that it wasn't done before means that it shouldn't be done at all. For me, the fact that it wasn't done before means that it would've been impractical in other scenarios. People talk about "blowing up Death Stars" with it. That's absurd. Do you know how precise the trajectory would have to be to cut through the relatively tiny core reactor? And how gigantic the ship would have to be to get through that much density (or shields too)? Bottom line: a problem for you . . . isn't one for me. But not because I'm conveniently dismissing it; I genuinely have no problem with it conceptually (though I can't stand the collateral damage to the other star destroyers - that was really dumb).

And I think that's the core of the matter right there and that it's really quite simple. In your mind Anakin alone had to kill Palpatine because of what George said in some DVD special features (since the PT itself never fully committed to or even explained the "Prophecy," hell Yoda and Mace weren't even sure if they even understood it) and therefore having the Emperor return and be destroyed by any other means is unforgivable. Okay fine. You have your dealbreakers and so do I. And if the sin of breaking head canon opens the "nitpick floodgates" well, eh, whatever. :)

By the way don't read too much into me saying that "you demand that the movies be such and such because of what George said in an interview" because I *do that all the time.* For decades I've been devouring those same interviews going back to early 80's American Cinematographer issues, morning show and late night television appearances, Star Wars Insider, you name it, to sift through all their original ideas and intentions in my quest to find "what could have been" the best possible continuation of the Saga after ESB.

And there are *definitely* flaws in TROS that I totally admit to chuckling about and then just letting go so it's not like I'm saying that it's a perfect movie or anything. An erratic opening act, unresolved plot points like Finn wanting to tell Rey something to the flip side where we have plot points that do get resolved that we never had a starting point for (Lando's daughter)! But I can easily forgive threads that are messy or incomplete with regard to Finn, Poe, Jannah, etc.

It's the Rey/Ben/Palps/Luke/Han/Leia stuff that are absolute grand slams for me and when you nail the main event with the main characters like that yeah it covers a multitude of sins just like who cares about ewoks when you've got Williams' score after Luke shouts "never!" :D

Again, it's not the individual flaws and problems with TROS, but the severity of a couple objections (the whole Palpatine/Anakin/Rey dynamic) and the mind-blowing volume of problems I kept running into. Obviously, this is purely subjective, so I'll move on.

See to me that's like saying that Vader didn't defeat Palpatine in ROTJ it was actually his mechanical arms that get the credit since those were the things that physically interacted with the Emperor as he was thrown over the side. It's like um you know the arms were useless without the guy they were attached to right? ;)

You just cannot say with any accuracy that "Rey defeated Palpatine" as if she wasn't simply a vessel that channeled the full might of every single Jedi (who were present and directly involved in the fight) who ever lived. I get being put off by Anakin *not* getting full credit since it was a group effort but there's no way anyone can say that Rey gets the sole credit. Sure she gets credit for showing up and being brave (as Luke did before her) but it absolutely was not her power that won the day in the slightest. Nor was it her power that even allowed her to survive the day.

So glad you included this! You state that Rey "channeled the full might of every single Jedi" when she beat Palpatine. And you use that to counter my suggestion that she beat Palpatine by herself. You're similarly not even allowing for an alternate interpretation. :lol To me, Rey connected with the voices of past Jedi, and no differently than what she was trying to do at the beginning of the film. No differently than what Yoda did in the PT era (that's how he communed with Qui-Gon). It doesn't mean that she got an infusion of Jedi spirits into her. :lol They encouraged her; that's it! The way I see it, all she did was cross two lightsabers and let Palps stupidly kill himself.

What is it you think the Jedi were doing for her? She just stood there. Do you think they were channeling their collective energy into her lightsaber? And since that one lightsaber wasn't enough, their collective energy required her to cross a *second* Jedi-infused lightsaber!? That's ridiculous to me. I'm sorry, but it's just not something I can interpret the same way. Communing with voices is established canon. That's all Rey did. Killing Sheev was all her. I just don't see it the way you do. But you think that makes my view "wrong." And that's what the root of our disconnect is, IMO.

I do respect your opinion even if it's one I disagree with. I do find that your review for this particular film is uncharacteristically nitpicky in parts as well as inaccurate in how you have described certain aspects of the story but that's just my take on your take, lol. ;) Like you said I'm not the final word on any of this any more than the next guy. :duff

I've been trying to be as accurate as possible when describing TROS plot beats. I regret that you see it differently. And again, the "nitpicky" has more to do with sheer volume. It was/is astounding just how many nonsensical occurrences stood out to me. I can't remember anything like it. No matter what, you liked it and I'm happy for you. I hated it, but don't need anyone else to. My criticisms will die down substantially in the near future. I'd rather post about SW things I actually enjoy.

If I didn't respect your commentary (with or without perceived nitpicks or inaccuracies) I wouldn't be responding at all. :D

That feeling is certainly mutual! I have a ton of respect for your intelligent and insightful opinion on all this stuff. I enjoy reading your take, and am grateful for the opportunity for having these discussions. Nothing wrong with differing points of view. :duff

So glad you included this! You state that Rey "channeled the full might of every single Jedi" when she beat Palpatine. And you use that to counter my suggestion that she beat Palpatine by herself. You're similarly not even allowing for an alternate interpretation. :lol

I don't allow for another interpretation because Palps was quite clear in his dialogue that he was going to channel the power of all the deceased Sith before him. Then when his body was restored he demonstrated by zapping the entire Rebel armada. This was obviously a whole new Palps (channeling past Sith) doing something that he certainly couldn't have done in ROTJ. Therefore the Jedi responded in kind and even stated as much with Luke telling Rey that all the Jedi would be in her and her saying as much with her final line to Palps.

To me, Rey connected with the voices of past Jedi, and no differently than what she was trying to do at the beginning of the film. No differently than what Yoda did in the PT era (that's how he communed with Qui-Gon). It doesn't mean that she got an infusion of Jedi spirits into her. :lol They encouraged her; that's it! The way I see it, all she did was cross two lightsabers and let Palps stupidly kill himself.

He didn't kill himself. Lightsabers don't "reflect" Force lightning as established by AOTC Kenobi and Dooku and ROTS Mace and Sidious. The sabers absorb the attacks. Only Yoda has ever been able to redirect Force lightning and he never used a saber to do it. That's not what they are for. Rey used Leia's saber to try and absorb Palpatine's attack and was failing so she grabbed Luke's saber and held on long enough for all the Jedi working through her to redirect the energy back into Palpatine.

It couldn't have been her own power because Palpatine had just sucked it out of her moments before. She was running on empty and only had the strength (with the encouragement of the Jedi) to stand and lift her arms, then they did the rest. Even when she was at full power she couldn't even defeat Kylo Ren during any of their prior encounters in TROS so if she was weaker than Ben then of course she was weaker than Palps.

Also the fact that after he was drained Ben still had enough left "in the tank" to climb and bring Rey back to life really does show that he was significantly more skilled in channeling the Force without the help of others. Further proof that she alone was no match for Palps let alone Super Zombie Palps.

As it stands I really found his death to be quite poetic. He conducted the most disturbing attack witnessed in the PT (against Mace Windu) and then was so gleeful in ROTJ when he tortured Luke. So for him to get such a taste of his own medicine, not just getting electrocuted until he's sent out a window like Mace but literally screaming in agony as the flesh was burned off his body before his remains exploded into atoms, it was gloriously violent and appropriately satisfying. Especially with Mace, Anakin, Qui Gon, Kit Fisto, and all the rest getting to take part in the final act of justice.

What is it you think the Jedi were doing for her? She just stood there. Do you think they were channeling their collective energy into her lightsaber? And since that one lightsaber wasn't enough, their collective energy required her to cross a *second* Jedi-infused lightsaber!?

No, see above. The sabers just allowed Rey to stand her ground until the collective Jedi counter-attack. Remember sabers are very good at absorbing lightning even when coming from Palpatine himself. But this was such a new level of power that she needed two. Of course she was stuck at that point and assumedly would have eventually been overcome herself without the assistance of the Jedi pushing it back to Palpatine.

I think that was all pretty well established on film and will leave it at that but...if you want to see it differently I won't say you're wrong going forward. Yes, just a different interpretation. Though personally I don't know why anyone would deliberately choose an interpretation that only makes you hate the film especially if you have to ignore the film's dialogue and visuals (or at least greatly recontextualize them) to do it. But maybe assuming the worst about a scene is the easiest road when you'd prefer to just wash your hands of the whole thing.

I mean even just thinking back to TLJ and prior scenes of TROS. In TLJ Kylo tells Rey that the mere *effort* of trying to Force Project (not even succeeding) would kill her. Does that sound like a girl (one who would die even trying an advanced skill) who can destroy the greatest Dark Side power the universe has ever known by herself? Or look at literally every other encounter she had with Ben earlier in TROS. He defeated her handily every time. So could *he* have also defeated Palpatine by himself? Of course not. I just think you have to ignore too much in this film and all prior films for your notion to work.

But again, my opinion vs. yours and I think we can both agree that with those respective takes it's probably easier for you to see why I so enjoyed the finale just as I feel I have a firm handle on why you felt the opposite. Just out of curiosity if you were somehow convinced that my explanation of the showdown between Rey and Palpatine was correct how much would it change your opinion of the film? I know that you've already said that even if you liked the story you'd still see it as a "bad" movie like the prequels but how much would Anakin and all the past Jedi killing Palps change your overall response to the story and even ST itself? Just curious.

That feeling is certainly mutual! I have a ton of respect for your intelligent and insightful opinion on all this stuff. I enjoy reading your take, and am grateful for the opportunity for having these discussions. Nothing wrong with differing points of view. :duff

So very true. :duff

Hopefully we'll see eye to eye on an upcoming show or movie. I must say that even though I feel quite satisfied with live-action SW and would be forever content if the whole thing was laid to rest I'm finding myself very intrigued about the new Kenobi and Cassian shows and this highly rumored "High Republic" trilogy starring Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connolly, and possibly overseen by Feige, Favreau, and Filoni with the Russos directing?!? :panic: :thud:

:D

Last edited:
I mean even just thinking back to TLJ and prior scenes of TROS. In TLJ Kylo tells Rey that the mere *effort* of trying to Force Project (not even succeeding) would kill her. Does that sound like a girl (one who would die even trying an advanced skill) who can destroy the greatest Dark Side power the universe has ever known by herself?

Just highlighting this section because it shows how differing interpretations of one thing can lead to wildly different takes on larger things later. I'll say again, I think Kylo's line had nothing to do with Rey's personal mastery, or lack thereof, being what would kill her. I believe it was an establishing bit of foreshadowing that Force projection - in and of itself - would kill the user. As it ended up killing even the great and powerful Master Luke!

But again, my opinion vs. yours and I think we can both agree that with those respective takes it's probably easier for you to see why I so enjoyed the finale just as I feel I have a firm handle on why you felt the opposite.

Definitely!

Just out of curiosity if you were somehow convinced that my explanation of the showdown between Rey and Palpatine was correct how much would it change your opinion of the film? I know that you've already said that even if you liked the story you'd still see it as a "bad" movie like the prequels but how much would Anakin and all the past Jedi killing Palps change your overall response to the story and even ST itself? Just curious.

If I could fully embrace your explanation that it was the collective Jedi *literally* channeling their energy through Rey and the sabers to defeat Palpatine, it would go a long way for me in terms of accepting the whole film. And I'll tell you what, you made as good a case for it as I think is humanly possible. :duff I'll wait until this friggin' mess of a movie is on Disney+ and then watch that last battle with your interpretation in mind. But it will be a steep uphill climb. My problem with your interpretation is two-fold:

1.) I can't reconcile why the Jedi would need a vessel like either Rey or her lightsabers to take action in the same trilogy that had ghost Luke holding a lightsaber and lifting an X-Wing, and ghost Yoda summoning lightning. It just doesn't make sense. If the intent was to have the Jedi combining forces (no pun intended), I can't understand how or why it would manifest through Rey and her lightsabers.

Not only would it be far more impactful to have Hamill, Christensen, Jackson, McGregor, and Yoda using their powers on screen in the final movie of the saga, but it would've conveyed the collective effort in a much better way. I think the filmmakers would've jumped at the chance to do that if their intent was to have the past Jedi literally helping Rey. So I don't think it *was* their intent. I think what happened at the end was a bookend to the beginning: Rey finally hearing the voices and getting the *encouragement* she needed. Figurative strength; not literal.

and

2.) Your assertion that Rey was portrayed as being incapable of such a feat doesn't connect with me. That's how she *should've* been portrayed, but instead she was shown levitating herself and a bunch of rocks simultaneously while also focusing on hearing Jedi voices. Then she was leaping over a TIE Fighter and destroying it. Then she shot FORCE LIGHTNING without even trying, FFS! And then she started using freaking HEALING powers out of nowhere!!

The fact that she defeated Palpatine was just another notch they put on her belt, and not a stretch considering all that she was able to do prior. Getting bested by Kylo (finally) doesn't track with the rest. It just comes across as yet another attempt to throw a bone to fans who had been complaining about that. It's pure commercialism because it doesn't align with the rest of how she's portrayed in the same film.

Plus, why couldn't Ben be a part of that Sheev takedown? Why just Rey, with Ben at the bottom of a pit being ignored by the Jedi (including his mother, uncle, and grandfather :slap)?

Like I said, a *steep* hill to climb for me. But I credit you for your well-thought-out interpretation. I can't say that you're wrong, and I have a much better sense now for how you can justify your interpretation. It was a great read, and I thank you for posting it!

Hopefully we'll see eye to eye on an upcoming show or movie. I must say that even though I feel quite satisfied with live-action SW and would be forever content if the whole thing was laid to rest I'm finding myself very intrigued about the new Kenobi and Cassian shows and this highly rumored "High Republic" trilogy starring Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connolly, and possibly overseen by Feige, Favreau, and Filoni with the Russos directing?!? :panic: :thud:

:D

The Kenobi series had been what I was pinning all of my hopes on. Deborah Chow directed my two favorite episodes of Mando (by far!), and McGregor's Obi-Wan was a highlight of the PT for me. But then Jason Ward said yesterday that they're gonna be bringing Jar Jar into the show. :thud: Disney hates me, Khev. They seem to love you, though. :lol

Just highlighting this section because it shows how differing interpretations of one thing can lead to wildly different takes on larger things later. I'll say again, I think Kylo's line had nothing to do with Rey's personal mastery, or lack thereof, being what would kill her. I believe it was an establishing bit of foreshadowing that Force projection - in and of itself - would kill the user. As it ended up killing even the great and powerful Master Luke!

Definitely!

If I could fully embrace your explanation that it was the collective Jedi *literally* channeling their energy through Rey and the sabers to defeat Palpatine, it would go a long way for me in terms of accepting the whole film. And I'll tell you what, you made as good a case for it as I think is humanly possible. :duff I'll wait until this friggin' mess of a movie is on Disney+ and then watch that last battle with your interpretation in mind. But it will be a steep uphill climb. My problem with your interpretation is two-fold:

1.) I can't reconcile why the Jedi would need a vessel like either Rey or her lightsabers to take action in the same trilogy that had ghost Luke holding a lightsaber and lifting an X-Wing, and ghost Yoda summoning lightning. It just doesn't make sense. If the intent was to have the Jedi combining forces (no pun intended), I can't understand how or why it would manifest through Rey and her lightsabers.

Not only would it be far more impactful to have Hamill, Christensen, Jackson, McGregor, and Yoda using their powers on screen in the final movie of the saga, but it would've conveyed the collective effort in a much better way. I think the filmmakers would've jumped at the chance to do that if their intent was to have the past Jedi literally helping Rey. So I don't think it *was* their intent. I think what happened at the end was a bookend to the beginning: Rey finally hearing the voices and getting the *encouragement* she needed. Figurative strength; not literal.

and

2.) Your assertion that Rey was portrayed as being incapable of such a feat doesn't connect with me. That's how she *should've* been portrayed, but instead she was shown levitating herself and a bunch of rocks simultaneously while also focusing on hearing Jedi voices. Then she was leaping over a TIE Fighter and destroying it. Then she shot FORCE LIGHTNING without even trying, FFS! And then she started using freaking HEALING powers out of nowhere!!

The fact that she defeated Palpatine was just another notch they put on her belt, and not a stretch considering all that she was able to do prior. Getting bested by Kylo (finally) doesn't track with the rest. It just comes across as yet another attempt to throw a bone to fans who had been complaining about that. It's pure commercialism because it doesn't align with the rest of how she's portrayed in the same film.

Plus, why couldn't Ben be a part of that Sheev takedown? Why just Rey, with Ben at the bottom of a pit being ignored by the Jedi (including his mother, uncle, and grandfather :slap)?

Like I said, a *steep* hill to climb for me. But I credit you for your well-thought-out interpretation. I can't say that you're wrong, and I have a much better sense now for how you can justify your interpretation. It was a great read, and I thank you for posting it!

Well thank you and I'm gonna totally try and end on this high note by saying good point about TLJ and TROS establishing that ghost Yoda and ghost Luke can do impressive things without the need of a "human vessel." Sure I can come up with my own theory on why it would have been necessary against Palpatine but it would be just that, a theory, and not one where I can say "well these scenes from the actual movie say...." so yes it definitely wasn't fully explained.

Here tell me what you think of how the scene was originally going to be as described in this video. Now I don't know if this guy is talking out of his ass or has real sources but what he describes (Hayden Christensen with middle-aged makeup and longer Fabio hair--why are all Jedi ghosts hippies in TROS, lol) definitely sounds like the film might have been building up to that. To give you a quick summary of what the video describes they originally had the ghost of *just Anakin* kneeling over Rey's drained body, gently placing his hand on her while glowing white orbs of light leave his spirit and enter hers. She rises and other Jedi are shown placing their hands on her back, giving her more power.

I'm guessing that scene was cut for one of two reasons:

1. The possible "less is more" approach that JJ/LFL might have decided on as indicated by the YouTuber
2. The fact that it might have come across as repetitive to show Anakin placing his hand on Rey and giving her strength and then Ben Solo doing a similar thing a few scenes later.

But it would have certainly given an unmistakable visual for what you and others wanted to see. Since I believe the film still did a well enough job of implying that something to that effect *did* happen I'm good (obviously.)

I do not disagree with you that it would have been just as cool (maybe cooler, not sure) to have Ben and Rey countering Palpatine's attack together. I'm not married to the notion of it having to be just her. However...I absolutely loved the Romeo and Juliet ending between the two and would not have wanted to lose that. It really was endearing and poignant for me to see her die and him choosing to take her place. Yes they could have just had the two of them facing Palps and then only her keeling over dead with Ben standing right next to her and then he heals her just the same. Maybe more people would have liked that but it's hard to say for me because I *really* really like how it did play out.

The Kenobi series had been what I was pinning all of my hopes on. Deborah Chow directed my two favorite episodes of Mando (by far!), and McGregor's Obi-Wan was a highlight of the PT for me. But then Jason Ward said yesterday that they're gonna be bringing Jar Jar into the show. :thud: Disney hates me, Khev. They seem to love you, though. :lol

If they truly love me then they'll find a way to officially retcon Daniel Logan as Boba and give his adult self an "RO Vader" moment to end on a high note with, lol. But yes I'm very excited to see what Chow does with a full season under her control and see if she can maintain the quality of her awesome two Mando episodes. :rock

Last edited:
Here tell me what you think of how the scene was originally going to be as described in this video. Now I don't know if this guy is talking out of his ass or has real sources but what he describes (Hayden Christensen with middle-aged makeup and longer Fabio hair--why are all Jedi ghosts hippies in TROS, lol) definitely sounds like the film might have been building up to that. To give you a quick summary of what the video describes they originally had the ghost of *just Anakin* kneeling over Rey's drained body, gently placing his hand on her while glowing white orbs of light leave his spirit and enter hers. She rises and other Jedi are shown placing their hands on her back, giving her more power.

Mike Zeroh is a notoriously unreliable YouTube "leak" source. He has become a joke. :lol I wouldn't believe anything from him.

But no matter what deleted scenes may or may not exist, if Palpatine was going to have survived, then any way that Hayden could've been used to even partially salvage Anakin's legacy and purpose in the larger story would've been something I would've greatly appreciated. I'm obviously not a huge fan of Christensen, but Anakin's involvement was sorely needed to bring the larger saga story together, IMO. I'd rather he and Luke helped Rey defeat Palpatine in a more hands-on way, as opposed to empowering her with energy. But any way that Anakin Skywalker could've been utilized at the end to play a role in directly ending Sheev and the Sith once and for all would've been better (for me, anyway).

But it didn't happen. When I try to think of why not, I keep coming back to some kind of desire to really elevate Rey as much as possible. Nothing else makes much sense to me.

If they truly love me then they'll find a way to officially retcon Daniel Logan as Boba and give his adult self an "RO Vader" moment to end on a high note with, lol.

:lol So many ways it can be done. Just do a flashback scene on one of these shows (set prior to ANH) where the guy who ended up being OT Boba beats the Logan Boba and takes his armor back from a mere pretender Mandalorian.

Heck, go one step further and say that Logan Boba then crafted similar armor (but couldn't find the same gauntlets :lol), and that was him dying in ROTJ rather than the true Boba Fett. Those red gauntlets in ROTJ were GL's fail-safe the whole time. :lol

Back