DiD Steve Jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Steve Jobs

:lol nothing says tribute like an overpriced figure paying tribute to his overpriced products! Heaplay beat them to the punch months ago though.

Actually it's not old news, as this is the first colour picture to be released.

my bad. Does this signify some sort of progress towards an actual figure then?

:lol nothing says tribute like an overpriced figure paying tribute to his overpriced products! Heaplay beat them to the punch months ago though.

DiD's pricing has always been very reasonable - near Hot Toys quality for a fraction of a Hot Toys price tag. And the HP sculpt is crap :)

Never got the Steve Jobs love at all....I think its more to do with the fact that we now live in an era devoid of amazing inventors and inspiring men.

Never got the Steve Jobs love at all....I think its more to do with the fact that we now live in an era devoid of amazing inventors and inspiring men.

Same here... until I got an iPad only recently. I was resistant tbh, but after seeing them in some classrooms my gf decided she was going to go and get one, mainly for our kids, with her tax refund. After using it for 10 minutes, I kid you not, I was hooked. I felt cheap. I felt like a Jobs whore. Seduced into the cult of Steve by a soft finger slide over a glossy screen.

I think there are more inventors and inspiring men around today as there ever have been, it's just that so much of this endeavor tends nowadays to be corporatised, where the individual is often subsumed by the company.

Love him, hate him or just indifferent to him, there's no doubt Jobs has left an indelible impression on our society. Personally I'd like to see the same recognition in 1/6 plastic afforded to people like Hawking, Spielberg and Ali. Surely DiD has done enough Nazis to last a lifetime... If this figure is priced in line with other DiD figures, I'll probably pick him up - he'll come with a stack of accessories no doubt. But I'll feel a little bit dirty doing it :lol

To me Steve Jobs did great things with the iPhone and iPad. That might have something to do with the fact the previous phone I had was from 1997 and I only had some '90s touchscreen devices which used styluses.. stylusses.. styli.. bigger than the iPad itself.

That DiD sculpt looks much better than the HeadPlay one. Maybe I should buy it for my project instead of using the HP version.

As a technology geek since the '80s, I always admired people like Steve Jobs and the people that worked with him.

I am making a custom 1/6 scale iZombie using the HeadPlay Steve Jobs sculpt.

Why not a series of 1:6 figures based on tech/web innovators?

Such as . . .

1:6 Bill Gates with a 1:6 box of the Windows OS

1:6 Jeff Bezos with a 1:6 Kindle

:lol

Why not a series of 1:6 figures based on tech/web innovators?

Such as . . .

1:6 Bill Gates with a 1:6 box of the Windows OS

1:6 Jeff Bezos with a 1:6 Kindle

:lol

Jobs made a lot out of being a media tart, and good luck for him for it... but I do admire the unassuming way Gates goes about his business.

405654_300098786694213_134684699902290_826349_2079621125_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.300097096694382.67689.134684699902290&type=1

wow, while i would never want a jobs figure, i have to say, i thought this would be jobs for real and not just a figure. great job! :clap

Hey is this company part of DID?The reason i ask is cause the head sculpt looks alot like the one from DID as well as the clothing.Also even their logo at the bottom resembles the DID logo.:dunno

It looks like they're creating a distinct line within the company, like HT do with their DX, MIS and MMS lines.

Back