DiD Steve Jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Steve Jobs

I hear ya, but at the same time if that company can see it fit to churn out nazi after nazi, then a Steve Jobs figure is ok by me. Not sure how interested I would be in it personally, but I'd much prefer a shelf full of historical figures who achieved some great things than Hitler, Goebbels etc.

This is true.

However, a Steve Jobs figure wouldn't look nearly as cool getting its ass kicked by Indiana Jones or Captain America.

DiD will release the full set soon.
6b237e04gw1dlx93pp22aj.jpg

There are a couple of others out there. This one was posted last summer at OSW, but there was no info about who was making it. I saw one on eBay, but failed to note the seller. It came with everything pictured, and was expensive as hell. Thus my failure to take notes.

05.jpg

This next one is in the works from KG Hobby. It's on their Facebook page as "coming soon," but not on their website yet. Headsculpt looks similar but a little better. Hard to tell. Maybe they bought the first one. But I like him smiling.

kghobbyjobs.jpg

DiD's photo being B&W makes it hard to see, but their painting of late has been real, real good.

If I see further news I'll post it here. I am on the lookout for a good headsculpt and those glasses. I've had a 1:6 iPad for several weeks now, bought on eBay. I got the HP head, thinking maybe an eye repaint would bring it closer, but it's just the wrong shape - too triangular (wide across the forehead).

I'd guess a Jobs figure will appeal to those of us who have an Einstein. Non-military historical figures are a small niche, but I like 'em. I'd love a Jackie Robinson or a Ghandi too. Lots of the people featured in the "Think Different" campaign way back when would look great on my shelves.

I'd guess a Jobs figure will appeal to those of us who have an Einstein. Non-military historical figures are a small niche, but I like 'em. I'd love a Jackie Robinson or a Ghandi too. Lots of the people featured in the "Think Different" campaign way back when would look great on my shelves.

Yeh I avoided the $160+ figure also, but not just because of the price. At the time the figure didn't interest me simply because Jobs was still alive and his historical significance didn't really resonate with me, morbid as this may sound. I'm coming around to the idea of a Steve Jobs figure tbh.

317022_2421181738173_1510321337_2589796_955996330_n.jpg

I think it looks spot on.......

Are they all waiting for the iPhone 4S?

Yeh I avoided the $160+ figure also, but not just because of the price. At the time the figure didn't interest me simply because Jobs was still alive and his historical significance didn't really resonate with me, morbid as this may sound. I'm coming around to the idea of a Steve Jobs figure tbh.

Are they all waiting for the iPhone 4S?

They are waiting to die of starvation. :(

They are waiting to die of starvation. :(

This is an area of Jobs' legacy that falls short of all the adulation given his other achievements IMO - his axing of Apple's philanthropic program. Where Bill Gates is possibly going to find a cure for maleria, Jobs leaves behind no such legacy. Of course he was under no obligation whatsoever to do anything with his company's wealth other than invest in its own growth and development. But he'd have more of my admiration and respect had he followed in the tradition of other great and wealthy people by giving something to society other than his technological innovations. I'd like to think that if I had billions of dollars, I'd be more Gates than Jobs.

This is an area of Jobs' legacy that falls short of all the adulation given his other achievements IMO - his axing of Apple's philanthropic program. Where Bill Gates is possibly going to find a cure for maleria, Jobs leaves behind no such legacy. Of course he was under no obligation whatsoever to do anything with his company's wealth other than invest in its own growth and development. But he'd have more of my admiration and respect had he followed in the tradition of other great and wealthy people by giving something to society other than his technological innovations. I'd like to think that if I had billions of dollars, I'd be more Gates than Jobs.

Fully agree with you. :goodpost::exactly: :lecture:peace

Pure speculation here, from an admitted fanboy as well, but just because Jobs didn't publicly announce any time of philanthropic program doesn't mean he wasn't charitable...he was notoriously private and secretive. From a business perspective it's beneficial to make donations to charities for tax incentives. I would think that someone of his stature and wealth would have been charitable. He was a totally different person than Gates, BG seems more flashy, just look at the difference in the houses they own. Just my stupid opinion though :monkey1

I think Blitzway's next figure should be Steve Jobs.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Pure speculation here, from an admitted fanboy as well, but just because Jobs didn't publicly announce any time of philanthropic program doesn't mean he wasn't charitable...he was notoriously private and secretive. From a business perspective it's beneficial to make donations to charities for tax incentives. I would think that someone of his stature and wealth would have been charitable. He was a totally different person than Gates, BG seems more flashy, just look at the difference in the houses they own. Just my stupid opinion though :monkey1

Yeh, you could well be right - though publicly, it's not a great message to be sending, that one of the biggest companies on the planet couldn't be arsed giving a dime towards any cause anywhere.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Jobs as well, however I've never heard of anyone or any charity talking about him in any kind of a charitable way. Like you said, who knows. The man was definitely somewhat of a recluse, but there is no way that some of his good deeds wouldn't have leaked out. Oh well, I admire him for his intellect, business savy and just like Sinatra said.... He did it his way! RIP you will be missed Mr Jobs

Yeh, you could well be right - though publicly, it's not a great message to be sending, that one of the biggest companies on the planet couldn't be arsed giving a dime towards any cause anywhere.

Yeah, I'm a HUGE fan of Jobs as well, however I've never heard of anyone or any charity talking about him in any kind of a charitable way. Like you said, who knows. The man was definitely somewhat of a recluse, but there is no way that some of his good deeds wouldn't have leaked out. Oh well, I admire him for his intellect, business savy and just like Sinatra said.... He did it his way! RIP you will be missed Mr Jobs

The official autobiography is coming out this month, which could shed some light on the subject. Both of you make very valid points too, it'll be interesting to see.

I'll be picking up a copy when it comes out. He was pretty private so it'll be interesting to see what kind of light it shows him in. Hopefully it paints a better picture than I heard the Walter Payton book did.

Bump for old news :yess:

...seriously though, any word on this speculated figure?

Back