• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Did I just get scammed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing I don't get is ..... think about how much effort this buyer has gone to in order to scam....
It would be one thing if he was trying to get a whole statue but all this effort for a hand?

Its stupid that because u can't prove u shipped it they just take his word for it. He can't prove it either... stupid. Good luck with it all

if he already has the statue but somehow broke his own hand, then he is going through all this effort for a statue.

The thing I don't get is ..... think about how much effort this buyer has gone to in order to scam....
It would be one thing if he was trying to get a whole statue but all this effort for a hand?

This is why I quit selling on ebay, when 10% of my sales became "item didn't arrive, item is broken" stuff it got quite ridiculous, luckily I photographed everything and won each issue, but the toll it takes on your mind is one not worth the time.

Not to mention the scumscammer has your info, addy n such.

Sorry to hear this happened to you oblast. Maybe give out his handle so people can put him on block.

ebay is at the moment designed from a buyerS point, if the buyer is a scumbag & a scam artist the seller is screwed.....................PERIOD.

Not to mention the scumscammer has your info, addy n such.

Sorry to hear this happened to you oblast. Maybe give out his handle so people can put him on block.

Sorry to hear this.
I would definitely put his ebay id up for others to keep caution.

why dont u try ask sideshow for a hand explaining the issue , maybe they can help. its a far shout, but miracles happen

This has happened to me. I sold a figure which the guy obviously only wanted for parts and wrote back saying that the leg was broken.

I don't sell anymore to anyone I don't know.

ebay is at the moment designed from a buyerS point, if the buyer is a scumbag & a scam artist the seller is screwed.....................PERIOD.

Spot on. It sucks that I had to learn the hard way but yea everything I read now says eBay is geared 100% towards the buyer, the seller always gets the shaft.

Here is the listing so everyone can see his name. Those are also all my original pix taken on march 31st with both hands.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/God-of-War...74?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item3cd0506532

RIP left hand lol

why dont u try ask sideshow for a hand explaining the issue , maybe they can help. its a far shout, but miracles happen

Tried this and they said they have no more Kratos parts, at least they replied to me.

Anyone know if its possible to sell a statue with a missing piece? Is it worth anything?

Same thing happened to me.
Long story short I Got back my MMSBatman with a broken leg. Ebay "told" paypal to front the refund to the buyer.
My account went negative because I had already used the money on another figure but no money was ever pulled from my actual account. So I fought it and got paypal to zap my PayPal balance back to zero. eBay would message my eBay account after that asking for the money back. I ignored them... my account was closed. And the rest is history.
They will side with the buyers in this case, as well as anyother case. Eff eBay.

Also, when I spoke to Paypal on the phone the guy on the phone did say, "You should appeal." When I told him I did try and they said no, I think then is when he zapped my balance to zero. He said "That isn't right." so there are some personal decisions being made there. goodluck

Spot on. It sucks that I had to learn the hard way but yea everything I read now says eBay is geared 100% towards the buyer, the seller always gets the shaft.

Here is the listing so everyone can see his name. Those are also all my original pix taken on march 31st with both hands.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/God-of-War...74?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item3cd0506532

RIP left hand lol

I'm not seeing the buyer's name on that page. Can you post it here or PM me his user ID? I want to block that **** from ever bidding on my auctions.

Don't know if it's too late, but I'd continue to appeal the case. Sometimes they will side with you, I've gotten lucky before when a seller tried to scam me.

One thing to check is his previous purchases and feedback he's left for others. Sometimes you can find a pattern and create a case against him.

In my case the guy claimed an iPod I sent him was not working, although he requested 1 day shipping and waited 30 days to inform me of the issue. I knew it worked, so I did some digging and found he'd bought a number of the same kind of iPod (working and non) and had left negative feedback for another guy stating the iPod didn't work. My suspicion is like yours that he was buying working items asking for a refund and then sending a lower priced broken one back to the seller.

I was able to provide enough evidence that I was likely being scammed that eBay sided with me. I got to keep the money, but was unable to remove the negative feedback.

People say they take pics and video themselves packing the box but whats to say you didnt turn off the camera and empty the box out?? Do you film yourself taking the box to the post office too without any edits??

People say they take pics and video themselves packing the box but whats to say you didnt turn off the camera and empty the box out?? Do you film yourself taking the box to the post office too without any edits??

:exactly: i was thinking this myself. Who's to say that you filmed yourself from the moment you packaged it to the moment you took it to get shipped without any out takes and it still arrived damaged...how can you prove that it was done in transit or that the recipient had not accidently broke a piece of the statue by accident when unpackaging? Its possible?

These type of scams are not uncommon and have being going on for years on eBay, its just that people are more vocal about their experiences and thank god, as they raise awareness to other sellers who are possible targets for these kind of scams.

Another scam which is increasingly popular is the one where a guy has for example a Wolverine PF. Now his Wolverine PF has a left hand which got damaged whilst on display, one of the claws snapped off by accident. The guy feels gutted, its one of his favourite statues. He doesnt want to repair it cos being OCD he knows that the damage is their and it will really bug him.

So what does he do? He looks on ebay to find another Wolverine PF for sale...he buys it knowing that all he has to do is to swap over the good claw hand from the one he just purchased with his original damaged one. He will then message the seller and explain that one of the claws had arrived damaged and that he wants a full refund. Ebay will favour in his side and voila! He now has a new arm and the seller is left to pick up the pieces! I hate eBay!! :mad:

Sorry, Oblast. I noticed the new listing is "No returns or exchanges". I assume the original listing wasn't?

I have now list all my auctions as no returns/as is, even if everything is mint, as in your case. It may keep away potential buyers but I just don't want to deal with this crap. Just hope the 100% feedback score and high number of transactions give buyers confidence. Using actual pictures instead of stock pics like you did help. I also try to time/date stamp a picture but putting the item next to my tablet with the Yahoo front page or some sporting event so they know it is recent.

Wow, that sucks. I guess you can weigh your options. Keep the money and just ditch the ebay account or return the money and keep your ebay account.

Back