DID Ernesto Che Guevara (1928-1967)!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif

Bah! when is the last time you took a Beck or Able Atlantic cab in Toronto? :lol. All i ever got coming home from bars on Queen West were Muslim drivers complaining about how much Canada sucks, and the funny part was..the drivers face never matched his ID photo behind the driver seat.

Bah! when is the last time you took a Beck or Able Atlantic cab in Toronto? :lol. All i ever got coming home from bars on Queen West were Muslim drivers complaining about how much Canada sucks, and the funny part was..the drivers face never matched his ID photo behind the driver seat.

Defend the comment all you want, it's still racist. :dunno:lol

I would like to think of it as a visual stereotype, racist would be more like talking down about one or more races.

Ok...sooo, who is actually getting this figure? and i am guessing the price is going to be around $90?.

I would like to think of it as a visual stereotype, racist would be more like talking down about one or more races.

Despite the fact that some Arabs ride camels, calling them camel jockeys, or calling those wearing Shemaghs towelheads is racist. Calling them cabbies here is no less different and equally racially degrading.

I'm surprised you go bar-hopping at Queen St. West...:horror...poseurs, 905ers and hipsters, yes but you....never expected that. Still, that's racist...:sick

Man, so many of you are taking this way out of line. Che isn't the most cruelest sickest person DiD has put out. I may get this figure, and do I care what some of you think. Uhhhh, that is a no. It's just a toy, now grow up!

And it sounds like you have every right to be, but this is a forum about collectibles, and as such Kuzeh had every right to start this thread. I was more concerned with your attack on him, and how he should be 'ashamed' to have started this thread.
I, like many here lost family in WWII, but I wouldn't say someone should be ashamed for starting a thread in which a small plastic depiction of Adolf Hitler was posted. Things need to be kept in perspective, Make your views clear which you have, but DO NOT INSULT OTHER BOARD MEMBERS.
Please!

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "insult". I did not call the original poster an idiot, dumbass, moron, etc. I said that he should be ashamed to post a thread about a figurine that glorifies such a monster from history. Likewise, I would have said the same thing about a thread about 1/6 figures based on the 911 terrorists (and please don't tell me they are not the same because they are). It is my opinion that he should be ashamed to have started the thread. That is not an insult it is what I believe. If you don't like my beliefs you are entitled to your opinion but my beliefs are not an insult. However, you on the other hand, with your condescending attitude and stating in capital letters that I should not insult other board members, are in fact, insulting me.

Also, I have just answered your private message where you tell me that I will receive an infraction if I don't retract or edit my initial post. I will do no such thing. I did not insult anyone and I simply stated my opinion. I find it unbelievable that you are using the same tactics of censorship and retaliation via "infraction" that the Castro regime and its subordinates like Che used. I am a Cuban American. My family was ripped apart by the communinst scum. My mother did not see her sister for over 15 years. My best friends' parents were murdered by a firing squad by Castro/Che. And you talk about a "pop cultural icon"? Yes, in my opinion, based on my life experiences, the original poster should be ashamed to give any acknowledgement to a figure of such a monster. It is my opinion he should be ashamed for not understanding the significance and horrible impact that such monsters have had on so many families and to gibbly post about the figure. Again, not an insult.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstand the meaning of "insult". I did not call the original poster an idiot, dumbass, moron, etc. I said that he should be ashamed to post a thread about a figurine that glorifies such a monster from history. Likewise, I would have said the same thing about a thread about 1/6 figures based on the 911 terrorists (and please don't tell me they are not the same because they are). It is my opinion that he should be ashamed to have started the thread. That is not an insult it is what I believe. If you don't like my beliefs you are entitled to your opinion but my beliefs are not an insult. However, you on the other hand, with your condescending attitude and stating in capital letters that I should not insult other board members, are in fact, insulting me.

I disagree. It's just a toy on a historical figure. Kuzeh has every right. It's just a toy and this is just a toy forum. You would be surprised how many of us are educated on the man, but just because we buy his figure doesn't mean we support the views and/or opinions of the person. I would like to one day own a Nazi figure, not because of what they did, but because I am fascinated by the history, and I found their uniforms aesthetically interesting. Heck, the swastika was originally a sign of peace, and still is til this day. The Nazis used it and reversed it forever tainting the symbol.

I don't see anything Kuzeh did was wrong. SideShow has produced murderers from year's past and people posted those pictures to little to no hostility from board members. You're saying Billy the Kid and Vlad the Impaler were good guys? C'mon!

Don't be finger pointing at people and lecturing them for such frivolous and tiny spec reasons. You're getting way too emotionally caught up in something that isn't that big of a deal. There is much more things that demand our attentions than some guy posting a certain figure on a SideShow Freaks forum.

If you get more pics Kuzeh, post away. Post away.

I'm surprised you go bar-hopping at Queen St. West...:horror...poseurs, 905ers and hipsters, yes but you....never expected that. Still, that's racist...:sick

I swear, i did not mean it that way!! lol!..I am a white cracker honkey..there, all better now?.And i went to Velvet Underground,Bovine,Zen Lounge,Vatikan,Savage Garden and Sanctuary, i was going to the Goth bars most of the time but, never went to Fetish nights, not my thing at all.I honestly can't think of any "hipsters" bars on Queen West..maybe the Phoenix is more like that, i hated that place and Club 107.

I am a Cuban American. My family was ripped apart by the communinst scum. My mother did not see her sister for over 15 years. My best friends' parents were murdered by a firing squad by Castro/Che. And you talk about a "pop cultural icon"? Yes, in my opinion, based on my life experiences, the original poster should be ashamed to give any acknowledgement to a figure of such a monster. It is my opinion he should be ashamed for not understanding the significance and horrible impact that such monsters have had on so many families and to gibbly post about the figure. Again, not an insult.

It's things like this that aren't taken into consideration by others in this thread, and then simply disregarded with shallow, insensitive, bulls**t excuses like "He's a pop-icon," or "Dude, STFU, it's only a goddam toy!" It's shameful. :(

Before anyone gets angry, let me just preface this with the fact that my knowledge of history, while probably better than most, is still woefully inadequate in many areas, but...

What is the real difference between making a figure of Che Guevara (or Castro for that matter) and making a figure of General George Washington? Both are revolutionary leaders, no? Both killed the enemy, right?

Please enlighten me, and by asking the question I'm certainly not saying they're the same, by any means - I just want to know. Is it just a matter of perspective?

What's really sad is when people take things and make it so damn personal. Like they were the ones that suffered at the hands of these people. I understand these people's views, but when they put down or give someone crap for doing nothing bad in my eyes but post pictures of a historical figure, it makes one scratch their head and wonder, "some people have to stir the pot" it seems just to make themselves seem that much more important. What's the point? You don't win any extra brownie points. :dunno

Another war criminal in 1/6th scale lol!.

bbi-21262-bush-navy-pilot_11.jpg

If you are so pissed off with it, take it up with DID, no need to be a care bear in here about it.

Also, I have just answered your private message where you tell me that I will receive an infraction if I don't retract or edit my initial post. I will do no such thing. I did not insult anyone and I simply stated my opinion. I find it unbelievable that you are using the same tactics of censorship and retaliation via "infraction" that the Castro regime and its subordinates like Che used. I am a Cuban American. My family was ripped apart by the communinst scum. My mother did not see her sister for over 15 years. My best friends' parents were murdered by a firing squad by Castro/Che. And you talk about a "pop cultural icon"? Yes, in my opinion, based on my life experiences, the original poster should be ashamed to give any acknowledgement to a figure of such a monster. It is my opinion he should be ashamed for not understanding the significance and horrible impact that such monsters have had on so many families and to gibbly post about the figure. Again, not an insult.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong, not about your views on Guevara himself, you can feel how you like about him, and he is a 'questionable' character without a doubt. But you implied that merely by posting the links thar Kuzeh did, he is somehow guilty of condining and supporting Guevara's politics.
He posted pictures of a doll to let people know it existed, nothing more!
He has EVERY RIGHT TO DO THAT!

It's things like this that aren't taken into consideration by others in this thread, and then simply disregarded with shallow, insensitive, bulls**t excuses like "He's a pop-icon," or "Dude, STFU, it's only a goddam toy!" It's shameful. :(

Without telling you to STFU, I'll say this much. Dude, it's ONLY a toy and believe when I say you're not the only person who's educated on the guy, and this isn't the last time a figure like Che gets produced. Many historical figures from years past have been produced in toy form, so why is this any different? There have been figures produced of people who have done far worse. You won't stop those who want this figure in their collection from ordering it, so I don't understand the hostility and anger. I think it's rather wasted on a toy forum. There are much larger things to get upset about. This is not one of those times or places where someone should vent.

I still don't see anything horrible that Kuzeh has done here. If it wasn't him posting those pictures, it would have been someone else.

If anything we can rag on Kuzeh's taste of music. ;)

I'm sorry, but you are wrong, not about your views on Guevara himself, you can feel how you like about him, and he is a 'questionable' character without a doubt. But you implied that merely by posting the links thar Kuzeh did, he is somehow guilty of condining and supporting Guevara's politics.
He posted pictures of a doll to let people know it existed, nothing more!
He has EVERY RIGHT TO DO THAT!

Darn tootin' he does. :lecture

Wookster is wise. No, he just gets it. Not that there is much to get. It's as simply breaking it down as it's a military figure that he neither produced or thought of, he simply just presented it to this forum, which is *gasp* a military figure forum!

This figure has obviously stirred up too much controversy to keep this particular thread open. Posting a pic of a figure doesn't inherently mean any support of the man or what he represents (maybe some people just want to pose Che getting his ass handed to him by Snake Eyes) but that's obviously a conversation for another day, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back