DID Chicago Gangster Robert Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it last week

Coat blue shirt and pants are all great and totally useful for a godfather 2 bash but his vest color is totally wrong the pocket watxh and revolver are great.

The hat and heads are a joke, hat is ridiculously too big and the heads are terrible. Juvenile sculpt with bad likenesses and really aweful paint jobs on both heads. Real let down even for DID.

If you have the superior Kai head skip the set and just get the coat, blue shirt, ring revolver watch and maybe the pants.

Thats a pity. I hope the paint isn't a sign of things to come because I'd put their Heinz Guderian sculpt up against anything HT has done, both paint and likeness. Seems it's hit or miss?

As far as accuracy, I dunno, I don't see these as "movie figures". They're unlicensed Mob figures inspired from movies to me. Anyone looking for 100% should invest their money elsewhere I'd think. And the likeness isn't horrifically far off judging by this picture:

And, were they maybe going for something close to this look?

Would love to see the headsculpt too please, yeah the non moustache I was going to not even touch, the likeness isn't there on that one to me. I love how people sorry not just you man, say something then turn around and change their minds, I'm glad you were able to fix it, and make it to your tastes.

Believe me though if I didn't have the right eye for this stuff or the technical capability to change the paint on the sculpt my original opinion would have still stood as I posted it! My thoughts on the rest of the set is still the same.

I still feel the Kai head has a better likeness but this one has more realism in regards to paint. Even after the mods Id still say the head is passable, decent or okay. Not a home run. But in all fairness I've not seen one DID head that was.

Now, all that being said... Years ago I remeber being blown away by kojuns limited godfather figures. The head looked unbelievable to me and the haru suit was out of this world. Today, both look quite bad compared to this, inaccurate clothes and all.

I saw one of those figures sell for 2 grand recently. This costs 140 bucks. We've come a long way and have been spoiled over the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Thats a pity. I hope the paint isn't a sign of things to come because I'd put their Heinz Guderian sculpt up against anything HT has done, both paint and likeness. Seems it's hit or miss?

As far as accuracy, I dunno, I don't see these as "movie figures". They're unlicensed Mob figures inspired from movies to me. Anyone looking for 100% should invest their money elsewhere I'd think. And the likeness isn't horrifically far off judging by this picture:

And, were they maybe going for something close to this look?

I consider myself a near expert in de niros godfather outfits as I've scrutinized over it for years in constantly refreshing my custom. I'll say that without a shadow of a doubt there is good stuff in this set nesisary to build a good young Vito but you need a few other elements to bring it to screen accuracy level.

The coat and especially the blue shirt alone are hugely exciting as they are both well executed totally screen accurate and there's nothing close to that blue shirt anywhere that's for sure.nthe shoes and watch are totally passable too.

What's not right are the pants though they look good in cut and style, they should be gray, I'll see if I can get them that way. And most notably the vest. Again very close in shape and cut but drastically different than on screen because it is supposed to be black pinstriped. If you have the Johnny depp gangster you can use his vest. The v cut does not come high up enough but it's a lot closer to accuracy than the brown. I have an alternative vest from a suit that has been dried up for years it's still not perfect in the width of the pinstripes, but better than the Johnny vest.

The ties are also unusable too, there's nothing close to the style of the ties he wore so I resorted to making my own that look almost identical to the above picture with the silver tie.

As for the unhatted head he's got nothing from the set that's frrom his outfit other than the massively oversized and utterly terrible hat and the truely amazing revolver. He wore gray worker slacks and a brown waist high coat in that scene. The outfit was supposed to look like a poor immigrant which he was in that scene.

He upgraded his threads to something more daper once he became the godfather all except that blue shirt. He loved that damn shirt lol it's the only shirt he ever wore in the movie lol.

Suit looks similar to what he wore when he went back to Italy to kill Don Fanucci, not sure if that was his name... Well the Don that killed his family.
bc645eb03cff35b7b5c3cb3ab9460a2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe me though if I didn't have the right eye for this stuff or the technical capability to change the paint on the sculpt my original opinion would have still stood as I posted it! My thoughts on the rest of the set is still the same.

I still feel the Kai head has a better likeness but this one has more realism in regards to paint. Even after the mods Id still say the head is passable, decent or okay. Not a home run. But in all fairness I've not seen one DID head that was.

Now, all that being said... Years ago I remeber being blown away by kojuns limited godfather figures. The head looked unbelievable to me and the haru suit was out of this world. Today, both look quite bad compared to this, inaccurate clothes and all.

I saw one of those figures sell for 2 grand recently. This costs 140 bucks. We've come a long way and have been spoiled over the last 5 or 6 years or so.

I don't know man, I'm not a huge enough Godfather fan to scrutinize over the outfit I love the movies don't get me wrong, but inaccuracys don't bother me at all, I'm more of a does the sculpt look like the actor, or passable I bought the old Medicom Spiderman 3 Peter Parker for example, (but then sold him later down the line when he couldn't stand close to my HT sculpts), but yeah I think this is passable in that aspect compared to the ebay pictures I've seen.

Here he is after my mods. My own tie. the vest from a century toys suit back from a hundred years ago, unmoddeed shirt and coat. color removed and redyed pants from this set. lengthened neck post. repainted moustsache, eyes, eyebrows and hair. and yes, i'm quite pleased!

Bravo Ray, Bravo! Incredible job and love to see it has potential. Def will be modding when I get him. Wonder why the non stash sculpt looks so different

Here he is after my mods. My own tie. the vest from a century toys suit back from a hundred years ago, unmoddeed shirt and coat. color removed and redyed pants from this set. lengthened neck post. repainted moustsache, eyes, eyebrows and hair. and yes, i'm quite pleased!

Dude what did you do to the headsculpt? Earlier I thought you said it wasn't a homerun? it looks Good man I'd buy it off you if ya didn't want it just the sculpt that is :wink1: you can keep the clothes. I don't have the skill or am just to scared to try and wouldn't want to mess it up. Are they super minor changes? Cause I may now want to pre order this.

Bravo Ray, Bravo! Incredible job and love to see it has potential. Def will be modding when I get him. Wonder why the non stash sculpt looks so different

Thanks bud! I appreciate it, I wondered that too since you'd think it was the same sculpt but without the stache. After trying to repaint it last night I realized that not only is it not the same sculpt I'm almost a hundred percent certian that the heads were actually sculpted by two different people.

Thanks bud! I appreciate it, I wondered that too since you'd think it was the same sculpt but without the stache. After trying to repaint it last night I realized that not only is it not the same sculpt I'm almost a hundred percent certian that the heads were actually sculpted by two different people.
P.m.sent, Ray!

Dude what did you do to the headsculpt? Earlier I thought you said it wasn't a homerun? it looks Good man I'd buy it off you if ya didn't want it just the sculpt that is :wink1: you can keep the clothes. I don't have the skill or am just to scared to try and wouldn't want to mess it up. Are they super minor changes? Cause I may now want to pre order this.

Thanks man, yeah out of the box like I said last night I was pretty disappointed. But I felt there was a chance that I could extract more likeness out of there with better paint tweaks. Things like eyebrows can totally make or break a sculpt so those were repainted along with his moustache and the weird transparent hair line... His eyes were also repainted and more structure added to his cheeks. The dullcoat also helped kill the cheap toy like look from out of the box. It wasn't the simplest mods in the world but worth it in the end, I'm such a big godfather fan I don't mind having two Vito's whatseoever so I'll be hanging onto this one.

I'd offer to paint some heads like this but as a rule to myself really I don't take any kind of commissions whatsoever. Im an art director for a billion dollar fashion company and my spare time is so valuable and rare that I just do this stuff to Get it up to my standards and to both save money and because good painters are really rare on these boards, I had so many unpainted heads stacking up that I had no choice but to teach myself how to paint! I'm so meticulous though, that if I broke down hourly what I spend on these guys if it were a real job I'd be making more at McDonald's :D

Thanks man, yeah out of the box like I said last night I was pretty disappointed. But I felt there was a chance that I could extract more likeness out of there with better paint tweaks. Things like eyebrows can totally make or break a sculpt so those were repainted along with his moustache and the weird transparent hair line... His eyes were also repainted and more structure added to his cheeks. The dullcoat also helped kill the cheap toy like look from out of the box. It wasn't the simplest mods in the world but worth it in the end, I'm such a big godfather fan I don't mind having two Vito's whatseoever so I'll be hanging onto this one.

I'd offer to paint some heads like this but as a rule to myself really I don't take any kind of commissions whatsoever. Im an art director for a billion dollar fashion company and my spare time is so valuable and rare that I just do this stuff to Get it up to my standards and to both save money and because good painters are really rare on these boards, I had so many unpainted heads stacking up that I had no choice but to teach myself how to paint! I'm so meticulous though, that if I broke down hourly what I spend on these guys if it were a real job I'd be making more at McDonald's :D

Its ok man, commissions can go crazy on this board, I was kinda just humoring the idea, I don't know when I'll be picking up this figure so its not like I could just send you the headsculpt if you even considered the thought of it, I got like 4 figure payments coming in Dec. alone so yeah I would have to wait till Jan. to pic this guy up, and then I don't think you would even want to do it considering how much of your time is taken from your job, but thanks for making me jealous and wishing thats what I was getting out of the box :lol

that is definitely extracting every ounce of potential out of the sculpt, the tie is genius too. You still need to make mine you've been saying you would for the last 4 years... haha

I forgot to mention that another thing I like about the set is the knife. While you don't get s good look at it in the film i immidiately equated it to the knife he used to gut don ciccio with. It's also real metal. While not scene accurate to the outfits provided both "don murdrring" devices are a nice touch.

The whole dog head came thing is just really random and weird though lol.

I can see why Raymond Ferraro modded the moustache - looks the wrong shape. But I'll need to see some more pics of him before I decide to buy...

I am really buying him for the likeness as the suit isn't something that'll distinguish him all that much.

I can see why Raymond Ferraro modded the moustache - looks the wrong shape. But I'll need to see some more pics of him before I decide to buy...

I am really buying him for the likeness as the suit isn't something that'll distinguish him all that much.

Exactly me too but those last pics posted really made it look super dark, so maybe that's why Raymond took some of the paint off, but his eye mods are out of this world!

Back