Did anyone get the NECA Remake mask from TRU?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went yesterday to look for this and a couple of other things but they were sold out....going back this weekend for another look.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I got one today from my local TRU. If anyone wants to call before driving out, ask if they have this item number in stock: 367438

That's what I did and they were even able to tell me how many they had.

I pick up 3 of these babies its the same exact mask as the $150, just with out the box im gonna try and customize the other 2 and make them look like other jason movie masks

I dunno how I missed this thread... Found a TON of these babies at TRU today. Much better deal than the Shadowbox thing. Decent mask for $20, if you ask me.

Well here is the finished paint up...just waiting on straps to finish it completely. But I am really happy with the outcome.

DSCN5578.jpg

DSCN5579.jpg

DSCN5580.jpg

DSCN5581.jpg

DSCN5582.jpg

DSCN5583.jpg

DSCN5584.jpg

Sucks.. all the Toys R Us stores in S.F. closed down. :(

I checked their online store and the S&H is AS MUCH as the F'n mask! lmao.

Really cool piece for the price.. and DA that repaint is superb! Are the replacement straps different in color and quality!?
S'plain.. like P!tu would say. :lol

Thanks guys, and yes... the straps that were on it were very dainty and craptacular. They couldn't be adjusted and they barely fit my big ass noggin. The straps that Frightstuff sells are more accurate to the films and can be weathered to look like the Remake with a little work. They fit much better too. :lecture

Hey DA...what did you use to scratch up the red marks on the mask? I tried doing it myself, but it just brought out the lighter resin under the paintjob and looked awkward.

Well, I didn't scratch it at all. I just drew it on with a pen, drawing the scratches that I wanted... and painted them on with the red. That way it looks scratched without having to damage all of the work prior to that. Just make them random and oddly shaped, match them with damage already on the mask. Works great!

And to show my work a bit, here is a comparison shot with a stock mask I will paint soon for a friend and my own work...

DSCN5586.jpg

DSCN5591.jpg

DSCN5592.jpg

Thanks guys! I am already itching to do even more... I think I found another thing to do that I absolutely LOVE. And it is much easier to do than repaints. :lol

Once I completely weed out repaints in a few months, I can focus more on full figures and hocks. :rock

Dam I wish I could get one of these bad boy's for the money they look great!

Great paint job DA.

Back