D'Hoffryn shipping?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to dig out my DST Book of Vengeance boxed set and check out how he was dressed in it, and maybe do a little costume revamping. If one of the accessories is the wedding gift, why didn't they put him in the robes he wore to the wedding? Seems to me his rig was a lot more colorful. I like him, he just needs some "flair" in his robes!:D

Mine is in Canada held for duties. Will pick up at the depot
Saturday. I had emailed them to hold to ship with Subject 5
but I guess they did not see the email.
Darn!

I was watching "Selfless"yesterday and i came to the conclusion,i dont like D'hoffryn's robe.
In the episode the robe went to the floor and it looked like velvet.
this figures robe is too short and looks like a sack.
Even the vengence boxset D'hoffryn had a lon robe lol.

But im not getting the figure,i got Der kinderstod as he is a cool one shot character,D'hoffryn is not.

Any way enough moaning,Can we see pictures to see if the final product matches the episode more.

Look at the quality of his robe;
https://www.fangedfour.com/movingon/images/18b00800.jpg

And I bet he's got some very nice Demon underpants on under there as well (whereas SS evidently felt like 1/6 scale D'Hoffryn should be "out there and lovin' it"!) :lol

I was surprised that the D' man wasn't on display at SDCC. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was hoping that seeing him in person that I might change my mind and get him sometime. :eek:

Oh well, the rest of the Buffy/Angel stuff on display at SDCCwas just amazing... pictures don't do the pieces justice. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Mig, D'Hoffy is not wearing any undies. He is dressed in "a plain, brown wrapper" with a hood that you couldn't get over his horns if you tried!
The guy looks good, (as demons go) but I'm tellin' ya, HE DESPERATLY NEEDS A NEW TAILOR, AND A JEWELER BESIDES!! (UNLESS THAT'S HIS NIGHTIE HE'S WEARING!!!) Where's his medallion??? "Plain arcane" is this guy's name!:D

He's standing in the middle of my desk right now. (This in itself is a monumental occasion, because this is the FIRST time I have ever opened up a figure I didn't have a duplicate of, but..jeez!....) I HAVE to do something to this outfit! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!:cool:

Read Screamingmetal's post #14 review.....he's got a good handle on the general figure!

Last edited:
Just got mine and I like him a lot. The robe's length is fine although in the box it could get bunched up so it looks shorter. He's a pretty simple character but he's a fairly important demon in the Buffiverse. I'm glad they made him, but now we definitely need Anyanka.

I got D'hoffryn last night, but my computer died a noisy death over the weekend, so I can only post from work right now. At first blush, I was a little underwhelmed, since he is a relatively simple character. The basic brown robes are really drab, but the wedding present and candles are nice BTVS accessories. The paint job isn't as impressive as the one on the DST bust, but given the scale, that is to be expected. My favorite feature has to be his cool cloven feet and sandals! A nice little touch! Overall a nice, but sorta boring addition to the Buffy line, especially in light of all the recent pre-orders!

Now we need to get an Anya/Anyanka figure, and she needs the big Hammer that her husband carries as her exclusive

Well I got D'Hoffryn today. I think it's a job well done. The head, hands and feet are sculpted and painted very well. The robe is simple but effective. And I loved the Wedding Gift accessory. :D

I can't wait to have mine. It's been ages since I got Darla. I pre-ordered D'H from forbiddenplanet.co.uk, does someone know how much does it take for them to deliver a SSC figure once it starts shipping from SS? Will I have to wait too long? I'm more excited about the fact that I'm getting a new 12 inch SS Buffy figure than about the figure itself, which looks a bit...let's say awful for the SS standards when it comes to making monsters.

Well I got home from work late last night expecting to open my PF Leia exclusive and my Kit Fisto exclusive. What I got was a PF leia exclusive and a D'Hoffryn exclusive! I do not collect Buffy figures! I quickly e-mailed customer service and hope they correct the error in a timely fashion. I guess I will have to wait a little longer for Kit.

88th division said:
Well I got home from work late last night expecting to open my PF Leia exclusive and my Kit Fisto exclusive. What I got was a PF leia exclusive and a D'Hoffryn exclusive! I do not collect Buffy figures! I quickly e-mailed customer service and hope they correct the error in a timely fashion. I guess I will have to wait a little longer for Kit.

D'Hoffryn would open a can of vengeance whoopass on Kit Fisto, and you know it. :D Oh no, now I have this giant Whedonverse vs. Star Wars battle scene playing out in my head...and Han just took a bullet because he wouldn't shoot first, but there's no doubt that Mal would. :lol

Oh, I'm going to have fun all day imagining this... Dark Witch Willow's whomping the Emperor... Oh no, Jar-Jar's been decapitated by Andrew! Dawn and Harmony are pulling Leia's hair! It's anarchy! :rotfl

SergeiEsenin said:
D'Hoffryn would open a can of vengeance whoopass on Kit Fisto, and you know it. :D Oh no, now I have this giant Whedonverse vs. Star Wars battle scene playing out in my head...and Han just took a bullet because he wouldn't shoot first, but there's no doubt that Mal would. :lol

Oh, I'm going to have fun all day imagining this... Dark Witch Willow's whomping the Emperor... Oh no, Jar-Jar's been decapitated by Andrew! Dawn and Harmony are pulling Leia's hair! It's anarchy! :rotfl

Thanks for the laughs!! I was feeling a bit let down that FedEx did not deliver my D'Hoffryns today (even though, according to tracking, they were on the truck for delivery)! So I really needed the chuckle and am now also picturing all your scenarios in my head!:lol

Buffanatic, I also noticed that the hood can't be pulled up over D's horns! What's THAT about? :confused: I guess he was never meant to be displayed hood up, but I was actually hoping to do just that! :rolleyes:

Screaming metal, the calves on my fig don't show, so I'm curious why his calves are showing on yours. Did you shorten the length of his robe? The robe on mine comes to the top of his feet, so no calves! The paint job is superb, though, so I can't complain about that at all! Although more accessories would have been nice, I totally love the wedding gift package! :monkey1 :D

Has anyone pre-ordered a figure from forbiddenplanet.co.uk? Do you know how much does it take to be shipped from FP once SS starts shipping the figure? I'm sorry I'm repeating the same question, but I need to know. Help me someone? I pre-ordered D'Hoffryn and I CAN'T wait!:monkey3 :monkey3

Back