Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't hate Season 6, I thought the exploration of religion was very interesting. I do agree that Dexter did get a little sloppy and the final scene shows him paying for it. But I do love the new dynamic this will throw into the mix for him.

I didn't hate Season 6, I thought the exploration of religion was very interesting. I do agree that Dexter did get a little sloppy and the final scene shows him paying for it. But I do love the new dynamic this will throw into the mix for him.

you make a good point, the religious aspects were one of the good things,
specially brother sam,

the season just suffered from a weak bad guy,

Geller was the least of my worries with season 6. What bugged me were the moments like when they are at a crime scene (all taped off, the other detectives have been there for at least 30 minutes) and Dexter arrives and is the first to notice a big obvious bloody trail or else Dexter is the only one that thinks "gee these intestines might belong to that guy we found a few days ago with no intestines"... They dumbed everyone down in season 6. Alot.

Geller was the least of my worries with season 6. What bugged me were the moments like when they are at a crime scene (all taped off, the other detectives have been there for at least 30 minutes) and Dexter arrives and is the first to notice a big obvious bloody trail or else Dexter is the only one that thinks "gee these intestines might belong to that guy we found a few days ago with no intestines"... They dumbed everyone down in season 6. Alot.

see I forgot about that, a lot of people were saying before how Dexter is actually the only "Detective" in the entire department too

But Dexter isn't even a Detective. That's what is so stupid. He is a labrat. An analyst. The further they move away from that the more they have seemed to lose touch with who Dexter is.

:lecture I'm glad I'm not the only person that came close to :slap when this happened.

But Dexter isn't even a Detective. That's what is so stupid. He is a labrat. An analyst. The further they move away from that the more they have seemed to lose touch with who Dexter is.

But Dexter IS smarter than everyone else and sees connections at crime scenes that only a serial killer might see.

But Dexter IS smarter than everyone else and sees connections at crime scenes that only a serial killer might see.

True. One of the biggest appeals to Dexter as a character was his ability to manipulate events from the shadows. But in past seasons he would filter that info through other people (ie Debbie, Matsuka, or Angel). Dex's whole MO used to be to keep his head down and blend in. But now he is like the precocious wunderkind of the Miami Metro. :doh

I agree Dexter has always been the best detective, that's how he stays one step ahead of getting his prey, before the police get to them first. Also he has to be a great detective to see if they fit the code.

Like a gigantic oil painting in the middle of the room with Dexter's face on it? Maybe he's smarter than the writers too!

The best part of Season 6 was when Debra walks in and Dexter realizes she's there, it was brilliant acting on Michael C. Hall's part as he really seemed to automatically and awkwardly switch from Killer Dexter to Mild Mannered Dexter. I thought that was done perfectly.

And I watched the panel from Comic-Con and all the previews, interviews etc. for Season 7 and I'm trying to pump myself up and be positive about it but I think we have to face it... this is the time where they REALLY have to deliver. The writers were speaking at Comic-Con and they sounded pretty confident that they have opened up so many possibilities for Season 7 but the truth is the whole Debra/Dexter thing has to be handled well or this Season will be hard to salvage.

they better not mess this up.

424183_10152028574490271_1238573967_n.jpg

What a great twist it would be if Dex just goes full on evil and kills Deb and goes on the run.

:lecture I doubt he would end up on the run. He'd probably manipulate it so it appears that this season's bad guy killed her.

Maybe. . .I forgot there was even any other plotlines going on this season :lol.

I guess the trailer is all stuff from the season premiere??

HOLY SH________________________

wow.... WOW, This might end up being an amazing season after all......

Wow love the trailer! I seriously can't wait. My favorite show of all time

Back