Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn I'm just shocked from what I saw. I thought everything was gonna be okay for Dexter, but no. :(

Wow! Just...wow!

The interview after the show was good too. Michael C. Hall was almost unrecognizable.

Damn I'm just shocked from what I saw. I thought everything was gonna be okay for Dexter, but no. :(
I told my wife right after he dumped Trinity's remains, that everything can't just be all 'hunky dory', something has to happen to hammer home the fact that his 'Dark Passenger' is ruining his life.

I avoided all Dexter discussion for the whole season. I managed to predict:

Christine was the shooter/killer as soon as the height issue came up. In that same episode she talked about how she needed a bloody crime story and that tipped me off, even though it didn't turn out to be her motive. I didn't predict that she was Trinity's daughter though.

I also predicted Rita's death based on 4 things:

1: they were making her unbearably naggy and annoying, as if to justify her being killed off.

2: in the past few next-episode teasers they were hyping up some earth-shattering twist at the end of the finale and I figured losing Rita would be the most shocking thing that could happen to Dexter.

3: Paul's parents coming out of the woodwork to take the kids to Disneyland was pretty "convenient" to facilitate this happening in the series.

4: her "safe" trip was too good to be true.

That's not to say the show is predictable, it was a great season and sometimes I think too much like a writer to the point where it ruins my own enjoyment.

But yeah, they'll get a lot of mileage out of it next year: Dexter will have to worry about how the circumstances of her death will connect him with Trinity plus he'll have Harrison to worry about and there will undoubtedly be all sorts of drama with Paul's parents wanting Astor and Cody.

All the stuff with Deb putting the pieces together re: Dexter's past (which everyone should have seen coming, it was inevitable) will also give them a lot to work with next year.

I'm floored.

I could be one of those guys who comes in and says "I knew it all along!" as I've made the comments that they are going out of their way to make Rita be such an issue for Dexter, but yet I'm still floored.

I never thought the show had the balls to go through with it and OMG at the way they did it.

To me, it changes the way I look back on the series as a whole & I have no idea how they'll make a Season 5 now.

P.S. -still floored.

holy crap..........that was unbelievably wicked. at first when i heard the phone ring in his home i thought she had changed her mind about going to the keys.......then.........:horror

i miss john lithgow already....:monkey2

seems like dexter is going to have to walk a tighter rope while doing his juggling act even more next season.........:google

Just as I was knowing that things couldn't be okay for Dexter I was hoping they would. Lithgow has it right - I can't imagine what they the writers can do next season that can top this. His life is almost back at square one, but emotionally he's completely screwed up and rudderless. And is he going to take care of Harrison and the other kids go with Paul's parents? Or will Dexter have all 3?

Amazing, just simply amazing. I hate to agree with him, but inner-Harry sure hit the nail on the head about Dex's family. I initially thought that he was going to prove him wrong and show him that he's more than was Harry thought about him....But I can see that next season the **** is going to hit the fan for poor Dex.

I'm thinking that Paul's parents will take the kids and we will get deeper into the Deb/Dex/Moser family. That plot line ended pretty fast IMO as if they were setting it up for next season.

Something funny I noticed, that Deb ignored a text message from Quinn when she was talking to the Captain. Do you really have to ignore a text message...:lol :huh

Jeez.. i swear..

I hated rita's whiny character with a passion..

I even chanted "kill rita, kill rita!" when dex found the van empty about mid way through..

but no matter how much i may have wanted it to happen? I didn't.
Because when I realized something bad was gonna happen, I wasn't prepared for it. That conversation they had about her accepting him, and knowing him, and that he could beat whatever darkness there was down..
GUH..
I felt my coolness towards her melt a little.
And then.. well. I guess I liked her more than I could admit. She's been a staple for 4 seasons now, and a symbol of what he was trying to get to. And then BAM.. just like that.

The episode screwed me up, big time.
I layed here afterwards with my lady (James_Ford) and we were talking about it. I couldn't help but imagine Trinity in the tub with her.. and her crying, and the slice, and the blood..
and it just brought me right back to that first scene of him in the bath with that victim, and i felt my heart just break.

She shouldn't have gone like that! So sad..
Although, we knew it had to happen I guess.

Still. That was no cliffhanger. It was like having John Lithgow push you off a cliff. And as you are hanging on by one arm, he takes an axe and just chops it off!

I'm just really in shock at how upset I am over her death, even though I couldn't stand her! Maybe it's just the idea of what Dexter just lost.
The idea of john lithgow pulling that type of thing on me just makes me incapable of breathing!

I'm really glad I have a 12 page paper to write tonight. I couldn't sleep no matter what after that!

Back