Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching now. This is so frraking bad. The flashback scene is terrible!!!

I wish I could erase all of Breaking Bad just so I could rewatch it for the first time again. I also wish I could erase all of Dexter and stay the heck away from it. Ugh.

I was texting back and forth with my brother, so cautiously optimistic of this episode. It was a very, very good episode for most of the runtime. Then that last scene. **** that.

This show is no longer smart enough to have an open ended finale like that. I would have been cool with him dying at sea, killing himself after dropping Deb in, or meeting them in Argentina after faking his death (by far, my least favorite option of the three). But that Man of Steel lumberjack **** was just weak.

Which is a shame, because as bad as this season has been, this episode was shaping up to save it. It came close, but ultimately missed. But overall, it was a good finale, but that last scene just truly weakened it.

This episode had some stuff I genuinely loved. The scene with him pulling the plug on Deb was tough to watch. And the scene with the cops watching the footage of Dexter killing Saxton was fantastic. Quinn's reaction was what it should have been, and Angel going along seemed about right.

But the last few minutes just erased all the good will this episode built up.

Dexter just strolling out with Deb's body was where I thought "uh oh, this reeks of Dexter at its worst." Then the CG storm, and the CG streets of Argentina. I was expecting an almost TDKR meeting up of Hannah and Dexter, but (thankfully) that didn't happen.

If they had just let Dexter die at sea, or hell, even let THAT part be open-ended, I'd have a much different opinion of this as a finale. I like this as a season finale, but that last scene was a terrible series finale.

Why does every series finale these days seem to involve the main character faking their death and then moving far away to start a new life?

The weekest season of the show ends with the worst scene in dexter history!!!!!!!!!!! OMG WHY!!!!!!!!!! Dexter was my favorite series EVER and the wost case scenario happened.

I agree the episode was fairly strong up until the point were he's the lumberjack. Deb's death should have been the last straw that caused dex's death or for him to realize he deserved to be punished and to head back and turn himself in.

Are we really supposed to believe that he's going to live on in a new life having known he royaly trashed his sister's life. It makes her life and death appear in vain.

On a small side note I wished they would have had better closure with the other characters but they only had an hour so I guess I should havee seen that coming. IMO this needed a 2 hour finally.

UGH I'm SO disappointed with Dexter. And I'm not just referring to the show but also the character himself. That last scene showed that he could live with what he did,.... and I HATE it!

I think u guys have this all wrong...it was a great episode, great ending....him turning up as a lumberjack and getting his wolverine on is him giving up that happy lifestyle, not taking the easy way out and killing himself but accepting that hes a monster, that he ****ed up by allowing the human side of him and his need/desire to conform to society and "fit in" is what ****ed him up..he is a beast...therefor he chooses this (imo) isolated, solitude life-style, one where he can, presumably, either kill and just kill and prevent those emotions from ever causing the spiral that was his life from happening again and ppl getting hurt

I think u guys have this all wrong...it was a great episode, great ending....him turning up as a lumberjack and getting his wolverine on is him giving up that happy lifestyle, not taking the easy way out and killing himself but accepting that hes a monster, that he ****ed up by allowing the human side of him and his need/desire to conform to society and "fit in" is what ****ed him up..he is a beast...therefor he chooses this (imo) isolated, solitude life-style, one where he can, presumably, either kill and just kill and prevent those emotions from ever causing the spiral that was his life from happening again and ppl getting hurt

Except this show already (poorly) established that he no longer has a need to kill, last episode. So there's no need for him to hide in the woods, killing stragglers or whatever.

Him dying was maybe an easy way I'll give you that. But turning himself in and seeing the people who loved him realizing who he really was and being emprisoned would have been true punishment.

That's something that he should have welcomed. He should have loved his sister, just enough, to decide to set things right.

Except this show already (poorly) established that he no longer has a need to kill, last episode. So there's no need for him to hide in the woods, killing stragglers or whatever.

Except that now he doesn't have Hannah. So that need will return.

So I feel the we didn't get ANY resolution.

Also, Elway is going to wake up later with a massive headache (according to Hannah) and he's not going to go after her?! He KNOWS where she's going!!! Again, NO resolution....

Haha. Every single one of my friends who loves ( loved ) Dexter switched off after 2 episodes of this season. I watched the first episode and then just read spoilers. Sounds horrendous. I actually thought season 7 was better than 6 but the show should have ended after season 5 ( which was also a weak season ). Pretty sad it went out like this. Considering the ratings apparently got stronger every season, everyone I know personally, stopped watching.

Dexter can go eat a ****. I'll never tell anyone to watch this show for as long as I live.
I would not do that to my worst enemy.

Is this a serious post? LOL...this can't be a serious post. This is great satire.

I just remembered somethin ironic. Just before this season aired one of the show runners, I forget who, said in regards to how important Dexter is..."Dexter is to Showtime what Batman is to the WB, we'll make sure to treat it right..."

Wow, and just look at how similar the two endings are....!

Ugh, now I blame Batman....lol....

That was not the ending I wanted. . . nor was it a fitting ending.

Just not good at all.

I wouldn't say they were unwatchable but as far as final seasons go they were boring as ****. Weekest season of Dexter without question. And that's not how you want to end a series... with a week season.

Some people are saying the entire series is a day dream of some crazy Lumberjack?

that nothing is really real and all 8 seasons are the crazy thoughts of some crazy Lumberjack???

:lol

Back