Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deb, Hannah and even the old Captain are all wildcards. Any of those three have reasons to deal with Maria. If the rumors about Doakes appearing in some manner are true then I think they're setting up a cliffhanger to head into the last season. Just an opinion, not a spoiler.

My opinion of Dexter is a bit like Hannah's. I am starting to find his character less and less interesting the more he talks about his feelings.

I am starting to find his character less and less interesting the more he talks about his feelings.

...and he just won't shut up about them!!! I f'king hate all of the Oprah feelings crap. Nail on head.

He's supposed to be a monster hidden under an everyman face. That's how they wrote him early on when this show was at it's best.

I guess our little Dexter is growing up :monkey2

I mean even if that was what they were trying to go for that Dexter is finally becoming human but this is getting so cheesy.

The thing I Loved the most about this episode is how Dexter kills a guy out in the open and near other people :slap
I just love how the people making this show just dont give a S__ about these things.
A gun range.. out in the day and next to others. And let's not forget Dexter dumping a body and his own knife while Isaak dumps his gun with his fingerprints in them..... I mean seriously wtf was going on this episode?
It is like Dexter can kill someone in a crowded place and no one will say anything? Or nothing will happen to him? :cuckoo:

yeah..it doesn't feel like his character is really growing at all. He's basically just been looking for someone to be his friend for 4 seasons now. He gets worse at his code and hasn't improved at expressing himself either.

I don't really care if he lives or dies. They could drop a nuclear bomb on miami and he would still survive with this writing. It seems like they could have had this Laguerta story in the third or even fourth season and deb could have caught him and Lumen at the end of five. It just feels like they are obviously pushing things back as far as possible so they can milk the show for all it's worth. Aren't both of those events major parts of the first friggin book...I'm aware that the show is only based after the first book...but still, why save like the 5% of it to spread out over 7 seasons. I think if they had been a little braver with their choices even just in season 5 maybe they would have had some more growth from the character.

That being said, It's been much much better than the last season for me. Ultimately, I think the last season sort of killed the really great momentum this show had. I'm hoping I will start to really like it again, but I don't really care about another doomed relationship for Dexter. Maybe he should just bang his sister and end it all.

How many seasons after 3 did it run for?

Weeds was 8 seasons.

I have to say I started loving Californication too and then season 5 was complete crap. Just really bad. They got this rapper to be in it and it was really stupid. I guess Kamandi is right. :lol

I stuck it out with Weeds until the miserable end because I'd bang Mary Louise Parker like a screen door.

I don't feel that way about Mulder.

LOL Californication had its nice share of naked girls :naughty (really nice in fact, Eva Amurri Martino, Camilla Luddington and Addison Timlin come to mind)
and the humor was really good, made me laugh my butt off some episodes. But after season 3 it started to get kinda stupid. and Season 5 of Cali was the equivalent of season 6 of Dexter. Just awful. :lol

season7finale.png

who...?

Well, wow... there were many times in this ep I thought to myself "they're doing all they can to make this guy chummy with Dex". All the work they did showing how utterly brutal and ruthless this guy was (forced suicide of Bartender) isn't going to go away just because he says he kills "for revenge". Surprised he was taken out so quick and tidy though. Interesting, but a weak ending there. His advice is basically "tell her how you feel"? Now everytime I think of this guy, I'm gonna think of Dr. Drew. :lol Nice going writers.

Oh, and good thinking Dex letting Isaak bleed all over your boat. :slap

So Dex has a love without reciprocation thing going on this season between Hannah and Deb. Hannah surprisingly comes off as more relateable here as Dex has been drowning in his own douchery for too long now. Emo self-disclosures aren't his forte but now suddenly he can open up to just about anybody. Fa-la-la-la-lame!

Now this Laguerta/Matthews thing is probably going to take us into the final season. I'm fairly confident this will be the last major undoing of Dex and they've provided enough reasons for me, however unwittingly, into actually wanting to see Dex pay for his lack of code.

could be a sexual innuendo :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

this.

noooo --- vince is the only truly likeable character! and angel's sister, of course. :lol

except for isaak's death! let's just say "one of the best so far" ...

Really? I think Mazuka is alright, but he's always been kind of a flat comic relief character. Batista's sister is more likeable than Batista? Bros before hoes!

I still think Dexter's emotions are more about what he wants than genuine adult emotions. He likes and wants Hannah. That's his current need. I don't think he loves her, but he doesn't understand love enough to realize it. His complete inability to understand what Deb confessed to him, to connect with her (of all people) at her most emotionally vulnerable moment, confirms for me that he is not plugged into humanity, and his Oprah moments are lies he tells himself and others.

I don't remember any Friday the 13th where Jason started feeling homesick for his mommy.

Dexter needs to get in touch with his inner psycho.

Back