Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You're fascinated by his ****-tion?
look up what diction means ... your joke was a fail, sorry.
Yeah he's only free because Quinn is a crooked ass cop who stole evidence.

Trinity & Brian = never got caught
they also mostly killed women (one at a time, usually) and took breaks inbetween ... don't think they'd last long in prison. you cannot really compare them, because their modus operandi is different. isaak doesn't care about being caught, because he walks right out ... it's a classy display of power that neither of the former two can match, which is why they were hiding like rats.

sirko it is. then again, it's just a tv show, so no big deal if people have different "favorites."

Re: .

they also mostly killed women (one at a time, usually) and took breaks inbetween ... don't think they'd last long in prison. you cannot really compare them, because their modus operandi is different. isaak doesn't care about being caught, because he walks right out ... it's a classy display of power that neither of the former two can match, which is why they were hiding like rats.

sirko it is. then again, it's just a tv show, so no big deal if people have different "favorites."

:exactly::goodpost:

Isaac is an awesome and very different Villain, a new kind of threat to Dexter compared to his usual serial killers, had this seasons antagonist been yet another serial killer the chances of the character being at Trinity/Ice truck level would surely have been slim, look at what a fail the Doomsday killer was!:slap

ITC, Trinity and Isaac were/are as smart as Dexter.

Doomsday was a major fail because I never thought he was at Dex's level. They wasted Olmos and they added a silly band of youtube followers. Almost all the Doomsday victims had bad CG animation.

The Tony Robbins guy was a fail on his own. The viewer had to care about Lumen to give a crap about that season. Julia Stiles was cute as Nicky in the Borne films, but most people didn't buy off on her character in Dexter.

Season 2 the foil was Doakes. It was a big mistake killing his character off. They played his character arc too quickly.

I'm actually thinking that this could be the best of all seasons if they stick the landing.

What I like about this season:

1. They stopped trying to find a way to one up Trinity, and just wrote a good villain and cast a good actor in the part. And surprise! The Issac is every bit as fascinating, but in his own unique way.

2. They actually found stuff for the supporting cast to do that actually ties into Dexter's story. Well, except Miguel, but he's much more on the margins. And I'm actually rooting for Laguerta for a change.

3. Fixing past mistakes. With his secret out of the bag, the show is no longer an unchallenged Dexter narrative. Before everything we saw was from his point of view. We heard his justifications, his side of the story, his rationalizations. Now, we have Deb just tearing down these delusions, and calling him on his crap. Just like that, many of the bad decisions from past seasons got flipped from bad writing to the self-centered actions of a delusional serial killer. Which brings me to...

5. Dexter's scary again. Hell, maybe for the first time. Again with Deb challenging him, we see just how determined Dexter is to kill, just how right Harry was to try to put him on a leash. If there was any doubt about how deranged Dexter really is, his most recent exchange with Deb should cement it.

Doomsday was a major fail because I never thought he was at Dex's level. They wasted Olmos and they added a silly band of youtube followers. Almost all the Doomsday victims had bad CG animation.

The Tony Robbins guy was a fail on his own. The viewer had to care about Lumen to give a crap about that season. Julia Stiles was cute as Nicky in the Borne films, but most people didn't buy off on her character in Dexter.

Season 2 the foil was Doakes. It was a big mistake killing his character off. They played his character arc too quickly.

I agree with all of that.

To be honest, they ruined the Doomsday Killer angle the moment Gellar was really in the freezer. I knew very early on in the season that he wasn't still alive. Now, if they would've swerved the audience and have Dexter open an empty freezer and then have Gellar attack Dexter from behind, it could've improved the season greatly. Travis Marshall would've worked well as a character only as an apprentice type role. Having him be the big bad was a fail. It was the most predictible season of Dexter ever.

As for Lumen, I think that charcter had it's ups and downs. There were some interesting moments with the character plus alot of crap that felt thrown together and was a waste of tv time (I really didn't care for the side story thing about the boyfriend). It could've been done better overall.

They definitely killed Doakes off too soon. Between Seasons 2 and 3 I pondered hard how the show could go on without Doakes.

As for Lumen, I think that charcter had it's ups and downs. There were some interesting moments with the character plus alot of crap that felt thrown together and was a waste of tv time (I really didn't care for the side story thing about the boyfriend). It could've been done better overall.

I wasn't a fan of Lumen for the first 1/3ish of that season. When it was just "I'm going to shoot them", she was dull. But when she got involved with Dexter, she got interesting. The boyfriend angle was filler, but no different that the filler plots in every season.

I'm always surprised at the lack of enjoyment for The Group's plot. I thought they were a fantastic villain. If you bought into the Lumen character, you hated them for what they did to her. If you didn't care about Lumen, their actions were so awful that they were still plenty villainous.

I guess I just like season 5 a lot more that others do.

This is probably the 10th time putting this in this thread, but for me:

1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 7. When about thirty or so other people reply to this thread, I'll post and put "6", in order to give the proper distance from the other seasons it needs in order to be accurately ranked.

I liked Season 5 better than Season 3 and Season 6.

I think Season 3 had more potential than 5 and 6, but ultimately it kinda fizzled for me.

I agree with all of that.

To be honest, they ruined the Doomsday Killer angle the moment Gellar was really in the freezer. I knew very early on in the season that he wasn't still alive. Now, if they would've swerved the audience and have Dexter open an empty freezer and then have Gellar attack Dexter from behind, it could've improved the season greatly. Travis Marshall would've worked well as a character only as an apprentice type role. Having him be the big bad was a fail. It was the most predictible season of Dexter ever.

They definitely killed Doakes off too soon. Between Seasons 2 and 3 I pondered hard how the show could go on without Doakes.

I felt that too. That whole season seemed to have way too much filler.

i still hope that it's not "killing," but rather "premature temporary removal" -- with suspension of disbelief so common in today's shows, this would be an instance that i wouldn't object to for a change.

time to kick some as.s, james!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdA2NEWd67c[/ame]

there's a surprise at 06:34, by the way (check out the comments!):
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbOGuk4CPA[/ame]

I wasn't a fan of Lumen for the first 1/3ish of that season. When it was just "I'm going to shoot them", she was dull. But when she got involved with Dexter, she got interesting. The boyfriend angle was filler, but no different that the filler plots in every season.

I'm always surprised at the lack of enjoyment for The Group's plot. I thought they were a fantastic villain. If you bought into the Lumen character, you hated them for what they did to her. If you didn't care about Lumen, their actions were so awful that they were still plenty villainous.

I guess I just like season 5 a lot more that others do.

This is probably the 10th time putting this in this thread, but for me:

1, 4, 2, 5, 3, 7. When about thirty or so other people reply to this thread, I'll post and put "6", in order to give the proper distance from the other seasons it needs in order to be accurately ranked.

You need time and distance for season 6, but not season 7?

For me, the ranking goes like this, with the provision that I haven't watched season 3 since it first aired (but have rewatched the rest):

S4, S1, S2, S5, S3, S6, with season 7 on a a trajectory that could land it anywhere from 1-4.

Michael C Hall even said it in an interview that how long could they keep the Doakes character until it became unrealistic.
like, How long can Doakes be suspicious of DEXTER and Not find out who he is. :dunno

Last edited:
Michael C Hall even said it in an interview that how long could they keep the Doakes character until it became unrealistic.
like, How long can Doakes be suspicious of Doakes and Not find out who he is. :dunno

I don't know, how long could Doakes be suspicious of himself? :lol

To be honest, they ruined the Doomsday Killer angle the moment Gellar was really in the freezer.

Agreed. It would have been much more interesting if Olmos was alive and there was a Hillside Strangler dynamic with two killers working as partners. Colin Hanks wasn't intimidating and couldn't carry the later episodes alone.

i still hope that it's not "killing," but rather "premature temporary removal" -- with suspension of disbelief so common in today's shows, this would be an instance that i wouldn't object to for a change.

He's next to the stove. Masuka confirms the mangled torso of an "african american male" in the next episode. There's no wiggle room here. If they retcon this away they will screw up Doakes's story, which is one of the strongest things they did in this series.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGfIBlCRk3M[/ame]

Back