Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to stay and read your reactions to the rest of the season. If these spoilers are true...then holy hell. This sounds like seriously the worst season of this show.

MAJOR DANGER SPOILERS TILL THE END OF THE SEASON.

Spoiler Spoiler:

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif
46680043_omg_reaction_gif.gif

OMG.gif

Thank you for sharing. I mean it, I don't know where you found it but Im glad if this is the case.

even if it is pure speculation I came to some of those same conclusions as well

end of the season spoilers
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't see why some of you guys don't like this season. I have felt like each story the grip on ties between every character just gets tighter, drawing them closer together. I think it's been fascinating to watch.

It's simple. The plots aren't going any where. Sexter is back in love again with another blond killer, Deb knows, but she's still as whiney and mopey as usual, Batista is being random, Quinn, i'll give you that, his character is the only one doing something interesting.

And Issac is a cool one, but the problem is, he does't seem to be in it as much. He's a character that is not only interesting, but threatening.

But this Hannah chick? She does nothing for me. She isn't interesting, she isn't needed, and she quite frankly frustrates me. He's doing all this stupid stuff for no reason. He knew she was going to kill again. But he fell in love, and now things are gonna get all bad!

You have to create a story where these characters make choices...but something about Dexter having more sex is really uninteresting. The show was never about love and sex. It's about what human beings are capable of, and why.

To shorten it. I feel like they're retreading ground, and I really don't like more love stories.

It's simple. The plots aren't going any where. Sexter is back in love again with another blond killer, Deb knows, but she's still as whiney and mopey as usual, Batista is being random, Quinn, i'll give you that, his character is the only one doing something interesting.

And Issac is a cool one, but the problem is, he does't seem to be in it as much. He's a character that is not only interesting, but threatening.

But this Hannah chick? She does nothing for me. She isn't interesting, she isn't needed, and she quite frankly frustrates me. He's doing all this stupid stuff for no reason. He knew she was going to kill again. But he fell in love, and now things are gonna get all bad!

You have to create a story where these characters make choices...but something about Dexter having more sex is really uninteresting. The show was never about love and sex. It's about what human beings are capable of, and why.

To shorten it. I feel like they're retreading ground, and I really don't like more love stories.

excellent post. This season with Hannah could have been really really strong if Lumen never existed. If season 5 was different then maybe Dexter falling in love now would have more weight in the story, but since he already had a forbidden type of romance not only one but twice then a third time is really pushing it. I agree with that.

I also feel that Isaac is not as important as he should have been. When I read about the Isaac character I expected it differently. I thought the season would be around the mob only.
This season is better than the last but not even by that much.

I don't see Dexter Killing Isaac, it would actually disrespect the character to have him taken out by Dex, I foresee Isaac coming out on top and about to take out dexter only to be killed by either Deb or Hannah.( if she lasts that long) He would probably plan to use for the fire extinguisher too.

I don't see Dexter Killing Isaac, it would actually disrespect the character to have him taken out by Dex, I foresee Isaac coming out on top and about to take out dexter only to be killed by either Deb or Hannah.( if she lasts that long) He would probably plan to use for the fire extinguisher too.

that would be a wonderful twist. Specially Deb, I would Love to see Deb killing him that would be really good for the show.

But I just don't know if they would do that. Dexter is the one that always gets his kill and I bet the writers wouldn't go that way.

that would be a wonderful twist. Specially Deb, I would Love to see Deb killing him that would be really good for the show.

But I just don't know if they would do that. Dexter is the one that always gets his kill and I bet the writers wouldn't go that way.

Thats true, but it would be refreshing to see dex truly outmatched for once! (I honestly believe thats Issac's role this season) but obviously we can't have our lead character die so he has to be saved by someone and who better then Deb, this will really cement the concern Deb had earlier about dex attracting danger if she literally has to save his life, it would be cool if she somehow knifed him, that would have more impact as she has shot bad guys before.

I hope one thing we can all agree on is that this Season is lightyears ahead of last Season. :1-1:

When you hit rock bottom every direction is up.

:rotfl that is true. This season is still lower than season 1,2,4 and I would even say 5 since it is Lumen all over again. They are both blonde to make matters worst :lol just made me realize Dexter has the hots for girls with blonde hair.

I have no idea how you can compare Hannah to Lumen and/or Lila!?

Lumen wanted revenge. Once she got it she bounced. Lila was crazy and destructive. Hannah is a serial killer, just like Dexter. Lila wasn't. Neither was Lumen. That's the attraction. She understands the dual lifestyle that Dexter has been living. Because she's done it/is still doing it. She also understands his need to kill. Because she has it. She's everything he's ever wanted in a woman (a male serial killer's dream girl lol) annnnnnddddd... he can't have her because Deb wants her dead/it's a risk for him to openly be with her because of her past. The relationship this season is about that dilemma. It's not a rehash of anything. So not sure how you're getting that!?

Lumen wanted revenge. Once she got it she bounced. Lila was crazy and destructive. Hannah is a serial killer, just like Dexter. Lila wasn't. Neither was Lumen. That's the attraction. She understands the dual lifestyle that Dexter has been living. Because she's done it/is still doing it. She also understands his need to kill. Because she has it. She's everything he's ever wanted in a woman (a male serial killer's dream girl lol) annnnnnddddd... he can't have her because Deb wants her dead/it's a risk for him to openly be with her because of her past. The relationship this season is about that dilemma. It's not a rehash of anything. So not sure how you're getting that!?
yeah they are all different but women dealing with Dexter is the same: First he loves them, then he feels troubled by it, then at the end they disappear. Hannah will probably not make it to the end of the season. Either Dexter kills her or Deb catches her or even Isaac could kill her.
Just feels like filler at this point. Specially since the show might end next season.
The thing is Dexter falling in love is not what this show as about I mean did we really need another love interest for Dexter? is like Hannah is only there to make things difficult between Dexter and Deb.

I guess people are just tired of seeing him with yet another new love interest, I like Hannah and the Dilemma she has caused but I'm much more interested in seeing how things pan out with Isaac as the idea of a trained Killer going after Dexter out of revenge is more exciting.

Exactly I thought Isaac would be the main thing about this season. I didn't expect Isaac having to share the show with a hot blonde that Dexter has the hots for.

During seasons 1 and 2 Dexter was a true monster with a veneer of a normal person. He was genuinely dangerous and unpredictable. He had no true sense of right and wrong, sometimes he made his decissions based on "how can I pretend to be like everyone else?" and it didn't always work.

That is gone. Now he's Eddie Haskell with a mean streak. He's predictable.

Contrast that with Tony Soprano. The writers on that show used to discuss how they tried to see how much they could have Tony do wrong and keep the audience on his side.

The Dexter writers are too concerned with the viewer liking Dexter. Dexter in love. Dexter the dad. Dexter the guy who brings doughnuts to work. Not enough "hmm, what's he going to d- HOLY SH-T!"

I guess it really is a good thing it will end now. I guess it should have ended couple of seasons ago.

I still think the ultimate goal for the writers is to have Dexter & Debra to be together at the end. I know there was a time, when we all figured that the show would end with Debra arresting or shooting Dexter but it doesn't seem like that is the direction they are going. I'm not saying it won't happen, but Debra is now pretty much an accomplice....

Which is the role that Hannah plays, so it makes sense. Dexter has been looking for someone like that all his life. I mean, he's kept trophies for a reason, he wants it all to make sense and be "real" and what better way than to have a person who shares it with you? It would eventually be lonely to exist like he used to.

Debra and Dexter both blindly follow a code when it comes to love interests, Debra is the typical girl that missed her father's affections and always ends up with the wrong guy. Dexter is the guy who ends up with people similar to his mom, the ones that have been through huge trauma. That was the whole reason why he chose Rita for "cover", because he knew she had been abused.

Hannah is just the next step in Dexter's progression, she's closer to what he's been looking for in all of those other women.

Makes sense to me.

if they are trying to get Deb and Dexter to be together that would be wrong on so many levels. I don't know that would just be ugly to watch.

Back