Devil May Cry Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how's that demo?

Terrible cast, writing, and one really ugly art direction. Platforming is fun, but forced. Also the gameplay is flexible and a lot of fun, but basically a watered down Devil May Cry 3/4 and it is also way too easy. It is an alright action game but a garbage DMC game. Also I thought the boss was terrible and a pain to fight.

Terrible cast, writing, and one really ugly art direction. Platforming is fun, but forced. Also the gameplay is flexible and a lot of fun, but basically a watered down Devil May Cry 3/4 and it is also way too easy. It is an alright action game but a garbage DMC game. Also I thought the boss was terrible and a pain to fight.

:lol

I...I liked it...

I enjoyed the demo. The gameplay is tight. My only annoyance is the controls but after i get used to it ill be fine. The R2 L2 thing just confuses me right now.

The characters seem OK but im sure the full game they'll win e over just like "Journey to the West" did. Dante didn't have quite enough banter in the demo for me to judge

I enjoyed the demo. The gameplay is tight. My only annoyance is the controls but after i get used to it ill be fine. The R2 L2 thing just confuses me right now.

The characters seem OK but im sure the full game they'll win e over just like "Journey to the West" did. Dante didn't have quite enough banter in the demo for me to judge

I think the boss fight scene secured the idea that there's no way I could like the writing or the protagonist.

At first I liked the idea of weapon mapping, but in execution it's pretty awkward because of the input requiring holding the shoulder button a slight second prior to doing the attacks. The game just isn't very responsive either. Even on the harder difficulties the enemies just stand around too, begging to get killed. It takes forever for them to actually attack and when they do it's painfully obvious so you can dodge with ease. Getting S point combos is just too simplistic. I'm also not a fan of the rock paper scissors element with enemies, particularly on harder difficulties where you pretty much have to use certain weapons against certain enemies. That ends up in a lot of ways killing some of the point of having on the fly weapon switching.

I will not deny that the combat system is fun, but it could really use some work. I also won't deny how flashy you look too. It definitely feels good doing the crazy combos.

Gotta say, I do like the art direction and design change of dante a little more. he no longer looks like he should be singing backup for bieber, BUT he does look a little bit like the lovechild of PT anakin and Edward from twilight.

Have you played Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, or the other Devil May Cry games? This game is a HUGE step backward in the genre.

Yes I have. I like them all, and I like this one too :dunno

Gotta say, I do like the art direction and design change of dante a little more. he no longer looks like he should be singing backup for bieber, BUT he does look a little bit like the lovechild of PT anakin and Edward from twilight.

Yeah I really like the art style. It's neat to look at.

Though I do still prefer classic Dante, there's room enough for this new iteration.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the demo. They only thing was Kate stating the obvious ever second. I was mad at Dante's look when I seen the 1st trailer, but now it's whatever. When has DMC ever had good writing. If any game in the genre is a big step back It's Ninja Gaiden 3.

I enjoyed the demo. They only thing was Kate stating the obvious ever second. I was mad at Dante's look when I seen the 1st trailer, but now it's whatever. When has DMC ever had good writing. If any game in the genre is a big step back It's Ninja Gaiden 3.

Case in point :lecture

[ame]https://youtu.be/H8qG4AlK1qk[/ame]

:lol

and ugh...Ninja Gaiden 3...uuuuugh.

Lol. "I should of been the one to fill your dark soul with light!!!!!!" I remember playing the demo for the first dmc with code v and I was blown away. The matrix was popular at the time so dmc was just like those movies.

new clips

intro

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2sfmoXGNPY[/ame]

boss battle

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-C7KLrZHg[/ame]

Not convinced by reviews. Ninja theory are trying really hard to get this game accepted. Ill play it myself and look at FAN reviews. Ign has been riding this game hard trying to convince people it's good but most fans don't like it for it's non lock on system. I think it's fun tho from the demo.

Absolutly disappointing and outragiously ridiculous. The DMC licence is dead, Bravo Crapcom. For this kinda action game I wil rather take the MGS revengance.

Back