Detolfs back in stock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolf Discontinued

This pisses me off because I just bought one a few months ago and I was just going to go out this weekend to pick up a 2nd to match my first...Ikea fails.

selling my detolfs for $1000 shipped each if anyone interested.

I'm not going to miss them, never liked them much. If only IKEA would take this opportunity to come up with something better! Some day, perhaps.

I like them for the price and size. I live in a small apt. And would love a nicer shelf to display my stuff in but why go all out when my residence is temporary. Also I read on another board that Ikea is having problems with a supplier and that the are expected to have them back in. Also if they were discontinued I would think/hope that they would be removed from their website...but this is Ikea we are talking about.

panic%20button.jpg

Last time I checked the stores in NY still had a few. Not sure if they still have any though.

Try Craigslist... I found detolf sellers there a few weeks back when I was just browsing around.

Yeah, I've been checking. Any suggestions for keywords?

"detolf" (never gets any hits)
"glass cabinet"
"glass curio"
"IKEA"
"IKEA glass"
"IKEA cabinet"

I just checked all the US stores on the ikea website and a couple of stores still have them in stock. Does anyone know if they will ship them.

Hey Maglor, I know just how you feel. This totally sucks. I've been out of my house for a year for a renovation and the whole time the thing I was really looking forward to was getting a couple of Detolfs to mark the end of a very long and very expensive process. They were the only things I knew I wanted for showing off my best figures. A pox on your suppliers Ikea!

All I know is I'll be damned if I pay more than twice as much as a Detolf for something like the Amazon display cabinet or the Besta system so I think I'm going to have to give up on the cabinet idea altogether and look at using glass or acrylic shelves attached directly to the walls.

Detolf have jut been put on sale here in Denmark, which usually means that they are going to be discontinued.

They do however have some alternatives, although they will surely not match the Detolf if you have several already

Klingsbo: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60128562

Hemnes: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50176266

Bjursta: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40187557

however I think that the system that IKEA isn't going to discontinue right away is probably Besta and you can use these Inreda glass shelves and Mirrored glass shelf inserts to turn it into a display cabinet

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30103474

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50196542

Here is the email response I got from Ikea on friday.

Hello Jami,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Both the 101-192-06 DETOLF glass-door cabinet in black-brown and the
100-110-55 DETOLF glass-door cabinet in beech effect remain currently out of stock at both IKEA Orlando and online from IKEA Home Shopping.
Typically, issues affecting stock availability often arise when unexpected delays have been encountered by our manufacturing supply partners.

We estimate stock availability on the black-brown DETOLF by approximately the beginning of September online, but are unable to provide any expected availability on the one in beech effect.

At IKEA Orlando, both of the DETOLF cabinets are tentatively expected to restock during the week of July 18-24th; however, please be advised that delivery information is always an estimate. Our products are shipped from suppliers all over the world and delays are possible.

All IKEA Home Shopping orders, whether online or by phone, actually ship from our central distribution facility and not from any store.

If you should have any additional questions, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks for your interest in IKEA.

Best Regards,
Richard
IKEA Customer Care Center

Hmm, not sure what to think about that. Why the disagreement between customer service reps?

Unfortunately, the DETOLF glass door cabinet has been discontinued
and is no longer being manufactured by our suppliers
. IKEA products
are not discontinued based on sales or consumer demand, but on
product availability. This process allows IKEA to open space to
introduce new products to the range. There are currently no plans to
manufacture a similat cabinet.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and
we hope that you will continue to be a loyal and important IKEA
customer.

Best Regards,
Thirelle

I hope Thirslle is talking out his/her arse, but I have a feeling Richard just didn't get the memo.

Just sent a follow-up email:

Hello,

This is very upsetting news. However, I have heard otherwise. Someone posted this communication on-line:

Hello ____,

Both the 101-192-06 DETOLF glass-door cabinet in black-brown and the
100-110-55 DETOLF glass-door cabinet in beech effect remain currently out of stock at both IKEA Orlando and online from IKEA Home Shopping.
Typically, issues affecting stock availability often arise when unexpected delays have been encountered by our manufacturing supply partners.

We estimate stock availability on the black-brown DETOLF by approximately the beginning of September online, but are unable to provide any expected availability on the one in beech effect.

At IKEA Orlando, both of the DETOLF cabinets are tentatively expected to restock during the week of July 18-24th; however, please be advised that delivery information is always an estimate. Our products are shipped from suppliers all over the world and delays are possible.

All IKEA Home Shopping orders, whether online or by phone, actually ship from our central distribution facility and not from any store.

If you should have any additional questions, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks for your interest in IKEA.

Best Regards,
_______

That sounds decidedly more hopeful, but now I don't know what to believe. :(

Clarification would be appreciated. Thank you.

Back