Destroyer from THOR Movie by Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone on statueforum said they did a live chat with sideshow and they confirmed that only the head lights up. The pic I posted is a prototype.

NOOOOOoooooooooooooooo! Sideshow, WTF are you doing/or not doing? That light-up chest version should have been the ONE, especially at $500.00 a pop. With all the noise being made, regarding this statue, SS owes us some kind of logical explanation. And if the nay sayers are right, & we get a crappy paint job(?), then a pound of flesh is in order.:slap:slap:slap:gah::gah::gah:

I was watching the featurettes on the Thor bluray. About two minutes into Creating Laufey they had a picture of the Destroyer maquette.

The lighting is like a flickering candle. I may actually get this piece now.

I would order this in a heart beat if the real one looks like that, oh well money saved.

I actually think that would be the kewlest sideshow marvel piece ever made...... unfortunately the piece we are getting pales in comparison, man that is one sick looking proto... let me know when that goes on sale please.

had the version at SDCC looked like that video...I would be sure to give it props...chest light-up feature is awesome...hope those getting dig it...but...THOU HAS BEEN WARNED!

...and I believe only the eyes light up now?...not the whole face...is this correct?

Yeah only the eyes.. not the entire face would be a decent piece with a lil nicer finish and about 150 dollars cheaper.

I was watching the featurettes on the Thor bluray. About two minutes into Creating Laufey they had a picture of the Destroyer maquette.

The lighting is like a flickering candle. I may actually get this piece now.

Who is the guy with the Destroyer?

Kenneth Branagh the director

HOLY JEBUS...

He looks like Peter Jackson while LotR now.

Actually, that's not Branagh. It's some set designer from the film. Watched this featurette on Blu-Ray Tuesday night.

Yeah, when I saw that Destroyer in the background, I was like, okay, going to order one now. Then I realized that the actual production version wouldn't light up like that. :mad:

<---- really wishes that there was a company that made pieces as nice as that proto... any company want to step up and make the next step of higher caliber pieces please?

So what happens when these ship, and customers find them sub-par? The non-refundable deposit for this item was a little steep. This may be a confidence breaker...

Actually, that's not Branagh. It's some set designer from the film. Watched this featurette on Blu-Ray Tuesday night.

Yeah, when I saw that Destroyer in the background, I was like, okay, going to order one now. Then I realized that the actual production version wouldn't light up like that. :mad:

I think it's either John Rosengrant or Shane McMahon from Legacy.

The Bowens have made a couple of this figure and they both appear to be superior sculpts and comic accurate.

I think it's either John Rosengrant or Shane McMahon from Legacy.

Yep, this is Shane Mahan.

fearfest-shane-mahan-325.jpg

Back