Destroyer from THOR Movie by Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. This is more likely to be Legacy than SS. I don't think SS have announced a Thor movie license yet but I'm sure they will.

I can't see The Destroyer being popular enough to warrant a 1/2 scale. I think the pictures are mislabeled "Sideshow".

I can't see The Destroyer being popular enough to warrant a 1/2 scale. I think the pictures are mislabeled "Sideshow".

I think its too plain as well to warrant a high 1:2 scale price tag. Its all just one color. The Mark I never got produced, so I dont see Destroyer happening, just a studio maquette, same could be said for the Mark V. Late July is so damn far away :gah:

I've seen this destroyer before...there was a pic of what looked like a 1:1 of it out in a desert somewhere...my only beef is that this Destroyer looks to thin...Destroyer has always been more HULKING IMO...

...and for the THOR haters...I used to feel the same way until I actually picked up the comic (recent) ...and actually read it.

:read

...and for the THOR haters...I used to feel the same way until I actually picked up the comic (recent) ...and actually read it.
:read

Same here. Last month, I decided to pick up Thor Disassembled & the current Thor vol. 1 & 2 tpb's and I have to say, I'm very impressed with his stories. Really superb writing with great artwork. Can't wait to read vol. 3

Looks pretty sick. Not a huge Thor fan but in the comics, wasn't the Destroyer specifiaclly made to counter the Celestial Host?
if memory serves, yeah. he was always this world ending type being. mega powerful. kinda like DC's Doomsday/ i think the Celestial tie-in was fairly recent tho. decade ago. Earth X stuff

I prefer DOOMS version of the destroyer: THORBUSTER

ThorBuster.jpg

As Destroyer is right now I can't see SSC making a 1:2 scale, but depending on how its depicted in the film, if it goes over well amongst the general public I don't see them being opposed to one. Wouldn't be the first time a company bet on a film before the public has seen it.

if memory serves, yeah. he was always this world ending type being. mega powerful. kinda like DC's Doomsday/ i think the Celestial tie-in was fairly recent tho. decade ago. Earth X stuff

Actually the Destroyer was built to fight the Celestials long before Earth X came onto the scene. Odin had the armor built and then took it to each godly pantheon for a portion of their power making the Destroyer virtually all powerful. Thor has never really been able to defeat the Destroyer in combat and has been force to get the life force out of the armor or BFR to win.

Back