dedguy's stuffs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be more interested in doing an Ilsa Haupstein, but I'm not sure where to find anything even approaching a correct head sculpt or a female nazi uniform. I think Rasputin would be equally hard, especially if I did a pre-Hellboy version... which is what I'd want to do. So at least for now, probably not.

Got my Koroshiya Ichi figure awhile back but hadn't posted any pics of it since the body suit had started to crumble. It was a Super Festival Exclusive back in 1999 so it's pretty old, I guess it's to be expected. I replaced the body suit with a Triad wetsuit. I'm also planning on replacing the old-style Medicom body with one of the new ones which is on it's way to me now.

On a side note, damn are the Triad wetsuits tight. I had trouble getting it on this thin small Medicom body. I can't imagine trying to squeeze a Hot Toys True Type or something into it.

I have been searching for this figure since like 2001, I never thought I'd find one. In some ways I'm very impressed with it and in a few ways I'm disappointed. Mostly I was disappointed in the body and the crumbling under suit. I was impressed by the great face sculpts (in particular the crying one which I love) and the lynch pin in the shoe with the blade retracted. You see in the manga, unlike the movie, Ichi has to pull this lynch pin out of his shoe in order to allow the blade to extend. It's a nice unexpected detail.

2547009652_c76426c15b_o.png

2546186375_35a980c505_o.png

2546185745_879fb0ebb3_o.png

2546185265_44ab348a66_o.png

That crying sculpt is great looking... bummer about the suit though. Although my guess is you'll end up with a cooler looking figure once its all said and done.

Some more pics of Ichi. I fixed his shin guards my moving them higher on the leg so the knee pad actually lines up with the knee. Was kind of a ^^^^^ as they are very tight. I had to heat them up with a dryer to get them on. Also trimmed the arms a little shorter so that the sleeves weren't so long.

These are pretty much the most dynamic poses I can get out of the old-style Medicom body. Hopefully I can get some cooler poses with the new body I have coming.

2552039067_c77a57e97f_o.png

2552859990_82bca8acd6_o.png

2552861074_57defbc2e7_o.png

This is the suit that came with Ichi. It looked perfectly fine until I moved any of the limbs (as it was purchased MIB). This is why all the damage pretty much appears on the arms and legs.

2552040109_42376d58a2_o.png

I was bashing a soldier to go with my Bertie a few months before he came out. I had gotten as far as:

2407261140_4dbec3a999_o.jpg

I decided though to depart a bit from just a normal soldier and do something a bit more interesting. Besides, that OD really wasn't jiving with he Desert Rat look.

I sketched this up real fast as the sort of thing I might do.
2621179893_e92e2a65b2_o.png

Then sketching a few helmet designs I settled on doing something that echoed Bertie's design:
2621344905_7a3ab0b835.jpg

And I sculpted up a helmet. I left it pretty rough as I think that works with the look I'm going for. The "paint" on the helmet and weatherng is all just a quick mockup to get an idea of what it will look like. The helmet currenty is still just grey. I need to find/make a cape... or maybe I'll just settle with a scarf. Oh and I'm also planning on adding a leather flap on the back of the helmet and probably a chin strap.

2622623993_c12fdb4db6_o.png

Okay, so I made some mistakes in sculpting the helmet, namely not leaving enough room between the head and the helmet so when I started to add the leather bits and tried to stick it back on his head the helmet cracked, pretty bad. So I'm going to be redoing it. I'm going to take this chance to incorporate some ideas I had.

I wanted to incorporate an breathing system for dust storms and the like so I designed a removable lower jaw type piece that attaches to the helmet. The helmet then attaches via the back to an oxygen tank worn on the back. Didn't draw the back of the helmet, but the idea would be to have the tube attaching to the base of the helmet at the back and then attaching to a oxygen tank worn at the waist to give it a sort of spinal column look.

I also removed the extra teeth lines to give it an even more abstract appearance. I wanted to move as far from looking like a skull as possible while still maintaing the idea of a skull.

2628579894_278fa5aeda_o.png

Obviously need paint, the paper replaced with leather, and the tubes added to the front. I also still need to make the gas tank to connect to the back.

2629095301_bd2eb3d5fd_o.png

2629920312_13d4dfa563_o.png

2629922104_47ae1cabaa_o.png

2629102757_3189688c9b_o.png

I figured out the tubing problem. I'll be finishing the helmet this weekend hopefully.

Rock on man... you might want to cast this guy, I wouldn't mind having one in my collection.

If someone wants to make casts I may take another wack at it to further refine the design. I don't have the skill, knowledge or materials to do castings. Also the helmet is a bit involved with rubber tubing and brass fittings. I'm not sure how well the brass fittings would work as casting. Maybe if I do take another wack at it I'll do a version that's not as complicated and more caster-friendly.

Some recent stuffs

Baroness kitbash
-CG Midori body
-Triad head from S1 body
-DiD German glasses
-CobraStickers.com sticker
-CG Midori hands
-Triad Bare-n-less set (sans boots)
-CG Electra boots combined with CG Jet boots
-Belts, holsters, and what not from Battle Gear Toys and ARE
-Hot Toys Dragunov rifle, unknown mini-Uzi, Dragon Luger

2812046602_bbef544547_b.jpg

2816384390_2bd892a0f7_b.jpg

2816384934_79b1cd1b1b_b.jpg

2816385376_6d245922a5_b.jpg

Also replaced the coat on my Kroenen (had been Spike's coat and he wanted it back) with a leather greatcoat. It has heavy foil and wire for posability.
2815535979_68cf340155_b.jpg

Back