dedguy's stuffs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figure it about time I started to consolidate all my bashes into one thread. To start things off my in progress Hellboy.

Please feel free to visit my flickr to check out my other collection photos, kitbashes, and artwork.

I'm currently waiting on the rest of the parts from a friend. Once I get those and modify the head and hands to fit onto the ACE body it's going to be shipped off to the masterful Kuato who offered to do the paint work for me. I'm very much looking forward to that as he's a damn good painter.

So far I basically have only modded the coat by places two strands of 22ga wire (twisted together) into the seams of the coat. Allows not only great "action" poseability but a significant improvement to just natural hanging of the coat.

2499717675_ab0f666c06_o.png

2503129257_a63ba850f2_o.png

2503960626_418a08b32e_o.png

2503130545_0c8b3b64d7_o.png

2503131177_4bffd2d323_o.png

I can't wait to see the final version of your Hellboy, the poses and that coat will look great

SpawnFan: are you being serious?

chapuchi: thanks. I'm starting to freak out a bit about trying to get the RHoD onto the ACE body.

I think I'm going to have to make a holster from scratch for the Samaritan. The damn plastic holster just won't do and I don't think there's anything out there that's big enough.

Well actually I was lol, I thought the head strikes a resemblance to Deckard and since Hellboy is a big red dude with an enormous right hand.....

So you are glue-ing a right hand of Doom and Hellboy head onto it or something?

Man, i've said it before and i'll say it again, This is shaping out to be AWESOME!!, Honored to be involved dedguy.
Thanks for the link to your photos, awesome work
Chris

SpawnFan: I don't want to come off as a jerk but... read my first post. I outlined the plan there.

Kuato: Right back at you. This should be great fun.

Can't wait to see it, after your wonderful Kroenen, now he's gonna be in serious trouble. BTW what are you gonna keep and what you gonna through away with the SST Hellboy ?

I think the holster and maybe the pouches are not going to me used. Other than the body I think everything else will be used in the end.

So you gonna put the tails back and the head+neck or just the head ?
Hope you'll show the wip about the stone hand.

So you gonna put the tails back and the head+neck or just the head ?
Hope you'll show the wip about the stone hand.

Yes to the tail, not the neck. I plan on grafting it onto an ACE neck in the same way I did with my SS "Vampyre". The stone hand is probably going to be the hardest to attach. I have done something similar before but all the same I'm not looking forward to hacking up an ACE body.

I should have Abe done about the same time as Hellboy. He's going to have a painted body by Kuato as well. Ignore the dusty head and broken belt. My Abe has seen better days and I have a new one coming from ebay, you can get them pretty cheap.

The Hot Toys body seems about perfect scale a proportion for Abe when compared to Hellboy on an ACE body. It's just a little shorter and slimmer.

2520244358_f8dcb7b972_o.png

2520244748_4cd0851329_o.png

Since I have extra Abe parts as I'm buying a second to replace the jacked up parts of the old one I have (it's on it's way, should be here mid-late next week) I'm experimenting with how to adapt the hands. I'd like to keep the HT wrist joint and I'd also like the style of the arms to match the style of the legs (painted HT body not sculpted arms as on the SS original). So I chopped off the hand and created a socket for the HT wrist peg using a variety of methods. I learned a bunch doing this and the final product would likely be better.

All that said, what do you guys think? Should I do this or just stick with grafting the SS arms more or less intact onto the HT body? Oddly I think doing this method (separate hands with wrist articulation) would be less work.

2521048821_d2cb3a365c_o.png

2521868466_4a9633e884_o.png

You did a good job of mimicking the shape of the HT hands around the wrist peg and you get added articulation, so I say stick with this method.

Stick with what your doing, i really like the look of it, i guess if you make the hole for the peg smalland heat up the hand with a hairdryer you can get a really tight fit.

Ive been thinking about doing this sort of thing with my Mace Windu as i really prefer the hand that come with the sideshow fig. A little tutorial would be cool.

Abe look really good on the ht body, i reckon i should grab one of these while hes at a good price.

Your going to have a cool Hellboy gang

I can't remember if the Abe forearms are sculpted or not... if they were I'd suggest doing the same with it (dremmeling) to fit on the HT body, if its not specifically sculpted for Abe then I'd just leave it as is since it looks good.

Abe has sculpted arms. Here's a pic from Crawford's review:

review_abes_5.jpg

I also should note when I took off the wetsuit on my Abe the hips literally crumbled in my hands. I didn't really care as I'd be tearing him apart anyway but that was a little worrisome.

Back