Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low ES doesn’t mean a better statue, just as a high ES doesn’t mean a worse statue :lecture

True, but when a fairly popular character (that has never been released before in 1/4 scale) like Deathstroke has such a low overall ES, it's easy to see why. You can go through this whole thread and count with your fingers (on probably one hand) how many members here actually love this PF as is. There are numerous members here that don't like this piece. That's not my opinion. That's a fact. Anyone who has spent any time in this thread knows this to be true.

True, but when a fairly popular character (that has never been released before in 1/4 scale) like Deathstroke has such a low overall ES, it's easy to see why. You can go through this whole thread and count with your fingers (on probably one hand) how many members here actually love this PF as is. There are numerous members here that don't like this piece. That's not my opinion. That's a fact. Anyone who has spent any time in this thread knows this to be true.

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in the meetings. The statue and line choices have been questionable AF lately

On the other hand Lex Luthor and Sinestro has the same es as this and are more iconic villains in DC. Lex Luthor ex is still in stock and Cheetah ex sold out before him. There’s 7500 total classic Superman pfs and they can’t sell 500 exclusive Lex Luthor who is his main villain. Most collectors just don’t read comics. Batman family, main Justice League members and females are what sells for DC.

On the other hand Lex Luthor and Sinestro has the same es as this and are more iconic villains in DC. Lex Luthor ex is still in stock and Cheetah ex sold out before him. There’s 7500 total classic Superman pfs and they can’t sell 500 exclusive Lex Luthor who is his main villain. Most collectors just don’t read comics. Batman family, main Justice League members and females are what sells for DC.

Deathstroke is more popular than Lex/Sinestro and even though he's originally a Titans villain, he's viewed as more of a Bats villain of late. Hell, he was supposed to be the main villain in the next Bats movie until Matt Reeves took over the franchise. The character was casted and ready to go when Affleck was directing the upcoming Bat flick. Not to mention Deathstroke is popular enough to carry his own monthly book. None of the other characters you mentioned are nearly popular enough to do the same.

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in the meetings. The statue and line choices have been questionable AF lately

I have no idea what to expect from sideshow anymore. When a PF was announced before you hoped the portrait and the pose looked good so you can add a PF to your collection. I'm not even excited by sneaks or partial previews anymore because I'm dreading what the costumes are going to look like first and foremost nowadays. Sideshow has sucked all the fun and excitement out of this hobby for me of late.

Last edited:
My Deathstroke Ex shipped tonight. Should have him in hand next Thursday.

The regular for this piece is supposed to start landing in retail stores over here in Australia on the 13th of March.

IMO that's proof that this piece isn't all that popular as it usually takes 2-3 months for pieces to land after the Sideshow Exclusives ship in the US.

Who cares??? I wanna see some pics of it next to some other DC pieces.

Who cares??? I wanna see some pics of it next to some other DC pieces.

I care and happen to agree with his opinion. You'll get your pics soon enough. No need to jump down another members throat just because he thinks this statue is a fail. Didn't he end up buying this Deathstroker PF anyway? Either way, his POV is every bit as legit as anyone else's in this thread.

I care and happen to agree with his opinion. You'll get your pics soon enough. No need to jump down another members throat just because he thinks this statue is a fail. Didn't he end up buying this Deathstroker PF anyway? Either way, his POV is every bit as legit as anyone else's in this thread.

I'm not jumping down his throat, I just want to see some pics. If any thing Filip, you have been the hate monster on this thread. if someone says they like it you are jumping all over them....

I'm not jumping down his throat, I just want to see some pics. If any thing Filip, you have been the hate monster on this thread. if someone says they like it you are jumping all over them....

I can see where some may think this but I disagree, and enjoy that Flip states his view throughly, not just "hate" and points out valid points of view as someone who bought into a line since the start, 4 years ago now(?)

I, myself, will not make many criticisms as I am not ready to follow it up like Flip has done endless in this thread.

I can see where some may think this but I disagree, and enjoy that Flip states his view throughly, not just "hate" and points out valid points of view as someone who bought into a line since the start, 4 years ago now(?)

I, myself, will not make many criticisms as I am not ready to follow it up like Flip has done endless in this thread.

The Joker PF was released in 2011 or 2012

Show me one post of mine where I jumped down the throat of another collector for buying or liking this PF. As for this PF, my disdain grows for it on a daily basis. Yes, I absolutely HATE it. So what? I'm certainly not the only one and I've clearly listed why I don't like this PF. How is that a problem?

Makes sense, I started to backtrack once my wife saw Harley at the LCS, 3 years ago now.

Yeah, it's been a lot of years and a lot of dollars I've spent on classic DC PFs. The game certainly has changed recently and I'm not at all a big fan of sideshow's new direction with their Marvel or DC PFs.

Filip,

Look, I could care less about this whole thing. BUT, it comes off to me as someone whining. I went and only grabbed a hand full of some of your quotes, I don't have time to go through the thread. To me it just seems like hate, and kind of troll like behavior. I get it, you don't like this statue.... I have nothing more to say I'm glad you have an opinion on this statue and I hope you find the deathstroke of your dreams someday.

[Keep in mind the overall ES on this is low because it sucks. Even with a low ES it won't sell out. Not the EX or the REG. Otherwise, enjoy your statue.

I know this piece will be cheap in the aftermarket because sideshow missed the mark on it completely. That's the reason there's no hype on this Deathstroker PF.

If it was amazing, you wouldn't be able to pick it up on ebay for $100 less.

Honestly, I hope this Deathstroker PF goes down as a colossal financial loss for sideshow. I'm talking break the books kind of financial loss. Full stock rotting in their warehouse until the end of days kind of loss. I hope they can't even give this PF away. I jumped into the DC PF line because of all the classic characters sideshow gave us before the Deathstroker PF was released. I've spent thousands of dollars to have a classic DC lineup. Now, all we're getting is made up sideshowified crap costumes and it's driving me up a wall. I needed only 3 more classic PFs to wrap up my DC collection (Deathstroke, Flash, and Martian Manhunter). Knowing that won't happen now is infuriating. It feels like I've done nothing but waste my time and money with sideshow.

I'm struggling now. There's just no reason for me to buy sideshow merch anymore if they keep doing only modernized/sideshowified costumes. I'd have been better off not buying a single DC PF. I can't complete my classic collection and if I wanted to sell off my DC PFs, I'm looking at a fairly large loss because most of sideshow's PFs don't even hold their value in the aftermarket. Yeah, I guess youHis build isn't slender, it's feminine. Enjoy the PF. Nothing said can ever change how I feel by this PF. I can't ever adequately put into words how gutted I am by this PF. can say I'm a little irate.]

Back