Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a terrible looking made up Deathstroker PF. I absolutely HATE this PF.

Point / counter point - I understand your undying hate, but I like it, pumped to get it in hand. It's heavily influenced by Rebirth, the slender build, with the added armor from the Arkham games, that everyone loved from the Prime 1 piece.

Christopher Priest's current Rebirth run on Deathstroke is just killer. Now going into Deathstroke vs Batman this summer, can't wait!

Point / counter point - I understand your undying hate, but I like it, pumped to get it in hand. It's heavily influenced by Rebirth, the slender build, with the added armor from the Arkham games, that everyone loved from the Prime 1 piece.

Christopher Priest's current Rebirth run on Deathstroke is just killer. Now going into Deathstroke vs Batman this summer, can't wait!

His build isn't slender, it's feminine. Enjoy the PF. Nothing said can ever change how I feel by this PF. I can't ever adequately put into words how gutted I am by this PF.

A very boring statue. The EX makes no sense. A staff in one hand and a sword in the other. Pretty sure you need two hands to wield a staff. Sideshow can’t even be bothered to give him an open hand and swords to go on his back. Prime 1 would have done it.

A very boring statue. The EX makes no sense. A staff in one hand and a sword in the other. Pretty sure you need two hands to wield a staff. Sideshow can’t even be bothered to give him an open hand and swords to go on his back. Prime 1 would have done it.

Absolutely. Prime 1 did it right already with the Arkham Origins Deathstroke. That statue is so damn good that it's mind blowing. However, it is 1/3 scale and some collectors don't want statues that large. Prime 1 is also working on a New 52 Deathstroke and I have no doubt it'll crush this Deathstroker PF. However, I desperately want to add a classic Perez Deathstroke to my collection. A classic Deathstroke PF would just look KILLER if done well but sideshow is obviously unwilling to give us one.

Absolutely. Prime 1 did it right already with the Arkham Origins Deathstroke. That statue is so damn good that it's mind blowing. However, it is 1/3 scale and some collectors don't want statues that large. Prime 1 is also working on a New 52 Deathstroke and I have no doubt it'll crush this Deathstroker PF. However, I desperately want to add a classic Perez Deathstroke to my collection. A classic Deathstroke PF would just look KILLER if done well but sideshow is obviously unwilling to give us one.

Sideshow is content with giving us these half assed EX right now. Usually all you expect is a switch out hand and rarely a switch out portrait. And they are starting to charge more for the exclusive...wtf. ($20 extra for a half assed hand holding a head?). If you want to charge more for the EX at least put in more effort like Prime 1 is doing.

They also couldn't care less about what the customer wants. Not listening to feedback resulting in stock that sits there for ages. Watch this Deathstroke statue be on sale during this year's Spooktacular event.

The problem with sideshow is not the exclusives themselves but the amount of exclusives they are giving. XM and Prime 1 are giving usually 3 different heads, a bunch of arm swap outs, chest plate swap outs, etc. Sideshow gives us 1 exclusive piece and raises there prices when nothing has changed. They refuse to better their product. Their QC is still trash and they also haven’t updated their shipping methods so the boxes can withstand more impact. I’ve never had a broken XM statue. Maybe that is just luck I don’t know but when I open that box, the statue is so secure. It looks like it never budged. Sorry didn’t mean to crap on sideshow, I just pre ordered a bunch of statues recently from them and have thanos as well but I just wish they would put more effort into all of their departments. They are on top of the statue companies but that doesn’t mean you remain stagnant. Eventually one of these companies can knock them off and they will be scrambling to get their costumers back. I can tell you now, I would buy more XM statues, if they were more accessible. Prime 1 same applies if they did 1/4 scale pieces more. You get more for your money with these companies and don’t have to worry about QC. Sorry about the rant lol

Sideshow is content with giving us these half assed EX right now. Usually all you expect is a switch out hand and rarely a switch out portrait. And they are starting to charge more for the exclusive...wtf. ($20 extra for a half assed hand holding a head?). If you want to charge more for the EX at least put in more effort like Prime 1 is doing.

They also couldn't care less about what the customer wants. Not listening to feedback resulting in stock that sits there for ages. Watch this Deathstroke statue be on sale during this year's Spooktacular event.

Honestly, I hope this Deathstroker PF goes down as a colossal financial loss for sideshow. I'm talking break the books kind of financial loss. Full stock rotting in their warehouse until the end of days kind of loss. I hope they can't even give this PF away. I jumped into the DC PF line because of all the classic characters sideshow gave us before the Deathstroker PF was released. I've spent thousands of dollars to have a classic DC lineup. Now, all we're getting is made up sideshowified crap costumes and it's driving me up a wall. I needed only 3 more classic PFs to wrap up my DC collection (Deathstroke, Flash, and Martian Manhunter). Knowing that won't happen now is infuriating. It feels like I've done nothing but waste my time and money with sideshow.

Honestly, I hope this Deathstroker PF goes down as a colossal financial loss for sideshow. I'm talking break the books kind of financial loss. Full stock rotting in their warehouse until the end of days kind of loss. I hope they can't even give this PF away. I jumped into the DC PF line because of all the classic characters sideshow gave us before the Deathstroker PF was released. I've spent thousands of dollars to have a classic DC lineup. Now, all we're getting is made up sideshowified crap costumes and it's driving me up a wall. I needed only 3 more classic PFs to wrap up my DC collection (Deathstroke, Flash, and Martian Manhunter). Knowing that won't happen now is infuriating. It feels like I've done nothing but waste my time and money with sideshow.

You seem a little upset :)

Actually, I'd be bummed if I were you as well. This Deathstroke is bad and still no Martian Manhunter yet. I will say that the Prime 1 New 52 Flash is pretty close to the Flash we all know and love so that might be a good option for you (I have it on order and can't wait).

The problem with sideshow is not the exclusives themselves but the amount of exclusives they are giving. XM and Prime 1 are giving usually 3 different heads, a bunch of arm swap outs, chest plate swap outs, etc. Sideshow gives us 1 exclusive piece and raises there prices when nothing has changed. They refuse to better their product. Their QC is still trash and they also haven’t updated their shipping methods so the boxes can withstand more impact. I’ve never had a broken XM statue. Maybe that is just luck I don’t know but when I open that box, the statue is so secure. It looks like it never budged. Sorry didn’t mean to crap on sideshow, I just pre ordered a bunch of statues recently from them and have thanos as well but I just wish they would put more effort into all of their departments. They are on top of the statue companies but that doesn’t mean you remain stagnant. Eventually one of these companies can knock them off and they will be scrambling to get their costumers back. I can tell you now, I would buy more XM statues, if they were more accessible. Prime 1 same applies if they did 1/4 scale pieces more. You get more for your money with these companies and don’t have to worry about QC. Sorry about the rant lol

It's not a rant or SSC bashing, it's simply the truth lol, unfortunately for SCC.

I share the same feeling, SSC clearly holds a monopoly for certain regions of the world and they know it (due to licensing etc.) and it clearly shows in their lack of care on many fronts as you've noted especially when it comes to customer concerns and complaints (ie. other companies receive feedback and they will go back and remodel an entire statue just to make sure they get it right and based on customer feedback whereas SSC is content on their monopoly and are very aware of their status in the market and will ignore everyone. This always goes back to the whole "speak with your wallet" strategy but regardless of complaints (especially recently with pricing) they keep selling out so SSC doesn't have to change.

It's not a rant or SSC bashing, it's simply the truth lol, unfortunately for SCC.

I share the same feeling, SSC clearly holds a monopoly for certain regions of the world and they know it (due to licensing etc.) and it clearly shows in their lack of care on many fronts as you've noted especially when it comes to customer concerns and complaints (ie. other companies receive feedback and they will go back and remodel an entire statue just to make sure they get it right and based on customer feedback whereas SSC is content on their monopoly and are very aware of their status in the market and will ignore everyone. This always goes back to the whole "speak with your wallet" strategy but regardless of complaints (especially recently with pricing) they keep selling out so SSC doesn't have to change.

To be fair, they did go back and make changes to Magneto, but of course that resulted in its change to maquette, and a higher price than expected.

To be fair, they did go back and make changes to Magneto, but of course that resulted in its change to maquette, and a higher price than expected.

Not only that, they made changes no one asked for (the base).

Last edited:
You seem a little upset :)

Actually, I'd be bummed if I were you as well. This Deathstroke is bad and still no Martian Manhunter yet. I will say that the Prime 1 New 52 Flash is pretty close to the Flash we all know and love so that might be a good option for you (I have it on order and can't wait).

I'm struggling now. There's just no reason for me to buy sideshow merch anymore if they keep doing only modernized/sideshowified costumes. I'd have been better off not buying a single DC PF. I can't complete my classic collection and if I wanted to sell off my DC PFs, I'm looking at a fairly large loss because most of sideshow's PFs don't even hold their value in the aftermarket. Yeah, I guess you can say I'm a little irate.

Back