Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While some might appreciate Sideshow's own take on the design, this would be the minority and Sideshow realized it, otherwise the ES for such a beloved character won't be this low.

Sinestro and Lex Luthor es are the same as this and their costumes are pretty faithful and I would argue are better villains tier wise in DC than Deathstroke. So I don't think the es for this bothers Sideshow. It also has to do to people just wanting to collect Batman villains from the DC and are Batman fans and not really DC universe fans.

Sinestro and Lex Luthor es are the same as this and their costumes are pretty faithful and I would argue are better villains tier wise in DC than Deathstroke. So I don't think the es for this bothers Sideshow. It also has to do to people just wanting to collect Batman villains from the DC and are Batman fans and not really DC universe fans.

Yeah but IMO, Better doesn't always mean popular, and even if we say that Luthor and Sinestro are,objectively, better villains/characters, it's undeniable that Deathstroke has equaled if not surpassed their popularity throughout the years. Besides, Sideshow also labeled Slade as a part of their Batman Rogues line, and under that same line, Killer Croc has more ES count by a total of 500 units (EX and Reg combined) compared to Deathstroke. I would have wondered in a different way if the ES was already announced on Day 1, but I think it took long enough for Sideshow to realize that orders are slow before the ES announcement and deciding to go lower than the numbers they thought of selling.

I believe Killer Croc's es was announced day one and he also had double reward points. A lot of collectors don't read and just know these characters from the cartoons and live action tv shows. A lot of them first heard of Deathstroke from Arrow and the Arkham games. Also people are loving the new made up costume of the new Wolverine pf so this will only encourage more made up costumes. A lot of them are the ones that hate the Batman lsf costume but like Wolverine's.

Not a ton of people in their 20s and younger can afford to buy a $400-$600 statue, at least not yet. Most of them might even have to ask for or get some funds from their allowance to purchase a $30 action figure of Deathstroke that's not George Perez-designed. Also, "classic" doesn't always mean the character's first and oldest look. It's the look that lasted for many years (decades, even), without or at least just minor revisions. Batman's blue/grey/yellow oval suit wasn't his first suit, but it was his look for almost half of his 78-year existence. At least 2 generations of readers and collectors grew up with that look.

So I am trying to play devils advocate here cause I here a lot of pretentious whining. It's true that middle aged and above, men are the majority of buyers for these PF statues. Thus why I said it is an age thing, where younger collectors might not care to much about so called "classic costumes", which is an opinion. Unless they are thinking about flipping. Also Side Show never states that the DC line is a "classic line". Batman modern PF is more a classic costume to me then the grey and black.

Lets look at the two pics below. SS DS has up to date leather armor. Combat boots instead of silly pirate boots (They look like disco boots, lmao). Updated gloves and chest armor. That's really the only difference. Still has his gun to his side the colors are very similar and the portrait is "Classic".

The great thing is you guys or gals are entitled to your opinion and so am I and I think it is awesome. I will be purchasing this, the question is when to purchase. Will be waiting for a sale or something after it starts shipping.

ds sideshow.jpgds perez.jpg

How'd you get from difference of opinion to constipation?
I just don't see how those two relate.
Because opinions are like farts. It's a joke... Bah. :monkey4

If they just gave us his classic costume first, then they can release whatever version of Deathstroke they want afterwards (including this Deathstroker PF).
Sideshow be like:
"But Deathstroke is no Wolverine. Get your priorities straight, superhero fans!"

So I am trying to play devils advocate here cause I here a lot of pretentious whining. It's true that middle aged and above, men are the majority of buyers for these PF statues. Thus why I said it is an age thing, where younger collectors might not care to much about so called "classic costumes", which is an opinion. Unless they are thinking about flipping. Also Side Show never states that the DC line is a "classic line". Batman modern PF is more a classic costume to me then the grey and black.

Lets look at the two pics below. SS DS has up to date leather armor. Combat boots instead of silly pirate boots (They look like disco boots, lmao). Updated gloves and chest armor. That's really the only difference. Still has his gun to his side the colors are very similar and the portrait is "Classic".

The great thing is you guys or gals are entitled to your opinion and so am I and I think it is awesome. I will be purchasing this, the question is when to purchase. Will be waiting for a sale or something after it starts shipping.

I stopped reading at "pretentious whining".

Huge DS fan here trying to convince myself to get this piece. I don't care if its classic, New 52 or a SS modern, just give me a good looking of death stroke.

This legit looks like a cosplay death stroke. I hate everything about it, especially the knee pads and belt.

Mm hmmm ...You are in your own world there. That must be the joke.
Wow, you're one sad person... I've tried tho. :(
To the ignore list you go then. Don't let the enteric germs bite. :wave

I hate everything about it, especially the knee pads and belt.
Now that you mention it... they do look tiny and out of place.
No pads and a bigger belt would make so much more sense.
Too bad it's too late to suggest anything to SSC at this point.
Not that they'd listen anyway... :monkey2

I believe Killer Croc's es was announced day one and he also had double reward points. A lot of collectors don't read and just know these characters from the cartoons and live action tv shows. A lot of them first heard of Deathstroke from Arrow and the Arkham games. Also people are loving the new made up costume of the new Wolverine pf so this will only encourage more made up costumes. A lot of them are the ones that hate the Batman lsf costume but like Wolverine's.

I just saw the new Wolverine PF and I think it's a redesign done right. Personally I would've made the gloves longer, but I like the interpretation overall. The iconic tiger stripes are there, and the boots was modernized yet it carries the silhouette of the classic boots with wide fins on the legs. Pair those things with very good sculpt and pose, and it would tempt even some of the purists. And IMO, that new Wolverine PF is well-sculpted. Great anatomy, generic pose maybe but works for the character, and IMO the best 1/4 portrait of Logan so far, particularly the masked. Another modernized SSC interpretation I liked is their new Thanos.

Personally, my nitpicks on the Legendary Scale Batman are the bright-colored belt (easy fix), and the shoe laces. I like the idea of shin guard over boots similar to the Arkham Asylum/City suit -- I think SSC even got the better shin guards as they are shaped like Batman's comic boots with pointed tips -- but the shoe laces for me don't look good. Pose could have been much better as well, same with the base.

As for Deathstroke, if Sideshow worried that some people might find the pirate boots corny for 2017, they could have used armors or gaiters that would create the same silhouette as a pirate boot's upper, like how it was done for modern Captain America. No switch-out arms with gun/rifle? Perhaps a more imposing physique (let's cut the "Deathstroke moves fast so he should be more athletic!" excuse since these characters are from comics anyway LOL)? No bandolier.

I think it's not modernization/interpretation per se that's the problem. It's how it's done. Add lines and details here and there maybe, but make sure they look good and not just added for detail's sake, and retain the iconic shapes and silhouettes. Then make sure the sculpt and pose would complement those creative liberties taken :)

I just saw the new Wolverine PF and I think it's a redesign done right. Personally I would've made the gloves longer, but I like the interpretation overall. The iconic tiger stripes are there, and the boots was modernized yet it carries the silhouette of the classic boots with wide fins on the legs. Pair those things with very good sculpt and pose, and it would tempt even some of the purists. And IMO, that new Wolverine PF is well-sculpted. Great anatomy, generic pose maybe but works for the character, and IMO the best 1/4 portrait of Logan so far, particularly the masked. Another modernized SSC interpretation I liked is their new Thanos.

Personally, my nitpicks on the Legendary Scale Batman are the bright-colored belt (easy fix), and the shoe laces. I like the idea of shin guard over boots similar to the Arkham Asylum/City suit -- I think SSC even got the better shin guards as they are shaped like Batman's comic boots with pointed tips -- but the shoe laces for me don't look good. Pose could have been much better as well, same with the base.

As for Deathstroke, if Sideshow worried that some people might find the pirate boots corny for 2017, they could have used armors or gaiters that would create the same silhouette as a pirate boot's upper, like how it was done for modern Captain America. No switch-out arms with gun/rifle? Perhaps a more imposing physique (let's cut the "Deathstroke moves fast so he should be more athletic!" excuse since these characters are from comics anyway LOL)? No bandolier.

I think it's not modernization/interpretation per se that's the problem. It's how it's done. Add lines and details here and there maybe, but make sure they look good and not just added for detail's sake, and retain the iconic shapes and silhouettes. Then make sure the sculpt and pose would complement those creative liberties taken :)

Very well said!

View attachment 369661View attachment 369662
First pic=crap. Second pic=greatness! Labeling anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view a pretentious whiner=LAME!

Trust me BR, if this was a classic Perez Deathstroke, it would've sold more units. Look at P1. Their AO Deathstroke sold more units and it a video game version that costs a lot more and is in a less desirable scale. Bottom line, sideshow blew it when it came to this Deathstroker PF.

That's hit or miss on the made up costumes BR. Mags and Deathstroker got pretty much ripped to shreds on the boards.

Huge DS fan here trying to convince myself to get this piece. I don't care if its classic, New 52 or a SS modern, just give me a good looking of death stroke.

This legit looks like a cosplay death stroke. I hate everything about it, especially the knee pads and belt.

:exactly: Well said! I'm sure there's someone walking around at NYCC that looks just like this Deathstroker PF. :lol

On a side note. Hold out for the Prime 1 Deathstroke. They teased a New 52 Deathstroke a little while ago. It may be right up your alley. It certainly can't be as bad as the Deathsroker PF. Someone who just wants to add a good looking 1/4 Deathstroke to their collection will have another option if they are willing to wait.

Spot on HM! Pirate boots aren't a problem though. Cap has been wearing them forever and it looks great on him. The first Cap PF looks awesome (just wasn't crazy about the mixed media on it). So many newbies complain about pirate boots and the underwear over the costumes, however the first Cap PF sells for major $$$ in the aftermarket and the classic and modern Bats PF sold 11,500 units. Classic versions sell and are in great demand, no matter how many peeps are overly sensitive to that fact.

Last edited:
I find this to be a decent looking Deathstroke. There's many incarnations of him. I feel many different artist have given him different looks, especially in the last few years. Would an original have looked better? Yes. But I don't mind this one. My problem with it is the lack of accessories. He should have multiple blades and guns. Also, how did they not make alternate heads for this piece? I would have loved an unmasked Slade head. Still tempted, but will hold out.

I find this to be a decent looking Deathstroke. There's many incarnations of him. I feel many different artist have given him different looks, especially in the last few years. Would an original have looked better? Yes. But I don't mind this one. My problem with it is the lack of accessories. He should have multiple blades and guns. Also, how did they not make alternate heads for this piece? I would have loved an unmasked Slade head. Still tempted, but will hold out.

Wait it out. Like I said in an earlier post. Prime 1 is releasing a 1/4 New 52 Deathstroke. I have no doubt it'll look much better than this cosplaying PF.

Back