DEADPOOL MOVIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fox is like:

"Wait, can we really get a huge box office without the child rape lawsuits, WIN?"

Singer no more.

:lol

Yeah, that's probably how the conversation is going. The traditional X-Men movies are money makers. Just because something else does better (with a sample size of 1), doesn't mean you throw out the other stuff that succeeded.

I'm actually a bit more concerned about the lesson WB is taking from this. So far, with the current DC "film universe," we've seen them doing very little that is original. The tone is right out of the Nolan films. The team strategy is an accelerated version of what Marvel Studios is doing. The focus is squarely on Batman--the no-brainer move. And the action is right out of the most recent Call of Duty game or whatever. They excel at aping others. So, I would bet heavy money that now they're going to attempt a "light and humorous" comic book movie. There are lots of franchises they could pursue with that approach--Lobo, Blue Beetle/Booster, a full JLI movie, Ambush Bug, Captain Carrot, Bat-Mite and Mxyzptlk, Plastic Man, Metal Men, even the Doom Patrol or Shazam. But will it be good, and feel fresh? Or will it be Green Lantern 2.0?. . .

Yeah, that's probably how the conversation is going. The traditional X-Men movies are money makers. Just because something else does better (with a sample size of 1), doesn't mean you throw out the other stuff that succeeded.

I'm actually a bit more concerned about the lesson WB is taking from this. So far, with the current DC "film universe," we've seen them doing very little that is original. The tone is right out of the Nolan films. The team strategy is an accelerated version of what Marvel Studios is doing. The focus is squarely on Batman--the no-brainer move. And the action is right out of the most recent Call of Duty game or whatever. They excel at aping others. So, I would bet heavy money that now they're going to attempt a "light and humorous" comic book movie. There are lots of franchises they could pursue with that approach--Lobo, Blue Beetle/Booster, a full JLI movie, Ambush Bug, Captain Carrot, Bat-Mite and Mxyzptlk, Plastic Man, Metal Men, even the Doom Patrol or Shazam. But will it be good, and feel fresh? Or will it be Green Lantern 2.0?. . .

I'm sure they're feverishly CGI-ing in a bunch of **** bullet hole shots into Suicide Squad as we speak.

I'm actually a bit more concerned about the lesson WB is taking from this. So far, with the current DC "film universe," we've seen them doing very little that is original. The tone is right out of the Nolan films. The team strategy is an accelerated version of what Marvel Studios is doing. .

Careful......all those believing DC is bringing something fresh and original might disagree and...:panic:

Well I think Suicide Squad looks very cool and novel in its way, even if it's a spiritual successor to the Nolan films. Snyder. . .well, when his creativity equates to Sucker Punch, maybe it's best that he sticks to note-for-note remakes like 300, Watchmen, etc.

Re: DEADPOOL MOVIEs re

Finally took the time to see it.
Tone was refreshing, violence, fun, f bombs.
But that was it.
Story is generic, once the opening action sequence done (lasting for 30mins thanks to clever editing, and being well put together because it was ready for years in previz and storyboards form) the action is uninteresting and not well done, shot (Snyder still the best at readable super hero fights)
And its not a budget thing, Tim Miller probably has done **** on that opening sequence wich is probably the work of some of the great guys working for him at Blur.
I would have done without the love story too.
Still now that its a hit,that the origin/love story is done and they Will have carte blanche for the next one im interested to see What they Will do.

Deadpool War 1 and 2 just got greenlit.

Yeahs it'd be way too premature to abandon everything and shift focus because of ones movies success, and just because Deadpool struck a chord with audiences when comic accurate doesn't mean all would.

I think the success is largely to do with his character being so funny, which is a difference from the norm like GOTG was, and unique in approach in that's it's not a safe blockbuster like the rest but almost like an indie that doesn't play by the rules. If you change the rules to make them all like that then it becomes formulaic.

It's kinda like cause and correlation. It wasn't comic accuracy that made it succeed it was the uniqueness of Deadpool the character and how it was different from most in tone and language and violence which happen to be comic accurate

Jeezus H:

The film currently sits at $491.9 million in just under two weeks of release. Domestically, Deadpool has now grossed more than any of the X-Men movies (not adjusted for inflation) and is only second to X-Men: Days of Future Past($747.9m) worldwide.

:thud:

And its #3 in opening weekend of all Marvel solo movies.

And #1 in solos that aren't sequels

Marvel Comics Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo

Last edited:
reviewception-548x342.jpg

You know, I'm just here for the comments but... when the conversation has clearly ended and there's nothing else to really bicker about... responding in every single message ain't exactly what I'd call "leaving with my dignity intact". Just my 0.02$...

:clap
You know, I'm just here for the comments but... when the conversation has clearly ended and there's nothing else to really bicker about... responding in every single message ain't exactly what I'd call "leaving with my dignity intact". Just my 0.02$...

That was the smartest post I have read today, besides EVILFACE's funny comments of course. Sir, I tip my hat to you. :clap

Back