DEADPOOL MOVIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His girl in this is a cutie. I liked her in homeland than in gotham.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Except releasing it on Feb 12th.

February is basically dump-your-crapola month for studios. Always has been.

The same could have been said for March just a yew years ago and then the Hunger Games came along and now we've got Batman vs Superman in March. I think Hollywood is finally starting to realize there are 12 months in a year now, not just summer months. Spreading out mega blockbusters means each one of them will be able to take in more money. During the summer, there is practically one every week so you get one weekend to make your money and then see a huge drop off into oblivion. Star Wars could have come out this date (Feb) and done amazing. If the film is good enough, it doesn't matter when its released. People will go see it anytime. I can't think of any movie outside of a holiday one (ie Christmas/Halloween/Valentines) that I feel has to come out a certain time of year to get me to go see it. It just doesn't make financial sense anymore to think certain months are off limits for hits.

I don't think Deadpool is going to be bringing in huge money, but certainly decent money. Being R rated will hurt it, but Deadpool Cosplayers far out number any cosplayers at cons, so he has a huge following. I think a lot of people are underestimating this film and I think its going to open the door for future films. It wouldn't surprise me if it does better than most R rated movies in recent years.

I really really want this to succeed but I'm still going in with lowered expectations because sometimes what works perfectly in comics doesn't mean it will translate to film well. Plus it's fox and while I give the studio major props for giving us an R rating and what seems like reign for the director, unless it has wolverine or X-men in the title, they don't seem to care much. If I get even a decent 7/10 movie, I'll be happy.

My biggest worry however if the movie was to light up the box office would be for fox to go "Huh, we made a bunch of money off this movie. Could you imagine how much more we could have made had this been PG-13? Welp, I know what we're doing for Deadpool 2: Electric Boogaloo"

I mean just look at the bowel movement that was expendables 3.

Wow, that's so cool how creative they are with the Deadpool marketing! The dedication Ryan Renyolds and Fox has to this film in amazing. From what I saw from the trailers, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I hope everyone loves it. I really have to give props to Fox for sticking with their X-Men continuity. I really don't like certain aspects of how they interpret certain characters, but maybe it will be like the comics for me where I can always hop on board when a different creative team comes on if I'm not a fan of a certain interpretation. I really like the Deadpool character so I'm hoping this film does really well.

I really haven't been appreciative enough that superhero movies and tv shows have gotten so popular among the general public. It's pretty amazing! Here's hoping that this will be the greatest year for superhero films and tv shows!

New poster

MkXq23o.jpg

Hahahahaha love this!
The marketing just put unaware bums on seats thinking they are going to see a romantic story.the chicks will flock in droves cause Ryan Reynolds....man are they going to get a huge surprise.lol

I know his main squeeze in the movie has talked about being naked in it a lot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A good friend of mine works in the PR department at Marvel, and just told me that they are receiving an "overwhelming amount of hate mail" today because of the R rating. One of the quotes was "How dare you market a children's character in an adult film".

I can't wait for the stories of unsuspecting parents taking their kids to see "just another Marvel movie" only to run out of their screaming and demanding a refund. LOL

Back