DEADPOOL MOVIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good friend of mine works in the PR department at Marvel, and just told me that they are receiving an "overwhelming amount of hate mail" today because of the R rating. One of the quotes was "How dare you market a children's character in an adult film".

I can't wait for the stories of unsuspecting parents taking their kids to see "just another Marvel movie" only to run out of their screaming and demanding a refund. LOL

Why would they be unsuspecting? It's rated R.

Gina Carano :pray:

NOpe, it will be ryan renolds prothstetic wang.

After all the stink about it needing an R and threats of boycotting if it wasn't :slap

The Internet & Comicbook fans = R rating or nothing!
Everyone else = pg-13 so my 6 yr old can go please.

Again, and I've said it before; YES Deadpool is an 'adult' character. But there ARE kids who only know him from the Spidey cartoons. My son included. If that's your only exposure to him, then I can see why some parents may assume this will be 'just another Marvel movie'. Luckily, I know better. lol

I can see them doing a PG-13/Alternate cut for the blu-ray release though.

Hey - why not, we still haven't gotten a proper Wolverine film yet.

Just put Wade Reynolds in a little sailor's outfit holding a lollypop for two hours while we're at it.

I genuinely hope that fox sticks to their guns and keeps Deadpool rated R and the same goes with any future sequels. I worry that if they give in to this BS, that they'll just say to hell with it and make the sequel PG13.

Deadpool is not a character for kids. Like at all. Yeah, they may shoehorn him into video games and cartoons and the like but that isn't a true representation of the character outside of his humor. It's basically like throwing Vlad the impaler into a Disney movie.

The Internet & Comicbook fans = R rating or nothing!
Everyone else = pg-13 so my 6 yr old can go please.

Again, and I've said it before; YES Deadpool is an 'adult' character. But there ARE kids who only know him from the Spidey cartoons. My son included. If that's your only exposure to him, then I can see why some parents may assume this will be 'just another Marvel movie'. Luckily, I know better. lol

I can see them doing a PG-13/Alternate cut for the blu-ray release though.
This is a double-edged sword of the cartoons being controlled by Marvel proper while the film is controlled by Fox. I feel for folks in this situation you bring up, but I think Fox is making the right financial move by appealing to DP's hardcore fans, and not kids. There are about 5 million other comic movies kids can see, fortunately.

This is a double-edged sword of the cartoons being controlled by Marvel proper while the film is controlled by Fox. I feel for folks in this situation you bring up, but I think Fox is making the right financial move by appealing to DP's hardcore fans, and not kids. There are about 5 million other comic movies kids can see, fortunately.

Oh I agree with you, 100%. Just pointing out that DP HAS been marketed to kids as well - yes a watered down version, but the general public only know what they're fed. So I understand the 'confusion' on some parents part. I've already had the 'NO' talk with my son. lol

Fortunately, there are about 5 million 3D animated films kids can see instead.
Fixed, because most kids don't care about superheroes even remotely as much as comic book geeks and fans so there's no reason to bring the fact that there are more kids friendly superhero films. :)

Who cares if a fifth string character like Deadpool has an R rating? At least the rating is up there for all to see. Compared to PG-13 Batman Returns and The Dark Knight, which were about one of the most popular and kid friendly character's in the world and then turned out to be scary as f--k.

Movie's geared for male viewers so I'm doubtful about Reynolds showing his ass or full frontal, 'graphic nudity' is probably the strip club scene and a raunchy sex scene with Reynolds and Baccarin.

Who cares if a fifth string character like Deadpool has an R rating? At least the rating is up there for all to see. Compared to PG-13 Batman Returns and The Dark Knight, which were about one of the most popular and kid friendly character's in the world and then turned out to be scary as f--k.

:cuckoo:

Second string is more like it. He's as known as the A-listers in pop culture circles, after all there wouldn't have been the huge uproar their was over changing his character in X-Men Origins if he was 5st string and this movie will probably move him up to 1st string like Iron Man did with general people

Last edited:
Is there really some kind of negative response to this R rating? I can't find anything about it except in this thread. :lol

Back