DEADPOOL MOVIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4th wall was a gimmick that was overused. It isn't a very good film but like Team America doesn't matter...

I wasn't expecting much but I must admit I enjoyed it, even the excessive teenage wisecracks. It deserves all the attention it gets.

Oh well, I gave it a 2nd viewing with a friend who doesn't follow cbm at all.

He loved it.

For me it was even worse because the action didn't hold up this time with Deadpool and Ajax going way beyond their fighting powers.

Negasonic was the only one who had a decent heroic moment.

But even worse than the action is this:

I didn't buy into any of Deadpool's revenge mission and his whining and complaining.

He should be THANKING Ajax for saving his life from terminal cancer AND bestowing him with unlimited health, why the **** is he complaining, because he lost his pretty boy looks....boo hoo.

He even ended up with his girlfriend back.

His character arc makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh, and his girlfriend should've never survived that throw from the helicarrier.

I still skip the downright abominations like Fant4stic, but at 6.5 euros per ticket, eh, I give even the mediocre ones a chance.

BvS producers thank you for giving them a chance :lol

4th wall was a gimmick that was overused....

I'll be curious to read the rave reviews about Snyder using the ole CGI gimmick to move the plot along and tell the story vs relying on a solid script and good acting in BvS. Curious how it's overuse will be defended beyond ..."it looked cool" :cuckoo:

two in one thread ..boooya

BvS producers thank you for giving them a chance :lol

I won't be there on opening night truth be told. There's a deadly flu here (300 people have died just in 2 weeks, some of them children) which is expected to keep going until the end of Marc, and considering BvS comes out on the 24th here, I'll be going after a week or two. Plus, I'm not really excited for it (for reasons I won't bring up here because this isn't the BvS thread), so yeah, this falls on my "watch out of obligation, not anticipation" list...

this falls on my "watch out of obligation, not anticipation" list...

Yikes... Keep yourself and family safe. I'll watch the dark, gritty realistic (please) DC movies moreso from obligation then from anticipation as well. unlike DC characters thus far, I found DeadPool character likable. In addition the story, the humor and the action enjoyable enough to warrant a positive experience so chalk up first cbm win of the year for me.

Yikes... Keep yourself and family safe. I'll watch the dark, gritty realistic (please) DC movies moreso from obligation then from anticipation as well. unlike DC characters thus far, I found DeadPool character likable. In addition the story, the humor and the action enjoyable enough to warrant a positive experience so chalk up first cbm win of the year for me.

Thanks mate. Personally, I just can't stand all the pseudo-intellectual BS they're tackling with the "God vs Man" angle. It's tired, done to death, and it doesn't seem like BvS will bring anything new to the table. Add all the "weird" lines like "I thought she was with you" and "You've never met a woman like me" and it doesn't fill me with confidence. The tone is widly different. You're trying to seel me a "thinking" piece (as if Hack Snyder could ever direct something thought provoking) by showing me video-game stages. Please... I'm much more excited for Civil War, Apocalypse and Doctor Strange (being a longtime Strange fan + dat cast = anxious anticipation).

As for Deadpool, opening night was a Thursday here, so I took my chances and thankfully, not a lot of people were there. As a Deadpool fan, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was glad that the humour was more pop-colture oriented than "internet humour" (LOL, boobies, ZOMG and the like). It wasn't high-brow comedy and it relied on childish jokes, but that's why it worked. It was crude, vulgar and I loved it for what it was.

But even worse than the action is this:

I didn't buy into any of Deadpool's revenge mission and his whining and complaining.

He should be THANKING Ajax for saving his life from terminal cancer AND bestowing him with unlimited health, why the **** is he complaining, because he lost his pretty boy looks....boo hoo.

He even ended up with his girlfriend back.

His character arc makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh, and his girlfriend should've never survived that throw from the helicarrier.

The only reason he went through with the treatment was because he thought it would cure his cancer and that he would be a "superhero". It wasn't until he got there that he discovered they were actually creating mutants to sell as slaves. On top of that Francis tortured Wade horribly and when his mutant powers did awaken, he continued torturing him anyway. He also left Wade for dead in their first fight. The disfigurement was just the icing on the cake.

I think he had plenty reasons to seek revenge from all involved, especially Francis.

Big chrome dude walking around and dude gets shanked in the head and is still alive and you question whether or not his girlfriend would survive a throw? Really?

His girl had no powers.

His horrible torture gave him eternal life...well worth it and it makes me not care about his revenge plot especially since he gets the girl in the end anyways.

When was he ever a slave?

Ajax's "horrible" organization never controlled DP to do anything against his will even once.

Like I said, they cured his cancer AND gave him super powers AND he was never their slave!

Yeah, such a horrible organization. :lol

His entire revenge plot makes no sense.

His girl had no powers.

His horrible torture gave him eternal life...well worth it and it makes me not care about his revenge plot especially since he gets the girl in the end anyways.

Ajax's "horrible" organization never controlled DP to do anything against his will even once.

Like I said, they cured his cancer AND gave him super powers AND he was never their slave!

They didn't plan to give him eternal life. His mutant power could have been anything. He was brought there under false pretenses. The only reason he was never sold as a slave was because he escaped before they could put the restraining collar on him and sell him.

For a guy who was already a mercenary and probably already mentally unstable before all of this was done to him, I don't find his motive for revenge that much of a stretch.

Ajax is an all around good guy.

QknnYgh.jpg

The only reason he went through with the treatment was because he thought it would cure his cancer and that he would be a "superhero". It wasn't until he got there that he discovered they were actually creating mutants to sell as slaves. On top of that Francis tortured Wade horribly and when his mutant powers did awaken, he continued torturing him anyway. He also left Wade for dead in their first fight. The disfigurement was just the icing on the cake.

I think he had plenty reasons to seek revenge from all involved, especially Francis.

Big chrome dude walking around and dude gets shanked in the head and is still alive and you question whether or not his girlfriend would survive a throw? Really?

Easy enough to follow the revenge story arc.....people have followed and will follow worse story lines :rotfl

His girl had no powers.

It's because Ajax played a terrible Frank Martin in that terrible The Transporter reboot.

They didn't plan to give him eternal life. His mutant power could have been anything. He was brought there under false pretenses. The only reason he was never sold as a slave was because he escaped before they could put the restraining collar on him and sell him.

For a guy who was already a mercenary and probably already mentally unstable before all of this was done to him, I don't find his motive for revenge that much of a stretch.

How did he even get out from that steel rebar that he was impaled on. :lol

Ajax is an all around good guy.

QknnYgh.jpg

:lol :lol

Rey's arc is a masterpiece of cinema compared to Deadpool's silly angst that makes no freaking sense. :lol

Waaa..Waaa....you saved me from terminal cancer, gave me super powers to live forever, I still got my girl and the X-Men now want to recruit me.

Waaaaa....my life is so horrible I need to seek revenge on who did this to me!

Oh, and the humor sucked. :lol

He wasn't even demented before or after he became DP.

Luke's arc is a masterpiece of cinema compared to Deadpool's silly angst that makes no freaking sense. :lol

Waaa..Waaa....you saved me from terminal cancer, gave me super powers to live forever, I still got my girl and the X-Men now want to recruit me.

Waaaaa....my life is so horrible I need to seek revenge on who did this to me!

Oh, and the humor sucked. :lol

He wasn't even demented before or after he became DP.

Fixed* :monkey3

Admit it, you bought the HT dolly already.

Back