DEADPOOL MOVIE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I laughed pretty hard watching that clip.... my only fear will be way too much CGI, but I don't think they could pull it off any other way.

Reynolds has mannerisms? What? Where?

I'm against him exactly because he's too boring for such a crazy and kinda antsy character.

The CG version captures Deadpool pretty well to me. I don't think Reynolds is such a distinctive talent that he's the only one that could do Deadpool well. If he does get the part, I would expect two, related things: 1) his being maskless a lot; 2) change to the character so he can look like Ryan Reynolds with his mask off.

Reynolds has mannerisms? What? Where?

I'm against him exactly because he's too boring for such a crazy and kinda antsy character.

And I'd argue that that's exactly why he's perfect for the role. He's crazy and antsy as well.

The CG version captures Deadpool pretty well to me. I don't think Reynolds is such a distinctive talent that he's the only one that could do Deadpool well. If he does get the part, I would expect two, related things: 1) his being maskless a lot; 2) change to the character so he can look like Ryan Reynolds with his mask off.

Mimicking someone with CG works because you can motion-capture the actor. Trying to get a stuntman to do the same would not as it would come off as someone trying their best to copy even the most subtle movements.

I definitely agree with karamazov80 that such an entertaining character would be wasted in the Singerverse.
office-space-gif.gif

I have a tough time imagining this as R. They will probably try for a PG-13, but how much of the charm of Deadpool (insane violence is a key ingredient) can remain at that point? We'll see. One thing working in its favor is that the MPAA doesn't treat violence in itself as nearly as important as sexual situations in their rating system.

A censored PG13 movie could work. When he curses too much he gets bleeped , when there's nudity or the violence is too graphic, it gets pixelated, and because Deadpool is a self-aware Looney Tunes character and he knows he's in a film, he can make fun of it, and it can be a running joke. Then when the film comes out on DVD/bluray, we get both the theatrical and the unrated version, with the blood, bad language, nudity..ect..

Imagine if he goes to the MPA ratings system people, and kills them for censoring him and his film :lol

I can't be mad at you for using one of my old stand-by moves, Khev. :lol

tumblr_mmb1hklMJd1r93xiko1_500.gif

A censored PG13 movie could work. When he curses too much he gets bleeped , when there's nudity or the violence is too graphic, it gets pixelated, and because Deadpool is a self-aware Looney Tunes character and he knows he's in a film, he can make fun of it, and it can be a running joke. Then when the film comes out on DVD/bluray, we get both the theatrical and the unrated version, with the blood, bad language, nudity..ect..

I assumed they would do just that with the new RoboCop and they didn't. :gah:

However Fox HAS done that with Wolverine so I could totally see them doing the same with DP.

I can just imagine Deadpool cutting a guy's head off or a guy in the chest and no blood comes out and he's like, "There goes the PG13 rating. Wait..where's the blood? Oh..come on, really fox?" He looks in the guy's chest hole, "Hello, anything in there?" Looks at the camera, "Well, I guess I have to add the Fox executives to my list." Something like that, but better of course.

An actor who can improvise is important in a role like that, because the script can only go so far in certain situations. Imagine Robin Williams playing that character, he doesn't look right, but someone like him could improvise and make the best out of any situation or scene. I don't know if Reynolds is good at improvising.

tumblr_m3ntqeGED01rsyhkto2_500.gif

I can just imagine Deadpool cutting a guy's head off or a guy in the chest and no blood comes out and he's like, "There goes the PG13 rating. Wait..where's the blood? Oh..come on, really fox?" He looks in the guy's chest hole, "Hello, anything in there?" Looks at the camera, "Well, I guess I have to add the Fox executives to my list." Something like that, but better of course.

An actor who can improvise is important in a role like that, because the script can only go so far in certain situations. Imagine Robin Williams playing that character, he doesn't look right, but someone like him could improvise and make the best out of any situation or scene. I don't know if Reynolds is good at improvising.

:exactly: which is why Reynolds has proved over and over that there's no one better to play Deadpool, no one.

Not only he can improvise, he can improvise funny and with the most spot on Deadpool personality, and it comes naturally to him.

Is there any more proof that Reynolds is the perfect Deadpool after seeing the test footage? I'm surprised some people still question his involvement.

Oh, I agree with you on that. And my favorite films in the franchise are also X2 and DOFP, but in fairness, First Class gave us a really restricted, and kind of odd lineup. If they had substituted in the original comic team somehow, and kept everything else pretty much the same, it probably would be at the same level as those other two in my mind.

Yea if they would have went the full reboot route with the original FC team, it probably would have been better than X2 and DOFP, kind of acting as a prequel hurt it a bit.

Back