Dead Space 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets be real honest about people: some need others to help them decide...we have many sheep in society

Well a LOT of the bad feedback was on the consumer level. The nonstop rage on gamefaqs, etc.

Any gamer should know to avoid the anger of a message board fanatic, but constant poor feedback does seep in somewhat.

After my fifth playthrough (I have nothing else new to play), I can say it's a great game. I'd have made some tweaks, sure, but it holds its own in the DS series.

Reading reviews to help decide whether to buy a game isn't being a 'sheep', it's common sense. Obviously you don't buy EVERY game that gets a 9 and avoid EVERY game that gets a 6 or 7, but reviews, particularly video reviews, can help you out and save you money.

Reading reviews to help decide whether to buy a game isn't being a 'sheep', it's common sense.

I don't mean 'help decide' I am talking about the people that read an IGN review (as one example), see an 8/10 and proclaim the game to be garbage at that point

They are out there......that is the type of gamer I hate on, not someone making a well rounded decision

Since I won't get the co-op achievements, I wasn't worried about 1King the game the 'real' way, like I did with 1 and 2.

As a result of that... Devil Horns on hardcore is fun as hell.

While DS3 didn't have a lot of the creep and/or scare factor of the previous two...

Every time I play, the "Papa Sierra" looping broadcast and the resulting "Hide Rosetta" translation creeps me right the hell out. I don't know why, exactly, but something about those broadcasts is one of the grimiest-feeling things in the whole trilogy.

I got this last week for $1 in the Humble Bundle and I think it's my favorite of the 3. It did some really cool ****, starting off, on the Lunar Colony, it feels like a combo of the gameplay from 2 in the sprawl with a touch of Dredd and Blade Runner. Then it feels alot like 1 and 2 where you go back aboard the Ishimura above Tau Volantis. And planetside felt new and original with a touch of The Thing. Just a great and fun experiance, and I even liked the story. The weapon crafting system is the greatest thing since Neil Blomkamp started making sci-fi weapons. I love the advanced Flame Throwers with the directed tips and cannister launchers with flame glaze. This is the first DS where the Flame Thrower is actually effective and can also hold them back away from you rather then just lighting them on fire as they rush right through the flames and grab you.

Anyone wanna do some co-op? I don't have any friends on Origins I just got it for this game and would love to try some of the co-op missions. I'm on PC.

Anyone wanna do some co-op? I don't have any friends on Origins I just got it for this game and would love to try some of the co-op missions. I'm on PC.

Are there any texture mods on the PC for this one?

I loved this game, except for one major issue: they made it a cakewalk......even impossible mode was easy. I never once had to try and due to that, its not memorable

Back