Dead Space 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dead Space 3(?)

LOVE me some Dead Space...finally getting back into DS2 after having it since release date and not playing it. Keep 'em coming!....but take your time and keep the quality high.

Awesome news! Big fan of the series.

Changing it to Gear of Evil I see.

Another co-op rubbish game, and an awsome IP going down the toilet. If I wanted to fight humans with grenades and a machine guns, crouching and probably cover system, id play the butchered RE series or other crap.

Why is it that all great series' get murdered.

Confirmed. It will be shown at E3

Some screenshots have already been leaked.

1Omut.jpg

zaEhR.jpg

EA has confirmed to IGN that Dead Space 3 will be shown during E3 next week. While several leaks have seemingly revealed the existence of the game over the past year, E3 will mark the official unveiling as well as the debut of the first footage.

EA will debut the Dead Space 3 footage at its own conference, which IGN will live stream on Monday, June 4th at 1:00 p.m. PDT. In addition, we'll have the entire Dead Space 3 demo on our IGN Live Show directly from the E3 show floor.

“We’re excited to unveil Dead Space 3 to the world at the EA press conference next week,” EA told us.

While we don’t know many details yet, we do know that the game will allegedly feature co-op and take place on an ice planet. Earlier this week, EA revealed new character John Carver in an animated short, who bears a striking similarity to the game’s rumored co-op partner.

The last numbered installment of the Dead Space franchise was Dead Space 2 in early 2011, but EA confirmed that the series would be a trilogy way back in 2009.

The first rumblings of Dead Space 3 came in the form of leaked footage from an Israeli news show, followed by job listings and retail listings earlier this year. More recently, a logo and the first screenshots appeared online.

This series is so damn cool. I can't wait to play more :rock

Last edited:

It is an ice planet !. Starting to get a Lost planet vibe. Looks cool though , look forward to seeing more.
I hope the horror element it still there , this is looking more like an action game now.

Co-Op gameplay

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj1figkYjC0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj1figkYjC0[/ame]

Trailer

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urs4pZ65Il0[/ame]

Too much talking and quips.

This looks okay. It looks like it lacks that creepy atmosphere that the original had.

This looks okay. It looks like it lacks that creepy atmosphere that the original had.

Yeah, i like the idea of an ice planet, but IMO it should've been a planet without a sun and had the planet perpectually at night time.

The best thing about the Dead Space games are the creepy atmosphere and the dark aesthetic.

Horror in daylight doesn't work :lecture

I for one can't wait for this. I was a tad iffy on it taking place on an ice world (reminded my a bit of The Thing) but I'm over that.

So first of all can you play this game without any form of co-op or AI partner?

If so, Im interested. I like how they are expanding the environments into a more free range of exploration. DS2 couldve done with that.

They MUST keep the horror and psychological aspect of the game which was present in 1 and 2. Action is fine so long as its balanced with plenty of isolation and/or horror/psychological horror.

Im envisiging this sort of like John Carpenters The Thing. The rumours about 'human enemies' being survivors who have starved and turned to eating Necromorphs is very interesting and I like that.

I hope it does have 'The Thing' about it. It would be perfect. I liked DS2 as much as DS1 because it had action, but it was proportionatly balanced, and Isaac could manouveur more fluently.

The crouching could actually work a treat. it could lead to stealthiness in trying to avoid contact with necromorphs. Fight or Flight kind of thing. If they do DS3 in that direction, id be much happier. Co-op could work if its done where you only have certain parts for a few minuets akin to MGS2 with Snake and Raiden for example. That way you could get two single campaigns merged into one.

Still, hesitant that they are doing an RE5/6 on us.

Yeah, i like the idea of an ice planet, but IMO it should've been a planet without a sun and had the planet perpectually at night time.

The best thing about the Dead Space games are the creepy atmosphere and the dark aesthetic.

Horror in daylight doesn't work :lecture

Well, I'll trust them that they got something great cooked up. I have not doubts this will be as good as the first two.

I rather like that they are expanding and evolving to keep things as differant and fresh as possible but still very much the feel of Dead Space. We've already been aboard the Ishimura twice, once in each game, we've seen a space station, we've seen another kinda of large ship with the Marines ship in DS1, it's time to get down on an actual planet. I'm sure there will still be plenty of tight spaces in the facilities, and DS always had sort of a The Thing vibe, so I'm glad they went with a snow/ice planet. I kinda got a GoW vibe too at times when outside but it looks pretty sick, the end of that co-op what amazing, everyone thought it was over only to show Isaac wake up, get sucked into some kind of orifice, snake through intestines into the stomach where he will assumedly destroy it from within. Pretty bad-ass.

I haven't been keeping up too much with this (following games too far out for me gets me too antsy), so 2 quick questions:

Do you have to do co-op, a la RE5? I am not a co-op fan (I don't play online much, and if I do it's just L4D/2), and that's one of the main reasons I didn't play RE5, because I hated the AI co-op.

Is that Ellie in the Youtube shot above? If so, where'd here eye come from - cybernetic?

I haven't been keeping up too much with this (following games too far out for me gets me too antsy), so 2 quick questions:

Do you have to do co-op, a la RE5? I am not a co-op fan (I don't play online much, and if I do it's just L4D/2), and that's one of the main reasons I didn't play RE5, because I hated the AI co-op.

Is that Ellie in the Youtube shot above? If so, where'd here eye come from - cybernetic?

Yeah you can have full single player thank god. Probably cybernetic

Back