Dead Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn this game is gettin alotta buzz fr that trailer

The trailer is really amazing. So I can understand why. As another member mentioned, it's better than a lot of movie trailers. I would love to see movie trailers done like this more often.

nah modern interpretations of zombies are faster since dawn of the dead remake

After seeing Dawn of the Dead (remake) I used to prefer the modern faster zombie over slow and dumb hands down. I thought they posed more of a threat and hence made them a lot "scarier".

Although i have to say that the AMC series The Walking Dead, which uses a more traditional zombie, left me split down the middle. I thought they executed that style better than anything i have seen. Im not sure what style the game is going to use but i suppose im good with it either way.

Awesome trailer too, i look forward to seeing some game play videos when they come out.

What is your point? Just because they company didn't make the trailer doesn't mean they didn't work really closely with Axis Animation to make it.
Meaning they may have might work closely, but I doubt there is any element present in this trailer that really came from the game.

(Unfortunately,) A trailer doesn't make a game... and the gap between them could be gigantic. If graphics look good from the first screenshots, I hope this will be more than just killing a zombie... and the next one, and the next, next, next...

At least, we should have our answer this year :]

It's amazing how much different I look at stuff now that I have kids, than I did, say, 10 years ago. Why would those ____ing idiots leave a child that young alone? WTF was she doing outside of their hotel room alone?! Game looks awesome but the scenario in the trailer sucks. :(:lol

If it looks like a zombie and eats human flesh like a zombie, it's a F'n zombie! :lol:lol:lol

:nono Not zombies. The infected in 28 Days Later weren't dead... or undead.

It's amazing how much different I look at stuff now that I have kids, than I did, say, 10 years ago. Why would those ____ing idiots leave a child that young alone? WTF was she doing outside of their hotel room alone?! Game looks awesome but the scenario in the trailer sucks. :(:lol

They were just diseased people weren't they? That's like calling a cannibal with the flu a zombie :lol

I really hope what happened on 28 days later doesnt actually happen lol. The thought of zombies existings scares me.

I really hope what happened on 28 days later doesnt actually happen lol. The thought of zombies existings scares me.

Even if they did exist you could easily outsmart them and they would die of hunger/thirst in a month or so. I don't think they're smart enough to drink water.. So they would die in under a week then :lol

Meaning they may have might work closely, but I doubt there is any element present in this trailer that really came from the game.

(Unfortunately,) A trailer doesn't make a game... and the gap between them could be gigantic. If graphics look good from the first screenshots, I hope this will be more than just killing a zombie... and the next one, and the next, next, next...

At least, we should have our answer this year :]

Well I would hope that the same themes that are in the trailer will be present in the game. Can't really complain but it is a trailer and I think most people know it is used to generate buzz and interest and it won't be actual game play.

They were just diseased people weren't they? That's like calling a cannibal with the flu a zombie :lol

That's pretty much what they turned into. The creators have actually apologized for using the zombie genre to help promote their film and fully acknowledge that it belongs in the plague genre, not the zombie genre.

Even if they did exist you could easily outsmart them and they would die of hunger/thirst in a month or so. I don't think they're smart enough to drink water.. So they would die in under a week then :lol

Highly doubtful. Common sense is damn near extinct nowadays and the sheer idiocy of people would guarantee it's spread. I've seen claustrophobics run straight into gunfire. Likewise, I've also seen idiots shot and killed because they couldn't just shut the ____ up. With these kind of people populating the earth, while I don't think we're doomed, it'd make something like that harder to fight.

... I've seen claustrophobics run straight into gunfire. Likewise, I've also seen idiots shot and killed because they couldn't just shut the ____ up. With these kind of people populating the earth, while I don't think we're doomed, it'd make something like that harder to fight.

What in God's name do you do for a living?

Whether they were dead (undead) or infected/sick is irrelevant. Their actions and behavior still fit within the definition of a zombie.

zom·bie

one who looks or behaves like an automaton.

:lecture

That's like calling a cannibal with the flu a zombie :lol

No actually it's like calling a zombie, a zombie. :wave

Back