Dead Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed pegi's 18th birthday dammit. Any this trailer is really sad I can't wait to see gamplay ,felt real bad for the girl at the end

I'm just sad that it can't be played as two player at home. I realize that would be hard to do, especially a split screen. That would be very hard. But I would love to play with the better half. Oh well, I'll just have to play with some of you crazies and hope you don't get my a$$ killed. :nana:

I don't think it matters if the trailer shows gameplay or not... we got gameplay videos for that (they will come). The trailer was just a nice lead-in and a way to get people's attention.

Man, having a daughter about that girl's age...the trailer did an excellent job of conveying the absolutely hopelessness of the situation. This game definitely has my attention.

Isn't anyone at all bothered by the fact that zombies are supposed to be slow moving and dimwitted? :lol Probably not since that wouldn't really make the game any fun.

Isn't anyone at all bothered by the fact that zombies are supposed to be slow moving and dimwitted? :lol Probably not since that wouldn't really make the game any fun.

nah modern interpretations of zombies are faster since dawn of the dead remake

I don't think it matters if the trailer shows gameplay or not...

Actually it does because it's been an ongoing problem in the video game industry which led to a lawsuit which is why you see disclaimers now stating what's actual gameplay and what's CGI. Because at one point a lot of companies were simply promoting their games with 100% CGI i.e. not what you'd actually be playing when you bought the game. And in some cases the CGI wasn't even in the game either.

Man, having a daughter about that girl's age...the trailer did an excellent job of conveying the absolutely hopelessness of the situation. This game definitely has my attention.

That's the controversial part. Ben Parfitt of Market for Home Computing and Video Games said "It's a video that uses an image of a dead girl and images of her dying to create an emotional bond with a product."

Isn't anyone at all bothered by the fact that zombies are supposed to be slow moving and dimwitted?

Slow zombies aren't scary anymore (at least to me) after seeing 28 Days Later. :lol:lol:lol

The zombies in Dead Rising were of the slow-moving variety and that game was a blast. And since Dead Island looks to be about 90% similar (from what's seen so far), I could imagine that having slow zeds in the game could still present a challenge if in large numbers.

I like both those games. They are actually what I was going for as far as only being a few.

I don't mind slow zombies in games if they make the games like the original Resident Evil game, survival horror, where you can rarely find ammo.

Newer games where ammo is falling from the sky and it is less scary and more action packed then I am fine with fast moving zombies.

Back