DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Pretty much this, but Black Mask's legs are actually soft enough to morph them into shape just enough to get that right adjustment. While I had no problems keeping BM figure standing, every time I put him on the table and someone bumped it, he'd always fall over. Being the nit-picky person that I am, I got annoyed with that and so I went about heating up the legs and cooling it down and voila! The figure could literally keep standing on its own even when I'm purposely bumping the table he's standing on (the figure even jumped and landed squarely for a second when I pushed the table too hard just to try and make it fall).

Use the hair dryer and heat up the legs for at least 1-2 minutes. Afterwards, you can bend around the knee area and adjust the way his legs are bent. For mine, I bent the right knee and adjusted the plastic around the right ankle so it's straightened out a bit. I also bent the left knee by a small margin just to keep that uniformed look. All of this was done so the right leg doesn't always have to be pushed too far back just to make him stand (originally I had to always push his legs far back just to keep him upright, now he just looks normal the way he's standing).

Once you get the vague position you want, keep those positions nice and firm with your hands and hold them steady. Take them to the nearest tap/faucet and douse the whole figure under cold water. Another alternative to this is to have a big bowl/container with cold water right next to you and you can just dunk him in along with your hands (keeping the figure steady with your hands is essential because otherwise if you let go, the figure might bend back into its original shape). Just to be sure, I put mine in the freezer afterwards for literally 30 minutes to an hour just so it stays with the new position as it cools the figure, down to the last bit of internal plastic in there.

It's pretty easy to do, and in the case of Black Mask's legs (which are very easy to bend around once you've heated them up), it's actually a fun case of trial and error, and a simple matter of choosing what kind of leg stance you want him in. The photos in my review a few pages back already has his legs modified so that gives you an idea on how it looks pretty damn seamless. Not only does it improve the figure's stability, but it actually makes it much more fun to pose him around even with the limited articulation.

@Legion19
If you want I can take a photo of my modded figure from the side, to sort of give you an idea on how his legs were originally positioned in comparison to how it looks now.
Just out of curiosity, not that there's a rush or anything, but how goes the photo reference of your BM'S legs so I can fix my own?

I'm still slackin' compared to most of you guys, but with my holiday hauls I filled some gaps in the collection:

29xyo9j.jpg

Received origins batman and bane, batman and bane 2pack, harley and hammer, and azreal. Merry christmas to me.

The Holidays helped me complete my Arkham Collection, every single figure released! (The two pack Penguin and Harley are displayed elsewhere)

11587982333_b164ee19b6_c.jpg

Really loving this new area, and while you can't see it, I do have some expansion room for more Origins and Clayface if he comes out. I did plug a nightlight in the outlet so there's some lighting shining on it when the lights are out. Anyone have a better idea for a light I could plug in there to illuminate the display better?

It does look better from a downward angle, as if you're standing up or sitting on the couch I have in there, but I wanted to make sure you could see all the figures easier.

Last edited:

Congrats Penguin, it's awesome seeing 'em all together.

Anybody wanna trade a dead shot for a new series 3 penguin? Deadshot doesn't have to be new

Just beat Copperhead, what a fun and sexy boss, can't wait to get a figure of her.

Well I tried the ol' hairdryer and cold water trick and my BM figure's legs and it worked like a charm so thanks for the advice ronri it was greatly appreciated.

While acquiring nearly all the figures from the Arkham lines in about a month's time (from mid October to mid November), I've been picking up certain wwe elite figures to have customized into vary of Goons and GCDP Swat. Hope to have pictures of them early next year once I find some customizers to work on them.

Even have a Gordon in his AA look incase DCC don't make him.

Has anybody seen the exclusive dcd figure that was given to the developers at rocksteady? I'm really curious:gah:

Has anybody seen the exclusive dcd figure that was given to the developers at rocksteady? I'm really curious:gah:
When was that? There was a Batman variant a while ago - the sculpt of the Detective Vision Batman repainted in regular black/grey. That the one you mean?

I found it. Not a huge change, just the shorter cape & a batarang.

Well I tried the ol' hairdryer and cold water trick and my BM figure's legs and it worked like a charm so thanks for the advice ronri it was greatly appreciated.

GAH! I truly apologize for the lack of a reply for a long while now. I completely forgot that this thread was in the Video Games section so never noticed if you replied back or not (I frequent the DC section more often). :slap

Then when I FINALLY had a photo to show, out of nowhere my computer crashed just before a trip and so I lost all my files (not even gonna go into how that frustrated me so much). I only just managed to get a working computer and a temporary internet connection since yesterday. :thud:

Still glad to hear it's worked fine for you, I assume there's no more shelf-diving problems for your Black Mask then? :hi5:

GAH! I truly apologize for the lack of a reply for a long while now. I completely forgot that this thread was in the Video Games section so never noticed if you replied back or not (I frequent the DC section more often). :slap

Then when I FINALLY had a photo to show, out of nowhere my computer crashed just before a trip and so I lost all my files (not even gonna go into how that frustrated me so much). I only just managed to get a working computer and a temporary internet connection since yesterday. :thud:

Still glad to hear it's worked fine for you, I assume there's no more shelf-diving problems for your Black Mask then? :hi5:
Nope...my Black Mask no longer has the terrible habit of falling flat on his face.:clap
Its no problem that you didn't reply, I completely understand.:hi5:

Did some part swapping to make the 5 GCDP SWAT bodies a tad different. Making one taller as well. Bought some 1/6 scale SWAT gear like knee pads, elbow pads, helmets and riot shields to have shrunken to find the figures.

Also did more difficult part swapping and have the basic parts down for Penguin's Enforcer, Penguin Gang Member, Venom User. Have to buy another Origins Bane for the boots for the Enforcer then try and find some knee pads like his. Looking for cloth jackets/coats for Penguin's Enforcer and Gang Member. Also for some Gotham criminals after I put some together.

Gonna use 1 of my 7 wwe elite shield figures for a Bane Mercenary but have to get a hold of the mask from Dark Knight Survival suit mask. Need to put together a few more wwe elite & basic suit figures for Black Mask's goons, and Warden Joseph. If I can find a body suitable for Commissioner Loeb I would want him.

Then just to find someone to do any sculpt and paint work. This is going to get expensive. :(

I'm hoping the next Rocksteady game brings back Catwoman playable in the campaign... and I hope they bring in the Burton designs as skins for Batman and Catwoman... it's been something I've been hoping for.

Adam West is cool, but a lil too before my time, also they ruined his mask with the cuts near his cheeks... the Adam suit never had that.

1529762_10152204860909258_221529895_o.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!!!well its official...dcc has posted the first picture of the upcoming clayface arkham city deluxe figure.

And it looks AMAZING....guess good things will come in 2014!!!!

Ohhh that's pretty good. Looks kind of different to how he did in the game, though.....I dunno. Maybe I'm misremembering.

I do love those big figures, though.

Back