DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Im just gonna say this but I favor this joker design over the the previous ones. I cant wait for figures of him.

This design has actually grown on me quite a bit, and I like his suit; it reminds me of Boyd Crowder's style on Justified.:lol

I will always prefer the classic look of Joker in Asylum/City, but I am a fan of this younger Joker outfit before he's completely found out his new persona and polished it to perfection. This outfit seems like something a new fresh Joker would wear, just some ensemble of normal clothes in their flavour and not a custom instantly recognizable suit.

so the re-re-release of the arkham asylum figures come out today, any differences compared to the original batches? can't help but wonder if they are using the transparent flesh plastic on ivy

I thought they were out in October?

Also, I'm curious to see pictures of all of them. Damn, really hope I can get my hands on a first release Armored Batman... I was wanting to have the first releases in case anything was different.

And what's about this transparent flesh plastic thing? All of these figures just look like flesh plastic to me... Why'd their be translucent?

they use the transparent plastic to imitate real human flesh, like hot toys. but unlike hot toys they don't use washes and fancy paint jobs over the plastic flesh tone to make it look good. neca's rambo for example had a really translucent nose which made a good sculpt look bad.

they are available at the snail
https://silversnail.com/article/743

they use the transparent plastic to imitate real human flesh, like hot toys. but unlike hot toys they don't use washes and fancy paint jobs over the plastic flesh tone to make it look good. neca's rambo for example had a really translucent nose which made a good sculpt look bad.

they are available at the snail
https://silversnail.com/article/743
I know what they use it for, but looking at all the Arkham figures, none of them really seem like they use clear plastic to me...

I know for a fact they didn't use it on some figures due to the work I did on them to remove paint defects... I don't think DCD is using clear plastic... It really doesn't look like it, and I know they didn't use it on most figures because I had to buff off some paint splotches on the faces on a few and it's all flesh plastic underneath....

I meant semi-transparent

Still just seems like flesh plastic to me. I guess I don't see the effect of the plastic, and most of the time DCC paint's over the flesh coloured plastic.

She may not be one of my favourite designs, but she's one of my favourite figures.
9567407643_ca6fc68a48.jpg

Plus she looks really good with the syringe, something Hugo couldn't do.

And the Titan Gun she came with just make the Joker figure bad ***.
9550718393_cc64c21a1a.jpg

Last edited:

Just a quick heads up Hugo strange is up at graphitti design web site for $29.95.

How much do you think they would charge shipping to the UK for the strange figure??

How much do you think they would charge shipping to the UK for the strange figure??
They said to shoot them an email for a quote, so I suggest just shooting them an email asking them.

No harm in that is there?

If it was me shipping it to you, I'd say 15 max, but this is a company shipping to you, prices are usually higher for that... So I don't have an idea.

They said to shoot them an email for a quote, so I suggest just shooting them an email asking them.

No harm in that is there?

If it was me shipping it to you, I'd say 15 max, but this is a company shipping to you, prices are usually higher for that... So I don't have an idea.

I have sent an email to them now, I also asked them to elaborate on the release if liability email I'm supposed to send, as I'm not sure how to go about this but told them if I could afford the postage is be very interested in buying!

It won't let me complete the order. What if they're sold out? Anybody else experience this problem?

I checked their quantity, they had 1515 last time I checked. I don't think they sold out, probably a system glitch, a lot of people could be getting on their site for all the con exclusives, overloaded the server.

Edit: Now their at 1487.

It won't let me complete the order. What if they're sold out? Anybody else experience this problem?

I got that too I had to register an account and sign in before it let me order.

I ordered mines and I did not have to register. I also been reading the same problem on other message boards so it has to be a minor glitch in the website, there are some tricks to order from there.

One is you can type the number of figures you want in the quantity section and click enter and the figure will be added to your cart.

Two is the type of browser your using some say Firefox had issues but on Internet explorer works fine.

Last edited:

They never replied to my email, I have just sent another (having made an account and signed in since) if they'd just respond with a good quote I'd have bought it by now! haha

[edit] I followed it through as if I was to buy it and when I added my address it said postage would cost $32.50 which would mean about £40 with shipping for me, :/ hmmmm, it's cheaper than eBay, but it's loads of money!

I think I need an American friend!

Last edited:
Back