DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

OMG. It's beautiful.

Does anyone have the Robin DLC for the game for sale?

:clap
Awesome work sfa! If you don't mind sharing, what materials did you use?

Thanks guys!! :D :D
It was definitely worth all the time I put into it!

I'll take a photo with me next to it tomorrow to show you the scale - but trust me, this thing's HUGE! :lol

Damn. That's a hell of a thing. Well done.

SnakeDoc

So, anyone here remember the dio I made a while back for my DCD Arkham figures?
Well, I quickly realised that with all the new figures anounced my dio was nowhere near big enough to fit them all on... so I decided to set about making a new one. A much better, much bigger one I might add! Now, after a few weeks and many, many hours of work it's finally finished!! (and definitely big enough to fit all the announced figures in!)

So here it is, my brand new custom-made Arkham City diorama!

1-22.jpg

As you can see it's much, much bigger than my last dio! Obviously it's not 100% game accurate due to the scale, but it's as close to the Arkham City entrance in the game as I could get it. Also, as you can see in the pics I decided to make the screen interchangeable so I can place any picture in there I want.
After 2 weeks of solid building I'm very pleased to now have it finished finally and very happy with the end result too! Now I just need to wait for the other figures to be released to add to it...

Freaking awesome! I love the Strange screen too. I wish you weren't in the UK so you could make me one too! :lol

Holy crap! The dio is awesome!

^ Wow, can't wait. I may just stick with the DC Direct figures. They are in my price range ;)

Just crazy dude

Take a pic of yourself with it for scale :lol
Here you go Void - told you it was huge! :lol
11-2.jpg

:clap
Awesome work sfa! If you don't mind sharing, what materials did you use?
Thanks! Other than a few small parts it was made entirely out of (very strong!) cardboard :)

Damn. That's a hell of a thing. Well done.

SnakeDoc

That dio is freakin awesome! :rock

Freaking awesome! I love the Strange screen too. I wish you weren't in the UK so you could make me one too! :lol

Holy crap! The dio is awesome!
Thanks all! Now I just need to make another one big enough for the HT version. Just kidding! :lol
Can't wait for all the new figures to come out now so I can get them all in there too!

Ruddy hell sfa, that's amazing. Also you should totally build the big Arkham City sign and impale the Ra's Al Ghul figure on it when it comes out. :D OMG SPOILERS.

Haha Thanks CultofSkaro! :D
Actually I did originaly intend to make the big Arkham City sign but I left it off in the end since the dio just ended up much bigger than I'd planned!
Here's my original design concept - as you can see it turned out quite different in the end:
12-2.jpg

This is so cool mate! Great job. Will it hold all 30 characters in it? I can't wait to see it with them all!

^ Thanks :D Yeah, it should (in theory!) be able to fit all the characters in it. I built it in mind with DCD making every villain from the game eventually so I tried to plan in my head where they'd all fit as I designed it.
I'm only going to have one version of any character in there though, so any variants and AA versions of figures will just be displayed elswhere.
I'm looking forward to getting the next few waves of figures and seeing how they all look in there!

What did you use for the sirens, tower and fences mate? They look cool!

^ thanks! I used straws, paint and gutter mesh for the fences. The sirens were made from card and straws, and the towers were made from some very strong double-walled card. All the smaller bits were strong single walled card. The only thing I didn't make was the piece of rooftop that Robin is stood on - that's from the YJ Red Arrow figure.

I picked up the mattel Harley today and have to say I like her a lot better than the DCD one. I plan to replace the chain on her belt with a real one, mostly I like her head a lot better. I really didn't like the AC Harley from DCD at all which was a shame because the AA one was awesome.

Back