DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Picked up the Harley Quinn today, wasn't going to miss out on this one like I have with the A.A version

Deathstroke is a possibility given his inclusion in Arkham City Lockdown.
I hope not, I'm not a fan of his design at all - not very 'Arkhamverse' in the slightest. Someone on another forum also pointed out it's quite possibly the same Deathstroke skin they used for the MKvsDCU game, since they are extremely similar. Cool little game though anyway :D

Hopefully we will get to see the rest of wave 3 at Toyfair then, especially since wave 2 will be out only a couple of months after the event.
Somehow I doubt we'd see anything else new other than the rest of wave 3 (and possibly an addition to the Deluxe wave 2) since any other waves wouldn't be available until 2013, but I'd love to be wrong!

I'm just curious, to the ones that owns these. Who is your favorite figure out of the 3 and your least favorite?

Got Arkham City Series 1 today. Overall, I'm pleased with how they turned out. Here is my review for it. I just noticed that Batman's suit is different than Series 1 and 2 Asylum figures. His Bat logo is painted on the suit this time.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFfMd4FTmhg[/ame]

Last edited:

I'm just curious, to the ones that owns these. Who is your favorite figure out of the 3 and your least favorite?

Batman is my favorite of the three. Really impressive figure.
Harley is my least favorite. Its not bad ... but the lack of a mask takes away quite a bit.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Batman is my favorite of the three. Really impressive figure.
Harley is my least favorite. Its not bat ... but the lack of a mask takes away quite a bit.

SnakeDoc

It would of been cool if they included a cowled head, but they still need variants of Batman for other series.

It would of been cool if they included a cowled head, but they still need variants of Batman for other series.

Not sure why ... but I've always liked unmasked Batman figures. They're actually fairly unusual, so I'm glad they did one for Arkham City. This one is a far cry better than the DCD Secret Files Unmasked Batman, which was the previous best unmasked Batman figure.

review_secretid_3.jpg

DC308128.jpg

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Not sure why ... but I've always liked unmasked Batman figures.

This one is a far cry better than the DCD Secret Files Unmasked Batman, which was the previous best unmasked Batman figure.

SnakeDoc

:exactly: but to be honest I was disappointed when pictures surfaced. But when I picked them up I was impressed. Loved the different side with the virus look then look at his right side he looks fine. A BW in a suit from DCD is overdue.

I actually don't mind that Harley doesn't come with a mask. It gives her a nice difference to the AA one. She looks just like she does if you die in the game and she is the character who mocks you for dying. I like her.

I like the Harley figure too. She looks exactly like she does in the game and the figure's size is a lot better this time around too. I liked the AA Harley figure aswell but she was way too tall.
I was suprised by how much I like the Robin figure - he's great! The Batman is pretty cool aswell, though probably my least favourite of the three.

After playing Arkham City Lockdown I would love a Grundy Figure. Soloman and Clayface I think need to be made into deluxe figures. I actually would buy a deathstroke also. He was cool in lockdown and cool to use in MK vs DC.

My Harley and Robin figures arrived today. Pretty good. Something about Harley just epitomises Arkham City, I don't know if it's just because she was one of the first character designs we saw but still, she looks great alongside Joker, much better than the AA figure (though I still think I prefer that design....). Robin is awesome of course, personally I love Robin's AC design, there's something very cool about him, cooler than Batman PERHAPS. I didn't pick up the unmasked Batman because there's not much display value there really. I prefer the body design and colouring to the AA version, so I'll probably wait for a masked version.

All in all, not as strong an opening wave as AA had, but the thought that this is the start of a bigger line is a good one.

^ Yeah I do have to agree it's not the strongest of first waves at all, especially given the fact that essentially only one character is new, but it is the start of some great waves to come so I can forgive it in that respect.
Really looking forward to wave 2 and the deluxe wave 1 a couple of months after that.

I picked up Harley from Arkham City over the weekend, passed on Robin and Bruce/Batman though might get them another day.

I think Robin will be HTF soon. Too bad they connected the hood to the head. Wished they put more detail into his staff.

The way these are selling, I wouldn't pass on any if you think you'll want it later. The Arkham series seem to sell fast, and go up pretty quick. My LCS told me the day they came out, "If you want them, get them now ... we had about twice this many two hours ago."

SnakeDoc

The way these are selling, I wouldn't pass on any if you think you'll want it later. The Arkham series seem to sell fast, and go up pretty quick. My LCS told me the day they came out, "If you want them, get them now ... we had about twice this many two hours ago."

SnakeDoc

:exactly::goodpost:

Oh and don't even think twice on the sickened joker, just get him when you can get it for only $20.

Oh and don't even think twice on the sickened joker, just get him when you can get it for only $20.

I got it for $20. Its a solid figure, but wasn't a must have for me. I'd probably have passed at anything above $20.

The Bruce Wayne is honestly one of the best figures in the line so far, though. Can't miss on that one.

SnakeDoc

SnakeDoc

This was the case at my LCS with the Asylum waves, especially Harley only months later to restock lots more, i'm not worried but..with a sale coming up soon i'll bite then if i can get them.

Back