DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

This was the case at my LCS with the Asylum waves, especially Harley only months later to restock lots more, i'm not worried but..with a sale coming up soon i'll bite then if i can get them.

I had to wait on the restock to get Harley also ... she disappeared pretty quick on the first go-round. Scarecrow was pretty easy to land for a while. I got the last Batman and Joker, though, and haven't seen another one since.

For the second wave, I got all of them on day 1. Never saw Bane or Armored Batman on the shelf after I bought them. Ivy and Zsasz stuck around for a while.

Even Scarecrow, Ivy and Zsasz -- the three slow-sellers -- are long gone now, though.

SnakeDoc

During Halloween I stopped by cornerstorecomics and they had full sets of AA series 1 and 2 instock. But I just picked up an extra armored Bats since I already had the sets. Never knew the prices of these would be this high.

Finally opened my AA figures tonight, paid for my series 1 AC figures and pre ordered series 2 the other day. Its been a successful week!

Saw these in person yesterday at my LCS, great figures, but not enough to make me break my "no 6"" rule.

I have AC Harley on the way, only one I wanted from this wave, as I pretty much only pick up Joker, Harley and sometimes Catwoman figs these days for display. Back in the day though I would have purchased the lot, but I'm not the hardcore DCD fig fan I used to be.

I'm not a Hard Core DCD fan either, but I am a hard core Arkahm fan and these are the best things out there right now. Plus its awesome having so many of Batman's villians done in one line with a consistant look instead of getting 3 figures at a time from specific graphic novels or artists.

Plus its awesome having so many of Batman's villians done in one line with a consistant look
Agreed. Hopefully DCD will do all the major villains from the game too which would quite possibly give us the largest collection of Batman's rogues in any one line.
I'm pretty sure the old BTAS figure line still holds the record for the most Batman villains, and it would be nice to see the DCD Arkham line overtake that - especially since the designs and sculpts are so awesome.

Hey guys, looking through this thread, when talking about the certain waves or series', folks have talked about a deluxe version of series 1 and 2?? Does anyone know what's going to be so deluxe about those waves/series and do we we know if DCD is making a Two-face to go with this line?

It's not a deluxe 'version' of series 1 and 2, it's a whole new deluxe line of figures with new characters. The 'deluxe' aspect is that they're bigger characters. At the moment we have Freeze, Killer Croc and Titan Joker coming out in deluxe waves, and no doubt characters like Solomon Grundy will follow. And I'd be really surprised if DCD didn't make a Two Face figure. I'd say it's 99% likely that we'll get one, so no need to settle for the Mattel version.

Yeah, as CultofSkaro said, it's two lines based on the game running in tandem, consisting of regular waves and deluxe waves.

Here's a current list of all waves and characters announced so far:

(regular) Arkham City wave 1 - out now
Batman, Harley, Robin

(regular) Arkham City wave 2 - out April 2012
Batman, Catwoman, Riddler, Hush, Mad Hatter

(deluxe) Arkham City wave 1 - out June 2012
Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze

(regular) Arkham City wave 3 - out October 2012
Penguin (only character announced so far)

(deluxe) Arkham City wave 2 - out November 2012
Titan Joker (only character announced so far)

Characters in the game but not yet announced by DCD:

Nightwing
Azrael

Hugo Strange
Two-Face
Ras Al Ghul
Talia
Deadshot
Black Mask
Calendar Man

Grundy
Clayface

Also, a little information for anyone interested:
The Hasbro BTAS line finished up with a total of 18 Batman villains - which is the most amount of Batman villains in any one line so far (For the sake of these lists I've included Catwoman as a villain)
Joker
Harley
Penguin
Riddler
Catwoman
Two-Face
Scarecrow
Poison Ivy
Bane
Mr. Freeze
Killer Croc
Clayface
Manbat
Ras Al Ghul
Talia
Mad Hatter
Ventriloquist & Scarface
Phantasm

So far the DCD Arkham line will give us a total of 13 villains (including announced characters)
Joker
Harley
Scarecrow
Zsasz
Poison Ivy
Bane
Catwoman
Penguin
Riddler
Mad Hatter
Hush
Killer Croc
Mr. Freeze

So that leaves only 6 villains for DCD to make to beat the record held by the BTAS line. If DCD made every villain featured in the game then the final total of Batman villains in the Arkham line would be 22.

^ slightly pointless information I know, but there it is :lol

:lol Thats cool to know. I'm sure they'll beat that record. These figures are like printing money for them. They'd be stupid not to keep making them until they got everyone.

After playing through game plus the past 2 weeks ( I waited for the DLC skins to make them more worthwhile) I really want Ra's to come with a zombie head too. He was really creepy before dropping into the Lazarus Pit. And I still want Hush to come with an unmasked head as well. DCD has done alternate heads packaged with figures before, but with the Infected Bruce it makes me feel they are trying to milk us for all we are worth instead of inlcuding things like that that make sense to include. Heck, Hush was unmasked more than masked in the game!

Nightwing
Azrael

Hugo Strange
Two-Face
Ras Al Ghul
Talia
Deadshot
Black Mask
Calendar Man

Grundy
Clayface

I totally expect to see all of these. Plus Hammer and Sickle might not be bad choices either. Heck, throw in a remake of Bane with Croc type legs and even. Zsaz has a new outfit as well, so he could use a remake as well if they really want to stretch this line out.

I could see a redone Bane and Titan Joker as a DX series. Hammer and Sickle as a DX series. And Grundy and Clayface as a DX series. That is if they want to stick with pairing DX figures up.

As for the regular figures I'm trying to figure out what would go best with Penguin in series 3. We know there will be a Batman, but hopefully its a better variant than Detective Mode (which honestly, should have been the SDCC/NYCC exclusive). Two-face and Strange would round out the wave nicely if they are going back to waves of 4. I'd put Talia and Ra's in the same wave as each other so maybe save them for wave 4 with another Batman and Nightwing perhaps?

I just really wish DCD would realize we don't need a Batman in every wave to carry it. Nightwing or Robin or even Catwoman could have easily carried a wave without Batman IMO. I figure if you can play as them, they can anchor the wave.

@Sfa and CultofSkaro: thanks for all the info! Didn't know there was so much more in store for this line. I definitely want Mr. freeze. I barely started playing the game since I just finished my finals last week and I'm really digging all the character designs except for Penguin.

@Buttmunch: totally agree with all you said especially the whole bit about not needing Batman in every wave. I do hope for a BD Batman though. I liked how his BD looks in this game more so than the first game. Through the tears in the suit, he looks bruised up possibly b/c of the infection but I bet it would make for a great figure

I think I'm going to have to pic up Robin soon though. After seeing him in the game, the DCD figure does look pretty accurate. I might tweak the paint though to not look so bright

^ No worries Gipetto0812! Hope you manage to find all the ones you're after, and Robin doesn't look as bright coloured in-hand as he does in the promo-pics.

I totally expect to see all of these. Plus Hammer and Sickle might not be bad choices either. Heck, throw in a remake of Bane with Croc type legs and even. Zsaz has a new outfit as well, so he could use a remake as well if they really want to stretch this line out.
I hope we do see all of the villains. I'd be really happy to see Bane re-done for the deluxe line too if they chose to remake him. I'd happily take a new Zsaz in his AC outfit too actually.
I think you could be right about the wave 3 line-up. Hugo Strange, Two-Face & Penguin, along with a Batman variant of course, would make for a solid wave. If they go for 5 figures again they could add Nightwing too, though I'm guessing we only got 5 figures in series 2 to make up for the low number in series 1.
Ras & Talia should definitely be in the same wave together so I'd expect to see them both in wave 4 with Deadshot and/or Black Mask.
I just hope we get a regular or BD Batman in series 3 so we can have a definitive AC Batman to display.

Her snookums arrived :yess:
5cfe63b3.jpg

^ Nice to see them both together for Xmas! :D
Now you just need to buy doubles so you can crack 'em open!

I'm actually suprised the Sickened Joker exclusive didn't sell better, considering that turned out to be his actual look in the game.
It's a great sculpt too and I love the laughing expression.

I don't think too much people know you can buy it for retail on their site. It is still ending around $40 on eBay. Same as the SDCC Battle Damaged Bats and even the SDCC Green Lanterns last year, it didn't sell out quick.

For people who picked up the Pizza-face joker and the harley...
DSC01214.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

Merry Christmas

Back