DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Holy crap, I can't believe the prices that some of these figures are going for right now. Glad I ordered them when I did. Still don't have the Excl. Batman, but not interested in paying the prices it goes for now.

That's the only one I don't have. From the pictures I've seen ... the damage didn't look all that impressive. Just a mark here or there isn't enough damage for me to go out of my way to get one. Still hoping they do a heavily battle damaged AC version, though.

SnakeDoc

Glad I got it for retail cost, do you guys also have the sickened NYCC Joker. Incase you guys didn't, it was also posted a few times that graffiti.com has it for $20.

Didn't know these were out yet - knew it was soon, just haven't been paying enough attention I guess. Will have to go and track down that new Harley now...

By the way, great display sfa.

Glad I got it for retail cost, do you guys also have the sickened NYCC Joker. Incase you guys didn't, it was also posted a few times that graffiti.com has it for $20.

Yeah, I grabbed NYCC Joker last month when he first went up online. He's the only one I still have in the package too. I also grabbed a second AA Joker last month when my 1st one had his leg snap off and break the gold chain.

I'm going to grab AC series 1 hopefully this week. Then I'll be caught up. Any word on the deluxe releases?

These are the upcoming release dates according to NYCC. They've been correct up to now:

Regular series 2 - April 2012
Deluxe series 1 - June 2012
Regular series 3 - October 2012
Deluxe series 2 - November 2012

Yeah, I grabbed NYCC Joker last month when he first went up online. He's the only one I still have in the package too. I also grabbed a second AA Joker last month when my 1st one had his leg snap off and break the gold chain.

I'm going to grab AC series 1 hopefully this week. Then I'll be caught up. Any word on the deluxe releases?

You would want to sell your broken Joker's Black Stand by any chance :pray:

I bought a Sickened Joker of ebay and he didn't come with one.

These are the upcoming release dates according to NYCC. They've been correct up to now:

Regular series 2 - April 2012
Deluxe series 1 - June 2012
Regular series 3 - October 2012
Deluxe series 2 - November 2012

Seems like a long time, can't wait. Was Nightwing announced for any series?

Seems like a long time, can't wait. Was Nightwing announced for any series?
Not yet. I'm expecting him in Series 3 (since we've had Robin and Catwoman in waves 1 and 2).

Wave 3 I can see being a regular Batman, Nightwing, Penguin and then a side mission character. Maybe something like:

W3: Batman, Nightwing, Penguin, Calendar Man
W4: Batman, Ra's, Deadshot, Black Mask.
W5: Batman, Talia, Strange, Two Face.

Seems a decent balance of big villains and minor ones in each wave. Throw in deluxe Grundy and Clayface figures for a final deluxe wave, and we should have all the main villains from AC, unless I've missed some. Could also throw in a suited Bruce Wayne as a Batman variant, probably in W4 'cause that'd be one of the stronger waves.

Last edited:

Not yet. I'm expecting him in Series 3 (since we've had Robin and Catwoman in waves 1 and 2).

Wave 3 I can see being a regular Batman, Nightwing, Penguin and then a side mission character. Maybe something like:

Seems a decent balance of big villains and minor ones in each wave. Throw in deluxe Grundy and Clayface figures for a final deluxe wave, and we should have all the main villains from AC, unless I've missed some. Could also throw in a suited Bruce Wayne as a Batman variant, probably in W4 'cause that'd be one of the stronger waves.

Thanks, would love to get a suited Bruce Wayne. Did DC Direct mention about doing Batman Skin costumes such as the DLC for the games? I can see them milking it with just repaints and I'm down for that since we need Bats in every series.

Thanks, would love to get a suited Bruce Wayne. Did DC Direct mention about doing Batman Skin costumes such as the DLC for the games? I can see them milking it with just repaints and I'm down for that since we need Bats in every series.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few. I'd like a TDKR skin, but that'd really require a body resculpt. I'm expecting one variant will be the Mad Hatter Batman for sure. Would also be cool to get a big head mode Batman, but I highly doubt that'd happen.

You forgot about Mr. Freeze, who's easily my most wanted figure from this game. I'm not sure where he'd fit in though. He's a bit small for a deluxe, but the added bulk from his suit doesn't really let him fit in with normal figures.

You forgot about Mr. Freeze, who's easily my most wanted figure from this game. I'm not sure where he'd fit in though. He's a bit small for a deluxe, but the added bulk from his suit doesn't really let him fit in with normal figures.
He's already down as a deluxe figure. He was going to be in Wave 1, but when they found out they were doing a deluxe line as well he got moved so they could make him a bit bigger and better.

ahhh I forgot about Black Mask when I did a similar wish list!
As much as I'd love to get a Calendar Man figure I doubt DCD would make him. I can see them making Azrael though if the series were to end up with 5 waves.

Definites for me would have to be Nightwing, Two-Face, Strange, Ras, Talia & Clayface - so I really hope we get those at the very least.
Black Mask, Deadshot, Azreal, Calendar Man & Grundy would be awesome aswell but I wouldn't be too gutted if we didn't get them.
As for Batman, I'd like to see a regular suit version and a BD suit version at some point. BD Catwoman is also a possibility too I suppose.

I can't wait to find out who the rest of Wave 3 will be. Wonder if we'll find out at SDCC?

I would love to see Azreal, Black Mask and Grundy. I'm not sure Black Mask has a enough screen mention to get a figure though as he is a blink and you miss him figure. So I would think the side missions guys would get figures and I think Calendar Man would go a head of Black Mask only due to the interaction with him in the game. Still I go hope :)

I think Grundy would be an amazing figure also as he is a very cool character.

Wayne would be good. If I had my choice of skins ... TDKR and Red Robin would be my top two, by a long shot.

For Batman variants -- I want a good battle damaged Batman. At least this damaged ...

Batman-Arkham-City-010_610.jpg

... maybe more.

I hope they skip the "Mad Hatter Mask" Batman -- unless the mask is just a separate add-on to a cowled Batman. I thought that looked pretty stupid.

ahhh I forgot about Black Mask when I did a similar wish list!
As much as I'd love to get a Calendar Man figure I doubt DCD would make him. I can see them making Azrael though if the series were to end up with 5 waves.

Definites for me would have to be Nightwing, Two-Face, Strange, Ras, Talia & Clayface - so I really hope we get those at the very least.
Black Mask, Deadshot, Azreal, Calendar Man & Grundy would be awesome aswell but I wouldn't be too gutted if we didn't get them.
As for Batman, I'd like to see a regular suit version and a BD suit version at some point. BD Catwoman is also a possibility too I suppose.

I can't wait to find out who the rest of Wave 3 will be. Wonder if we'll find out at SDCC?

I usually forget Strange for some reason.

I agree with your definites list (Strange, Nightwing, Two Face, Ra's, Clayface) ... though I'd pick Grundy over Talia. Deadshot, Black Mask, and Talia would be my next three (I'd have put Hatter and Hush in this tier as well, for what its worth).

Deathstroke is a possibility given his inclusion in Arkham City Lockdown.

acl04.jpg

I'd actually rather a Commissioner Gordon, Bruce Wayne or Aaron Cash over Azrael and Calendar Man, though. Maybe even those two one-armed siamese Russkie dudes ...

batmanmrhammer.jpg

BatmanArkhamCity_Screen_085_Lieutenant-156-800-500-80.jpg

Freeze has already been announced as a deluxe ...

6248390648_4fd6ef0c9a.jpg

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I think Deathstroke may just be the SDCC exclusive! Now that is a good exclusive if you ask me.

I don't mind something new for exclusives. Mind you it makes it hard to buy when I'm in Australia. Just pre-ordered Series 2 from BBTS so I don't miss out as we can't buy these here.

Thats too soon to their release date. Toy Fair for sure next month. Maybe even some wave 4 teases too.

Thats too soon to their release date. Toy Fair for sure next month. Maybe even some wave 4 teases too.

What date is Toy Fair?

I think they will maybe show us wave 3 but if they are anything like Hasbro, we wont see wave 4 until SDCC.

Looks like its Feb now. 12-15th.

I'm sure we'll see wave 3 and probably a teaser figure of wave 4 just like they did at NYCC (ironically, in the same building) with Penguin. Probably see the other Deluxe figure in wave 2 of the deluxe line (Grundy would be my guess).

Back