DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Does anyone here know where I could get a stand for these figures? I'm looking for the black DC Direct stand that they come with. Only want one. Happy to pay with paypal if you want to sell one?

I also didn't notice that the Mad Hatter was so small in the game but I think it really will make him stand out more on display so I'm happy with him. Hush still looks amazing in the pictures and I love his snarl on his face. Would love to see the Infected Batman up close if anyone has pics. I think I will get them all, then see if there is any I don't like.

Got a set POd at BBTS, gonna see if I can scoop up the dynamic duo this week to just hang on my wall. Also gonna finally order the NYCC Joker. Anyone doing a review of this set?

I was actually most impressed with the Batman. I actually like the suit on the AC Batman a bit better than the AA one.
I hope they do a battle damaged version, with cowl on, of this one
I got my Batman in this-morning and I agree with you, the suit is nicer than the AA version. I do actually like the figure a lot more than I was expecting to, but hopefully we'll get a regular Batman in this suit from DCD sooner rather than later.

The Robin is great. Good height. Smaller than Batman. Good colors. Much better looking than the Mattel version (which, admittedly, I left on the shelf). Can't get the staff to fit in his right hand, though ... which is only a minor problem. Probably one of the best Robin figures I've seen.
Yeah, Robin is a great figure! I managed to get the staff in his right hand on mine with enough force so it is possible. Definitely 100% better than the Mattel version which almost looks like an animated version of the game design.
When it comes to Arkham City figures: DCD = HT, and Mattel = Medicom :lol

Very solid series. If the rest of the AC figures are this good, this line could continue for a good long time.
Agreed! These figures are the best DCD have ever made and hopefully the line will continue into at least 4 regular waves.
I was thinking that if they released 5 figures again in wave 3, plus a fourth wave with 5 figures, and another deluxe wave, then we could get all the characters from Arkham City. For example:

Wave 3 - Batman (regular suit), Nightwing, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Two-Face.
Wave 4 - Batman (Battle Damaged), Azrael, Ras Al Ghul, Talia, Deadshot
Deluxe wave 3 - Clayface, Grundy.

Sfa, what rooftop set is that? Is that the Young Justice Robin one?
Yep - and it can fit 2 DCD figures perfectly :D
6-11.jpg

Some pics of the Batman figure I got this-morning:
1-18.jpg

2-16.jpg

And all four DCD Batman figures:
5-13.jpg

I think Im gonna give the Wayne a miss and wait for just a regular or BD Batman... and maybe try to snag a NYCC Joker, any help on that guys? Also maybe I might switch the head from my still unopened SDCC ex AA BD Batman and put it with this one (with a black repaint) Anyone think that the sculpt on the Series 2 Masked Dectective Vision Batman is the same Arkham Asylum sculpt?

SFA can you take some shots of the unmasked Batman neck area from different angles, I want to see if my Idea can work in a straight up swap or do I have to go through trying to break the sculpt or something... Thanks :wave

Last edited:

^ The neck/unmasked cowl is sculpted to the shoulders/cape so you won't be able to do a straight up head-swap unfortunately.
What you may possibly be able to do is take the entire head/shoulders/cape off and then swap with the head/shoulders/cape from another Batman figure. Not entirely sure how that section of the figure is attatched to the body though so I'd be cautious trying that.
Is it really worth opening an SDCC exclusive figure just for that though? I'm sure they're worth quite a bit nowadays. You may be better off trying to score a loose wave 1 AA Batman figure off eBay.

As for an NYCC Joker figure, you can still get one direct from Graphitti Designs for $20. https://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/ARKHAM-CITY-JOKER-ACTION-FIGURE.html

^ The neck/unmasked cowl is sculpted to the shoulders/cape so you won't be able to do a straight up head-swap unfortunately.
What you may possibly be able to do is take the entire head/shoulders/cape off and then swap with the head/shoulders/cape from another Batman figure. Not entirely sure how that section of the figure is attatched to the body though so I'd be cautious trying that.
Is it really worth opening an SDCC exclusive figure just for that though? I'm sure they're worth quite a bit nowadays. You may be better off trying to score a loose wave 1 AA Batman figure off eBay.

Deal is Graphiti will probably never ship to India, Id rather score a loose combo of an Arkham Asylum Series 1 Batman and the NYCC joker. Id like both loose, no issues, If someone can offer them to me. :wave

BTW Sfa, Id still be interested in pics of that new Wayne neck from different angles just to see how BIG a mod I might have to make.

P.S I've already cancelled my preorder for the full set of Series 1 and only opted for Harley and Robin (Hope I dont regret it)

I've still got a spare NYCC Joker.

Series 1 should be here tomorrow! Can't wait :yess:

Honestly, I think they could even pull off a Wave 5.

Bruce Wayne in his suit, BD Catwoman, and I'd even like to see them dip into Lockdown and give us Deathstroke, maybe release the "Clayface" half-sick Joker to round out the line. As for the Deluxe figures, while I don't think they're anywhere near as iconic as the classic villains, I think an Abromovici twins 2-pack would be pretty cool.

Anyone in the UK got a spare NYCC Joker? I've got a spare AA Batman if anyone needs one.

Given that he is the main villain, i'm surprised we haven't seen a Hugo Strange yet...

Here's a few quick pics of my Arkham City diorama.
It still needs a few bits done to it, but I'm really happy with how it's turned out so far. I'm also working on another similar sized section of city to fit on the opposite side of my monitor so I can add all the new figures from future waves when they come out....
4b6f48e6.jpg

2-17.jpg

1-19.jpg

That is amazing and I really want to see part 2. How did you make the diorama? It's incredible. That being said, what becomes of the alternates? AA Joker, Harley, Unmasked, Armored, and BD Batman? Really want to see you incorporate Bane, but I can see how that'd prove... troublesome.lol

What are you using? As in where are the city parts from? They look really great!

That does look amazing sfa! :rock

I got my set today and I think Batman is actually my favorite of the wave. I call him Two-face Batman though since all of the infection is on this left side. So if you look at him from the right, he looks like a normal, unmasked Batman. From the left, infect Batman. Straight on, Two-face Batman :lol

Harely is nice. I would have loved to been able to swap the AA head onto her though since that would have been perfect. This does look more like her classic outfit, but the lack of a mask just ruins it.

Robin is Ok. Is anyone else's hood glued on crooked? It makes it look like the wind is blowing I guess, but I wish the just hadn't glued it on him to begin with.

From the left is clearly the Dark Knight of Borg. Heh.

That is a really slick looking setup. Where's the building from?

SnakeDoc

Got my wave 1 today, and Robins my fav. Harley doesnt have as much paint detail as her Arkham Asulym version, so looks 'off' to me

Batman turned out decent - excellent detail in the face/head....though not screen accurate..should have come with another head

From the pics I've seen, Mattel's Robin is actually better than DCD's.

Back